Sign in to follow this  
stealth2668

Why no NVG's in all missions?

I'm currently stuck on mission 7 of adapt (Gori?) because I literally can't see jack, but somehow the enemies can see me from a long distance. Why the hell can't I have NVG's in the armory before every mission? Not to mention the friendly AI is incredibly dumb and run in the open and die, or don't take cover behind what I tell them to so I have to lone wolf it.

Yes what I dislike is scavenging is for nothing.

I collected all I found just to think I'd support the cell - but then - just a few things (w/o NV) - were persistent.

I somewhere read - that you have to put the NVG in your backpack or put it on the floor before staging, but I don't remember anymore :(

Do yourself a favour and install bCombat. The mod also changes how well the AI can see in the dark (Basically no better than you)

Ya... they see too well in the dark. I was in pitch black (couldn't even see myself in 3rd p view) and they start shooting at me from 200-300 m away. This mission sucks. It's also really stupid that things don't carry over. Pretty sure I had NVG's at some point.

Edited by Stealth2668

Captured stuff gets stored in the base inventory. You can access it in the gear menu at the start of the mission. I'm at bingo fuel right now and simply forgot to take the NV goggles (which got doubled in amount, for some reason. Sometimes it also takes gear away completely. I hate bugs, but I guess you gotta live with it).

Increases the challenge significantly, but doesn't make the mission unplayable. I walked within 20 meters of an enemy before noticing them, and they didn't notice me (despite them having NV Goggles) on veteran difficulty. It's all a matter of keeping your head down and exploiting cover. Read the map, choose a path that's in dead ground to the enemy and make sure you regularily stop and listen for engine noise, footsteps or talking.

Captured stuff gets stored in the base inventory.

You mean the crates inside the base?

Never tried that, I always thought the gear is getting saved on the player but it's currently bugged, since all vehicles that you steal are also gone after going back to base.

They could at least add a small note to explain how the most basic stuff works, there's not one single hint what you should do to get your gear saved.

Yes, most of your equipment is scattered in the different crates. I always kept looking for my beloved MRCO. But I have to agree, there where moments, where my NV was not available anymore...