dna_uk

DirecxtX 12 for ArmA 3?

We will continue to look for optimization opportunities across the board, but it would not be realistic to expect a 'magic bullet' leap forward in Arma 3's lifetime. That also goes for a potential DirectX 12 implementation. After a lengthy initial investigation, we've concluded that this is far more complex than it may seem. It has been decided that our company will first tackle this in the new Enfusion engine, as its rendering pipeline is more compatible. Afterwards we'll still evaluate porting it back (or using the knowledge we'll have gained) for Arma 3. This does mean quite definitely that no DX12 implementation will be part of the platform update that is to accompany the Apex release.

source: https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00151

That is exactly what I expected, and no surprise at all. Do I mind? No, not really... DX12 hasn't impressed me in any other game, so why would it work in Arma, which is so limited by other stuff besides the rendering pipeline.

Lol, no. Ii goes around 30fps, without much happening on screen, with most intensive settings low/disabled, in one game. You have here the 380, 380x should be faster  - 

They are usually going for top settings, minus Hairworks. If it were to use the same variables, that 5870 would be a slideshow.

Just because your 90hp car, now 110hp that costed $50.000 10 years back, was more expensive than the $20.000, 200hp that you can buy now, doesn't mean it will be the faster. Technology moves on.

jsEQc6R.png

Look at that, R380 faster than the gtx780 and the r380x faster than the 780ti and practically equal to a gtx970. Such results, much power, very impressive, no? :wub:

Mate, those benchs over the web are nothing more than crap.

And yes, 960 is, just a 950 wih some tweaks. Serie 600/700 from Nvidia is crap only comparble to the flop with  400 series. Nvdia 500 series were beasts.

Also, do you know what AMD R series means? Rebranded.

Now, about ARMA 3.

Intel Celeron @ 3.0 Ghz, HD 5870 (stock), 4 GB DDR2 @ 800 Mhz.

https://youtu.be/_mNiCV2FIf4

Guess you guys read the latest SITREP? Small copy&paste :(

This does mean quite definitely that no DX12 implementation will be part of the platform update that is to accompany the Apex release.

Expect, hope .... call it what you want ;)

I was hopeful after the previous statements made over the last year or so.

But did I expected it? Not really.

I dunno if it's bigger news but they through DnA also definitely said not to expect any "magic bullet" for A3, period...

Again DX 12...... And we need Win 10 to run this. Damm marketing rights.

Mate, those benchs over the web are nothing more than crap.

And yes, 960 is, just a 950 wih some tweaks. Serie 600/700 from Nvidia is crap only comparble to the flop with  400 series. Nvdia 500 series were beasts.

Also, do you know what AMD R series means? Rebranded.

Now, about ARMA 3.

Intel Celeron @ 3.0 Ghz, HD 5870 (stock), 4 GB DDR2 @ 800 Mhz.

https://youtu.be/_mNiCV2FIf4

LoL, You made my day ^^.

Are you really reading on hardwaresites ? If yes, then you should try to understand what there is written ;).

The R means rebranded ? Then tell me please which card the R9 Fury, R9 Fury Nano and R9 Fury X are before they were rebranded ?

The HD5870 was nice when it was released, but do you really think it can make the same performance like the current amd and nvidia cards at the same class ?

Also my HD7970ghz is a lot faster then the HD5870 on DX9,10+11 even when not more then 1gb of V-Ram was used. 

• Like 1

Right. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx27iqVcPTE

HD 5870 on a celeron powered by DDR2.

Dont believe on what you read on the web, I had for some time the world recorld with 3DMark for DX11 with triple crossifre and performed like crap in most of games.

Real experience is what you need.

Btw, DX12 is a freakin crap marketing tool invented by Microsoft in order to take ppl under control.

That's why some games (ghosted by Microsoft) are already requiring W10 (updated) and DX12.

But for ARMA 3, since the main performance issue is related with memory, Yes, lower VRAM GPUs perform better.

that is just rediculous

let me guess, you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? 

Only that can explain this nonsense  :P

• Like 3