Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Shuttup (Players) Already!

Man...sometimes it seems so hard do the simplest things. I just want there to be no 'automatic' audio or chat calls out of enemies, directions, regroup calls, anything. I've currently got all of the following in my init.sqf

enableSentences false;
0 fadeRadio 0;
enableRadio false;
player disableConversation true;
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]; 

Even with all that, people just won't shuttup :) Is there any way to just keep people completely quiet?

Ah, that's great, but I was hoping to do it through scripting if at all possible. I hate making addon requirements for my missions if they can be avoided.

I just have

enableRadio false;
enableSentences false;

in my init and disable subtitles and radio subtiltles in the game settings and the AI don't report anything. The only thing I may hear is the occasional waypoint direction but 99% of the time it's quiet and my screen is much more clear as well.

Will that disable enemy shouts as well? I love those...

@meatball, then open the pbo and see how the code was done and set it up for yourself.

Doesn't seem to be stuff that can be set with scripts, it's done by emptying all lines from class RadioProtocol*.

Does enableRadio FALSE also disable group/side/globalChat messages created by scripts, by the way?

Does enableRadio FALSE also disable group/side/globalChat messages created by scripts, by the way?

yup. That is kind of frustrating. It also blocks AI from taking commands. I have a mission with an AI hostage. This prevents him from joining the group and taking move orders. Anyone have a thought on how to get around this without the addon?

DasClark

In your servers Arma3Profile, you need to have AutoSpot=0; in addition to enableSentences false; in the main init.sqf (or initServer.sqf).

The setVariable is exactly what you want, but you've only applied it the player, not the actual people talking .

In the init:

{_x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]} forEach NoisyAI;

Doesn't BIS_noCoreConversations only remove the generic conversations that Arma 2 had? Like the ones where you could ask for seen units, nearest settlement, or weather. Arma 3 doesn't have them to begin with.

As OP said:

I just want there to be no 'automatic' audio or chat calls out of enemies, directions, regroup calls, anything.

Disabling noCoreConversations , is exactly this.

I'm not sure what particular chat responses from AI you are saying aren't included in this, but I was just responding to OP and this completely fixes that problem. I suggest you try it out yourself.

Cheers.

Wouldn't it just be easier to have a single command that just disables all communication from player and/or AI. Whether it be radio, voice, subtitle, whatever?

As OP said:

"I just want there to be no 'automatic' audio or chat calls out of enemies, directions, regroup calls, anything."

Disabling noCoreConversations , is exactly this.

I'm not sure what particular chat responses from AI you are saying aren't included in this, but I was just responding to OP and this completely fixes that problem. I suggest you try it out yourself.

Cheers.

I mean these: http://i.imgur.com/y4edKWH.jpg

Disabling those is what you get as the purpose of BIS_noCoreConversations if you google it, for example. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the effect of enableSentences? I mean I just tested it in A3 with "player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]; { _x setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]; } forEach allUnits;" and I couldn't notice any difference.