Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Mouse controls no longer function the same in Arma 3 update 1.14.

Since update 1.14 my mouse controls dont act the same way. prior to this update, I was able to look around using the mouse and when running I was able to change directions using the mouse. Looking through the control bindings there seems to be alot on binding conflicts with the mouse controls. Aiming is restricted to about 10 degrees left of centre and 10 degrees right of centre view, where before I was able to turn at least 180 degrees, when aiming.

What I am trying to do, is return my binding to the way there were prior to these updates. This is what I am wanting to do:

1. Be able to change direction when running using the mouse. [turn left and turn right], this makes for a smoother game play.

2. Be able to aim, with a 180 degree arch. [when aiming be able to position my player to face a target within a 180 degree arc, which at present I cannot do, was able to do it in version 1.12]

these are the main control I want to set up. But cannot set it up that way.

When I delete the mouse control assigned to aim and look functions, I am able to change directions with my mouse. but loose the functionality of the aim and look functions.

Can anyone advise how to overcome this issue. I have lodge a ticket on the feedback tracker.

I hope they fix it so I can complete the Adapt compaign part.

My mouse is a Razer Naga 2012.

Thankyou for your reply, I disabled freelook and unfortunately It didnt do anything. Still having the restriction of movement with the mouse. I am wondering if its an issue with my mouse, and try another mouse, and see if that fixes the problem up. But at the moment I cant play arma 3 until I can sort out why it not working.

Not sure what you are describing really but there are 2 ways you can look around.

1) Freelook - Hold 'freelook' button to allow only head rotation with the mouse. (Move in one direction and look in another)

2) Aim Deadzone - allows the aim of weapon to move around the screen and not be locked to centre. (Currently not working properly)

You could try making a copy of your *PlayerName*.Arma3Profile (Search MyDocuments) and then deleting it before starting ARMA.

That will reset all key bindings.

(You should not create a BugTracker ticket unless you know its a game problem)

Edited by EDcase

Most likely it's not an issue with your mouse nor the game itself, if you can't sort it out via in-game settings, your *.Arma3Profile is likely corrupted as EDcase mentioned.

Hi EDcase, thankyou for your reply. You assumptions that I had a corrupt profile file, seems to be correct. I copied and deleted the file from the folder, and went back into Arma 3, and everything seemed to work the way it should. Initially I switch to my initial profile I had when I first downloaded arms during the Alpha days, and it seemed to work, fine, then I did what you suggested with my main profile, and now everything seems to work fine.

I was worried that I would have to start the campaign all over again from Survive But I am clad I do not have to do that,

Thanks for your help much appreciated.