Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Character Loadout Customizer - (Paper Doll Gear menu & VAS-Virtual Ammobox Combined)

any way to add this to any steam-loaded mission automatically without editing ammobox in each mission?

Could this be added as a script that automatically loads in any mission you start in arma 3?, not just missions you create or edit in the mission editor?

Amazing functionality, but it would be a great automatic feature to any mission, especially singleplayer missions, in arma3.....

Thanks for great work!

AMAZING.

How do we save the character's loadout to a mission file to access the loadout script files?

In otherwords how can I export my character to another mission file with his load I created?

Edited by BEAKSBY

Hi guys, thanks for your interest, just to let you know Im not very active in the community anymore because of real life change in my schedule, so dont expect a response

from me if you happen to ask til the weekends, maybe during the week too if i have time, but to answer all those questions you all had posted since

my last post here, i really cannot help you, I have no idea.

For those that i can answer:

Hi, i saw the addon have the slider for adjusting the weather, time, etc, will it affect the server during multiplayer?

It shouldn't but it might, your mission that you add the codes to for the customizer should already have weather you setup when you built the mission, so

I would suggest not using the weather feature on the customizer, i never messed with it, not ever tried it in mp on a server I happen to rent.

Could this be added as a script that automatically loads in any mission you start in arma 3?, not just missions you create or edit in the mission editor?

Sure it can if you know how. It would prob need to go through the missions init.sqf, cant say for sure.

In otherwords how can I export my character to another mission file with his load I created?

VAS has a system built in where when you save your loadout, theres is something copied and I forget where in your computer for your game, like a profile of sort, so basically

you can go to another mission be it your own or someone elses and if it has Vas just choose the title in the VAS list and it should load.

However some missions have loadouts setup specifically for weapons and gear, you can edit the Vas scripts in that mission to bypass that so that your loadout loads up only for you.

On another note to add to that is lets say for example you are running the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons mod and have saved a character with a loadout that uses weapons and other things from that mod, if you wanted to have your character complete with those weapons you will need to make sure you run the weapons mod too when you play, or you will only get just the uniform and equipment changes, depends.

Thanks Gunter,

I understand how time consuming and addictive this is! We all have families and work...etc. I stay up late and drink lot's of coffee!

I will follow-up with "VAS has a system built in where when you save your loadout, theres is something copied and I forget where in your computer for your game, like a profile of sort, so basically

you can go to another mission be it your own or someone elses and if it has Vas just choose the title in the VAS list and it should load."

..and post the results here to carry-on your legacy.

Thanks again and great work!

Thanks Gunter,

you can go to another mission be it your own or someone elses and if it has Vas just choose the title in the VAS list and it should load." [/i]

..and post the results here to carry-on your legacy.

Thanks again and great work!

I saw the saved files and they are huge...5mb, and too much script to filter the equipment used in the VAS. I just was hoping I could copy paste the script for the loadout to another file, like description.ext using respawn loadouts without a VAS.

I wonder if these files can be depbo like a pbo file for easier editing or something similar?

Why dont you ask on the VAS thread, im sure someone or the author can tell you what files, or what you can do, or how to do it, I'd help if i knew how.

In other news:

Atm and this may take a while Im uploading a video I recorded of the customizer, as requested by a subscriber on the steam workshop.

I also noted that since the release of this customizer combo the workshop has gained 9,234 subscribers! :459:

Gees had no idea that something like this was really wanted, glad folks are happy and have a more enriched game so to speak from this.

Added a video to the first post to better demonstrate how the ragdoll and VAS work, there are annotation notes in the video to point out some things as it goes along.

Hello, a bit of a problem regarding this script. I've got it all set up, no problems whatsoever it works great on MP. However, and I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not but upon dying and respawning the ability to bring up the "Character customization" option is no longer there. In other words, there is no option at all. If it's on purpose, then my apologies for a useless post. But if it's an issue that I perhaps messed up, what could be the problem? Maybe it's a problem remedied using the ammo box method too, but either way I'm still curious as to whether or not I did something wrong. I'm a novice scripter, but the fact that it works 100% and then doesn't give the option after dying and respawning is baffling me. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Hi! Just a quick question.

Can be this added without VAS?

I mean, with only the stuff you put on any Ammobox, (not all the ingame stuff). Just for an easy, quick, and nice visual AI squadmate equip...

@Chalkoutline

Sorry cant help you, have no idea, im not a scripter, best ask someone whos good at scripting how to get it to come back up,

I think the rag doll menu could be the issue, and not VAS, VAS should work no matter what.

@barbolani

Sure just get this instead--> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19376&highlight=PAPER%2BDOLL

Thanks, but it seems the equipment array comes directly from config, not from an ammobox source.... I want to limit the equipment available to what you've gathered in some missions + scavenged stuff.

I'm doing this with a setpos + action to the specific ammobox, but it's... ugly. This menu is fancy, and I'm useless creating menus in scrpt....

Dumb question for you guys, on my steam workshop page for this, I have been asked if I could update the mission for this.

this was the comment posted

The uniform changes needs an update to forceAddUniform, as of 1.22.

My question is do I just load the mission then save it and then reupload it through the workshop to enable the new changes from the latest patch?

Hey guys updated the download on the workshop, and sent Armaholic a new version.

For the workshop there is an issue, and I dont understand what the problem is but I had updated VAS to the latest version, and saved the mission to overwrite the existing file,

but when you look at the page now theres no download available, and my screenshots, and vid is gone too, I dont know what else to do, and never really used the workshop

aspect for Arma3, Im thinking its some error but again I dont know what the problem is, anyone have any ideas?