Sign in to follow this  
Shazzy

A-164 Wiepout sound mod

Well here's a mostly finished version of the sound mod I'm doing for the A-164 Wipeout. The goal of this sound mod was not only to add the traditional A-10 engine fan sound but also keep BIS's engine sounds as well. For now though I think I did pretty well. Still going to improve on this.

There are two known bugs however. The first is if you hold down the trigger the gun sound doesn't match so for now until I fix it its best to only press the trigger once. Still get 10 rounds off anyway and still able to kill things in a strafing run. The other bug is when you shutdown the engine sometimes one of the sounds cuts out suddenly instead of fading. Other than that there are no other bugs I'm aware of.

One last thing is the new sounds are not heard at a distance like the @realsound mod or like real aircraft. The intent on this way to add a new sound to the Wipeout for those who love the A-10 engine without it being heard very far. (AKA for pilots not ground troops) However if people feel it should be heard from far away instead of the default BIS distance ill gladly update the mod to do so.

Anyway here's a video and download links for you guys to enjoy any constructive suggestions are welcome! if not Encouraged!.

Download link: http://1drv.ms/1eWxlkh

Second download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wy5r10nfzltl51v/shazer_wipeout.rar

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the weapons config was made by peral and Stiltman, and that most of the sounds are from Mark XIII's arma 2 HiFi mod for the A-164 Wipeout. If any of you three have a problem with the A-164 ill remove it immediately.

Edited by Shazer

"Warning warning" is a systems or engine related call from the bitchin betty. Not related to incomming missiles.

Some systems like the ones in RNLAF helicopters give a "Missile Missile" warning.

Otherwise the Horn warning from the F16 should be easy to come by.

On a side note. It's nonesense to have a missile warning with incomming heat seaking missiles. But thats nit your fault. ;)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Removed!

Edited by Guest

"Warning warning" is a systems or engine related call from the bitchin betty. Not related to incomming missiles.

Some systems like the ones in RNLAF helicopters give a "Missile Missile" warning.

Otherwise the Horn warning from the F16 should be easy to come by.

On a side note. It's nonesense to have a missile warning with incomming heat seaking missiles. But thats nit your fault. ;)

Im aware of that but for me at least I prefer the "warning" sound over "missile", grabs my attention more lol Again can be changed if need be.

Not a nonsense when dealing with a futuristic airplane... 4th and 5th generation fighters (and upgraded cargo planes as well) are being equiped with Missile Warning Systems, they have the classic RWR system + sensors that detects the IR of rocket engine from incoming missiles and if the plane is illuminated by a laser source -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/AAR-47_Missile_Approach_Warning_System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_Approach_Warning http://www.mbda-systems.com/products/air-dominance/spirale/18-8/

(french Spirale and SPECTRA are only 2 examples of this system)

Yes like the Amase pod aswell. Funny that is these things can't distinguish a missile from a high calliber gun round. Atleast when I was arround, up close.

RWR is neither 'all seeing' there are some major 'dead zones' atleast with the F16. ;) There is a reason that JTACs should (and will) call 'SAM launch' when it occurs.

Laser detection is indeed a long implemented feature now days.

Funny story: one of my collegues once scored a A-A kill with a laser guided hellfire (simulated ofcourse) on an italian jet. Seemed impossible but all evidence was there for a good hit.

But we are kinda derailing the thread :p

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Quick WIP update for distance heard.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Very nice sounds I like them. Just got to ask are they optimized? Just looking at the size of them =)

Also you might want to update the config file for the new flight model update =)

2 videos where to hear the 2 sounds from the ground. These big bass 2 split sounds im still missing a bit. Atm the ground hit sounds in arma3 like 5-7 pistol shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPO-WYGJV0

Here another video where you here first the impact, then the gun, then the aircraft. In Arma3 you hear the aircraft then the impact and gun at the same time.

Edited by Numrollen

Very nice sounds I like them. Just got to ask are they optimized? Just looking at the size of them =)

Also you might want to update the config file for the new flight model update =)

The Wipeout is optimized its so large due to it also having weapon configs and such along with weapon sounds and hit sounds. Config will be updated with new flight model soon.

Edited by Shazer

There is no bisign for addon in new version, only twice bikey file.

Wow Shazer, when you said you needed help with recording something for an A-164 mod I didn't know you meant this! This is great!

There is no bisign for addon in new version, only twice bikey file.

Fixed, armaholic will have it updated soon. Thanks :P

Only thing I really miss (with all jets) is heavy breathing sound when you pull a lot of G forces. The only thing they did right in BF!

Would be swell if that could be added (will probably quite hard to do)!

Can you use this mod with the jsrs 2.1, i.e. can you use them at the same time?

I use this with Speed of Sound and it works fine. To be safe, you should have this run after JSRS. For example, if you use startup parameters for enabling addons: -mod=@CBA_A3;@JSRS2.1;@A164;

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Hello,

Sounds were better before this new update :/

And now there is only full automatic fire for the gattling.