Sign in to follow this  
grig

Why can't I join any MP games?

Hi,

I just (after 2+ year break) installed ARMA 2 OA again and updated it to 1.62 and than to beta 1.63. When I go to multiplayer site (from within the game) all servers either yellow or red crosses (for DayZ). I can't believe there is no one playing "normal" game anymore. I don't have any add ons or mods installed. Everything is stock as it came on the disk. What am I missing?

Thank you

1.63 beta is not compatible to stable 1.62 or official patch 1.62. Just do not use it for MP purposes.

The version shown in the bottom right corner of the MP screen says 1.62.9..something. Not sure if the beta patch even applied. Anyway, even before I tried 1.63 I was not able to join any game on the MP.

My entire screen looks like red and yellow dots (very left column) only one or two green. :mad:

You are seeing all of the DayZ servers because you do not have the expansion beta installed (it filters them out if you do not have DayZ installed and active).

You could either refine your filtering to find exactly what you are looking for, or use the latest stable beta - 1.62.0.103718 - and see what else is out there. Keep in mind that most servers will likely require mods/addons, but you can still find some vanilla Domi/Warfare/CTI servers.

I would try filtering first, then decide whether or not to use the beta.