Sign in to follow this  
Gattobuono

So, where the F£$€ is my nice new aircraft?

I click on PLAY, SINGLE MISSIONS, FIXED WING AIRCRAFT, all ready to climb into the pit and kick some ass ... "we're relying on you captain" ... hop on quad bike ... drive to dispersal ... a couple of ground crew stand around trying to avoid eye contact ... ("here's the cap ... act like we haven't misplaced his brand new A164":nervous:) ...

Where the fu€k is my new toy ...... 'FAILED TO GET INTO COCKPIT' ... "what f-ing cockpit" ... 'MISSION FAILED':mad:

BI, please explain, why is there no plane at the dispersal:confused:

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

... so is it a bug or what? anyone else noticed the lack of an aircraft at the dispersal?

Edited by Gattobuono

Surpriiiiiiiiiiiiiiise !

We all prepared this very complex prank to make you believe that there'd actually be 2 new aircrafts with the 1.14 update.

Edit : no really, you should read the mission tasks more often.

The aircraft isn´t at the dispersal, continue driving down the small road towards the last hangar, or simply take a look at your map....

Thanks for the replies.

I made my usual mistake of believing that Arma might have some realistic logic behind it. Instead I have to go to dispersal, get my flight helmet, parachute, side arm etc. from a little box lying on the ground ... then go to another dispersal to find the aircraft.

How realistic is that!

... and no, I didn't read the task list, I was tired and lazy, wanted to check out the new plane, and couldn't be bothered to set up a new mission ...

Saluti da Gattobuono :-)

"and couldn't be bothered to set up a new mission ..."

You mean the hard task of opening the editor and place yourself in the plane, heck its more work starting the premade mission?

I actually had the same error. When I donned my parachute the mission failed...perhaps I took too long to work out what was supposed to be going on.

Nice aircraft though...modernised warthog : )

Flight model of the A-164 sucks...

A-10 FM in ArmA 2 was much better, they should keep it!

CONTROLS SUCKS!.

I cant use the machine gun!, is imposible to aim! damn it!. Game needs some diferent mouse sensitivities.

Mouse sensitivitie for infantry controls, and a diferent mouse sensitivitie for planes, maybe for choppers too.

"and couldn't be bothered to set up a new mission ..."

You mean the hard task of opening the editor and place yourself in the plane, heck its more work starting the premade mission?

... as it turned out, yes, you're right. But having spent too many hours messing with Alive mission making I just couldn't face opening up the editor again.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Flight model of the A-164 sucks...

A-10 FM in ArmA 2 was much better, they should keep it!

Have to agree, it's totally clumsy and arcade like, but I guess I'm spoilt with DCS world.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

CONTROLS SUCKS!.

I cant use the machine gun!, is imposible to aim! damn it!. Game needs some diferent mouse sensitivities.

Mouse sensitivitie for infantry controls, and a diferent mouse sensitivitie for planes, maybe for choppers too.

absolutely right, but hey, don't complain, they've finally got round to giving us some fixed wing aircraft ... we should be grateful, right?

The cannon is nearly useless without a CCIP gunsight. By the time you work out the appropriate added elevation to compensate for range, you're so close that you have to either pull up to avoid crashing, or you're getting shot up by ground fire. You have to practically do a vertical dive to get cannon rounds on target without a bunch of guesswork. Jets haven't used a static gunsight since probably around the Korean war.

As others have pointed out, if you want to test newly implemented units, just place them down in the editor. If you want to provide feedback to official missions, please use the respective threads or the feedbacktracker.

Closing.