Sign in to follow this  
sayjimwoo

I have not played Arma 3 for a 3 months, has the performance improved lately?

I have a overclocked 780ti, 4770k 4.4ghz 16gb 2133mhz ram and an SSD and I play at a 1920x1080 resolution.

I only play single player and even with all the best config tweaks and a medium view range and just 2x AA I couldn't maintain 60fps when just a few AI appeared on screen. I just want to know if the single player performance has improved with the recent patches before reinstalling. If nothing has really improved I will keep waiting. Thanks in advance.

Performance has been greatly improved with the last patch. I really can see the difference in our MP games.

Don't expect 60 solid fps... That's not going to happen in some mission.

We're expecting some decent Multiplayer improvements in regards to performance with the Zeus free DLC, however I'm don't know, just that Dwardens been working on new server files!

People are talking about improved FPS and some are saying they're fps are dropped since the last patch. to me the game runs decent at MP and SP.

I play at very high setting And Anti A is off. and getting decent frames in MP Around 35-60. which is good i think with a decent object distance & view distance.

But you should try it yourself and see if it is improved or not.

something tells me that if you weren't happy with your performance before, you will still find fault depending on how complex the mission is. my brother is the same way with his video games (and has a very similar hardware config) - he still comments on performance issues today. it wouldn't hurt to check it out though as everyone suggested above :)

Thanks guys. I will reinstall later and give it another go. As I said, I only play single player but I use v-sync to avoid screen tearing, (a fps limiter alone isn't smooth enough) and I hate that below 60fps stutter. Maybe I am asking too much expecting 60fps constantly.

It is just frustrating after I spent a small fortune to run Arma 3 well and it suffers in certain missions :)

4770K @ 4.0 GHz, 770 and 1600 MHz memories in singleplayer with all max settings except for Object and Terrain quality high I have like 40-70 fps.

With 1920x1080 you may have a 10% boost, a 780 Ti should give a big boost (20%?) and quicker memories may make a difference... that 0.4 GHz difference doesn't mean anything at all in my experience though which is why I'm staying at 4.

4770K @ 4.0 GHz, 770 and 1600 MHz memories in singleplayer with all max settings except for Object and Terrain quality high I have like 40-70 fps.

With 1920x1080 you may have a 10% boost, a 780 Ti should give a big boost (20%?) and quicker memories may make a difference... that 0.4 GHz difference doesn't mean anything at all in my experience though which is why I'm staying at 4.

0.4 is not noticeable.

In benchmarks however it is.