Sign in to follow this  
dragonsyr

Buldozer not start

when i press tools/connect to buldozer , i get

16:06:16: Failed to open an external application! - following line: P:\Buldozer.exe -buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer -connect=pipe\C0926,8EDB

16:06:16: Buldozer interface - BuldozerEnvelope.cpp void CBuldozerEnvelope::Start( void ) Failure occured during buldozer command line execution. "P:\Buldozer.exe -buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer -connect=pipe\C0926,8EDB" Please update configuration manually.

i see in prefs of terrain builder , on buldozer launch params

P:\Buldozer.exe -buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer

i get the same error when insert -connect=pipe\C0926,8EDB at end of default launch param i have.....

what is the problem?

Not sure what the exact problem is but mine wasnt working for a different reason and I used ArmA3P (found here) and it fixed it. It might be worth a shot for you. Make sure you set your launch params back to normal though. Additionally, make sure you read the readme for ArmA3P because you need some additional files.

I'm encountering an issue with Buldozer aswell.

When attempting to launch it from Terrain Builder, it simply zooms into a point on the map and then nothing further occurs. I have tried the reccomended fix, along with installing BI Tools 2.51 over the Arma 3 Server Tools, along with trying the Arma 3 tools Dev.

It wont start because they forgot to include the required dll files. If you manually start the buldozer.exe it will show an error about missing physx-files. You could copy them from your A3-folder, but then you will get an error message about buldozer not responding.

Edit: I dont why, but it works again. Something I noticed about the problem: Even if I set the path to P:\buldozer.exe, it will load the arma3.exe from my A3-Steam-folder, which produces the "not responding"-error. It appears as arma3.exe in the task manager and creates an arma3.rpt-file, which looks like this:

== D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer -connect=pipe\6078A,8EDB nosplash

Notice how it mixes arma3-exe and buldozer-commands. The path in terrainbuilder is set to "P:\buldozer.exe"!

After several tries it now uses the correct buldozer.exe, which creates "buldozer.rpt"-files instead of "arma3.rpt". Now they look like this:

== P:\buldozer.exe

== P:\buldozer.exe -buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer -connect=pipe\E095E,8EDB

I have no idea why it is now using the correct exe, but it works and the "not responding" error is gone.

Edited by Migebuff

Nice spot Migebuff

Most likely there is a registry entry that is not being updated correctly and is attempting to launch buldozer from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools", though a possible work around would be to copy a working version of buldozer into this location ?

It seems that this was missed between Visitor 3 and Visitor 4(TerrainBuilder).

Does Visitor 4(TerrainBuilder), use the same registry entry as Visitor 3 ? I'm not finding a registry folder for Visitor 4(TerrainBuilder)

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

What is the likely-hood that the problem is caused by the .DLLs as opposed to a registry entry ?

Edited by Yuukan

I think we narrowed the Buldozer not starting problem down to

* having the appropriate .dll's from the main Arma 3 game folder on the P:\ drive (Arma3P does this for you)

* Running Terrain Builder in "admin" mode from the P:\Terrain Builder folder....

The only registry entries are for binmake and the texture conversion configuration locations... nothing to worry about there - they're written for you when you - Run Terrain Builder at least once from the Steam Menu...

B

ok bushlurker, the names of dll file for manualy copy to the p drive??

ok bushlurker, the names of dll file for manualy copy to the p drive??

Mikero's Arma3P will install all the appropriate .dll's for you... however, if you want to do things manually...

My P:\ root directory looks like this...

P_a_zpsd6309224.jpg

P_b_zpsbb14e402.jpg

**NB**

Ignore certain folders in this list...

Bush - (my personal "NameTag" folder...

scripts - (experimental folder to do with "roads viewing in buldozer - more info on that elsewhere and later once we understand it more - ignore it for now)

Tex

TexConvert

Tools - (these were leftover "experimental" folders and aren't part of the necessary stuff)

My procedure was...

* Install the BI "P:\ drive" from the Steam Tools Launch Menu in Steam

* Run Mikero's "Arma3P" over the top of that to get all the stuff the BI routine misses out - like the .dll's and the entire contents of the game unpacked to P:\ (That'll be handy once TB is fixed to accept Arma 3 objects)

* Run TB itself - Once - from that Steam Tools Menu in Steam (That writes the necessary registry keys)

* Go to the P:\Terrain Builder folder - rightclick Terrain Builder.exe - set it to "Run As Administrator" (Again, this shouldn't be necessary, and prevents easy-dragging of data into the TB window, but it's - currently - a necessary step (I think) to make Buldozer run as "P:\Buldozer, and not as your main game Arma3.exe)

* Edit the path in "Mapdisk.bat" - see "Mapdisk.txt" for details.....

From now on - run TB directly from that P:\Terrain Builder location...

Due to some truly admirable brainstorming and collaboration on the Skype Terraindudes Channel over the last few days, our understanding of Terrain Builder has increased dramatically... There's a few flaws we need BI to fix - and they seem to be really on the ball about addressing those, which is terrific...

I'm pretty sure some more comprehensive tutorials will start to appear once people have finished pushing the limits in all areas with their test maps, pooling the information gained from all the tests, and drawing some conclusions as to the best all round workflows...

Meantime I suggest you keep an eye on Jakerods "QuickGuide" tutorial for the latest basic operations info...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I don't have terrainbuilder on my P: drive

Steam installed all my tools in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\

When I run terrainbuilder.exe as an administrator from the steam folder it can't see my P: drive.

Should I copy over all the files from the Arma 3 Tools folder to my P: drive?

and make sure you've got the right steam_appid.txt on your P: drive - its content has to be

so it's not such a good idea to have the P: drive in the Arma 3 Tools Folder because the tools got their own steam_appid.txt (233800).

arma3p copys the correct steam_appid.txt to the P: drive but every time you check the integritiy of the tools steam will overwrite it again.

after mapping the P: drive to a separate folder (in my user space) I'm running TB & Buldozer fine now (as non-admin).

Mikero gave me a link to install extract, derap, depbo exe's. Also arma3p. Also installed thr latest x64 C++ redistributable. I ran arma3p and it setup a new fresh P:

Unfortunately extract, derap, and dpbo fail to start correctly...0xc000007b. So I can't use arma3p to properly setup my P:

Terrainbuilder.exe running as an admin off the P: does it's job. It imports terrain, sat, sat normals, and surface mask and processes it to the layers folder as advertised. When I run buldozer after generating all the textures and material files, it does nothing. It's supposed to run text2view or whatever, convert all the .png's to .paa's and paint the terrain. The terrain is left blank and buldozer sits idle.

My guess is either some paths to the layers\data folder is wrong or buldozer isn't looking in the right place.

My two questions are:

Does anyone here know how to sort out my .dll mess and help me figure out why mikeros tools after proper installation aren't hooking the mfc's in the sysWoW64 and running extract, derap, and depbo.exe's?

I'm running Win7 64 pro with all the latest updates installed with al harder running in great shape.

I do have a previous version of mikeros eliteness installed that works great, which basically does the same thing less all his current stuff using the arma3p.

Secondly, what should the paths look like in the preferences tab for terrainbuilder, and the paths in the properties of the mapframe?

Any help appreciated!

i set my p drive again .

now i have another problem....

when i start bouldozer, i see my terrain white for 3 secs and after that i get an info " Buldozer was terminated - Buldozer no longer responding to messages. connection automaticaly closed.

then buldozer closes....

I had that previously. Is your terrainbuilder.exe installed on your P:? also run it as an admin. It may be the paths are also incorrect in either your map frame or preferences. Not sure...waiting on clarification on how to set up project folders and paths

all default....

the P drive IS the arma3 tools folder .....

and i run as admin both files (terrainbuilder and buldozer).....

i set my p drive again .

" Buldozer was terminated - Buldozer no longer responding to messages. connection automaticaly closed.

then buldozer closes....

To fix this go to your ArmA3 root directory and copy all the files (no folders, just the files), all dll´s and exe files and paste them into the p drive. This step might overwrite some existing files on P drive, but this is ok as these are the same anyways. After you did that you´d have lots of dll´s and 3 exe (arma3.exe, arma3server.exe and buldozer.exe). The arma3server might not be needed, but I have it in the P drive now and it works...no more errormessage as mentioned above.

I had this issue before as well...a friend then told me to do the steps.

@MemphisBelle , thank you...

i have all the files allready there (only the txt and rpt files is not)

@all

ok . now, so far.....

i set my p drive from steam p drive setup.

1st time is ok...my p drive is in my computer.

when i restart , no p drive.

before this , i had arma2 p drive.

in my startup on mapdisk.bat file. in the file this

subst p: "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ArmAWork"

my p drive is ok on every startup of my pc. terrain builder cant see p drive

i try to change to this

subst p: "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools"
again terrain builder cant see p drive , but the drive is there...

only if i run again the mapdisk.bat for arma3 with this code

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:: file: mapdisk.bat

:: ======

:: Author: Tom_48_97 <tom_48_97@me.com>

:: Description: Mapping of P: for users and admins (quick'n dirty)

:: Note:

:: if the UAC level is above "never", it can ask for elevation

:: Be careful about the only parameter, it must be exact!

:: This has been tested w/ win7 x64, win8 x64 & win2008r2 x64

:: Disclaimer: /!\ USE AT YOUR OWN RISKS /!\

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::--- Parameter

reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\P Drive" /v path >query.txt

findstr path query.txt >query2.txt

set /p ArmAWorkPath=<query2.txt

set ArmAWorkPath=%ArmAWorkPath:~22%

del query*.*

::--- The job

:: Small kid, after this line, GET OUT OF MY CODE ;-)

@echo off

REM color 13

cls

echo.

echo =============================

echo Mapping user side

subst p: "%ArmAWorkPath%"

NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL

if '%errorlevel%' == '0' (goto gotEscalation) else (goto getEscalation)

:getEscalation

if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto gotEscalation)

setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion

set "batchPath=%~0"

setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\BIS_getEscalation.vbs"

echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\BIS_getEscalation.vbs"

"%temp%\BIS_getEscalation.vbs"

exit /B

:gotEscalation

REM color 43

setlocal & pushd .

echo Mapping admin side

subst p: "%ArmAWorkPath%"

::--- clean & exit

del %temp%\BIS_getEscalation.vb

exit /B

then the terrain builder can see the p drive.

**every start of this bat makes copy the files for p drive setup....... is this ok? i need every time copies of those files to my p drive?

If i put the arma3 mapdisk.bat in my windows startup files, then i get no p at all (cmd error PATH NOT FOUND)

what can i do to make the A3 p drive permanent ????

Edited by dragonsyr

I'd suggest you use NeoArmageddons modified version of that mapdisk.bat file...

Get that here - http://www.armamapmaking.info/mapdisk

Edit this line at the start...

set ArmAWorkPath=C:\ArmA3Work

.. to point to your Arma 3 Tools folder wherever Steam installed it to... (C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools - if I remember from your previous posts...)

Backup your current mapdisk.bat file in that Arma 3 Tools folder and replace it with that one...

You should now be able to send a shortcut for that to the desktop - or put one in Windows Startup and it - should - start properly every time...

B

ok . now i have the same problem again of buldozer no longer recieves messages ... wtf ?????

why bis release something with wrong setup anyway??

ok . now i have the same problem again of buldozer no longer recieves messages ... wtf ?????

Having done all the above - navigate to your Terrain Builder folder - find the Terrain Builder.exe - right click > Properties > Compatibility... and tick the box labelled "Privilege level: Run this program as administrator"

that should sort the Buldozer issue....

B

i have buldozer and terrain builder run as admin from the beggining.....

:(

i set my p drive again .

now i have another problem....

when i start bouldozer, i see my terrain white for 3 secs and after that i get an info " Buldozer was terminated - Buldozer no longer responding to messages. connection automaticaly closed.

then buldozer closes....

May be you´d start again from the scratch.

- Save your Project Folder, better the parent name tag folder

- uninstall ArmA 3 tools in steam

- make sure that BIS P drive is no more, if it is still present so create a bat file and put this in it

+

subst P: /d

- run it, so that BIS drive will disappear

- delete any left over folder in steamapps/common that are related to ArmA3 tools

- run ccleaner and clean registry as well

- reboot

- reinstall ArmA3 tools

- go to steam libary, right click on ArmA3 tools and setup P drive (select from menu)

- open BIS P drive

- copy all DLL and exe files from ArmA3 root directory into P drive

- run ArmA3P

- put your projectfolder back into P drive

- open terrain builder

- go to main menu / tools --> preferences and set proper pathes

- open previously saved project and try again

if it doesnt run again, so leave TB alone for a while...there will be some proper describtion or TB updates available soon.

I intend to wait as well...

Edited by MemphisBelle

I have also a problem with buldozer.

When I start buldozer i see the CMD field, but after 5-6 seconds working I get the same message as dragonsyr!

I reinstalled the Tools as described by memphis, and I have also tried to copy everything in the Arma3 root folder and launch it. (always with Administrator)

but same error!

i never been able to run the buldozer..... still the same error

any of the updates not help at all...

why is so difficult to run the buldozer?

I hope, you can help me, I got the issue entry: no entry: Cfg. Worlds.

In OB, the Buldozer works.

I've got the following parameters in the TB:

-buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer