Sign in to follow this  
mausAU

Controlling and aiming with the A-164 and Neophon

You don't want the devs to look at BF3s HUD that is the wrong direction ideally DCS A-10Cs HUD, F-15C or Falcon 4 BMS or FSX VRS F/A-18E are the most realistic As well as a HUD how about a JHCMS or helmet mounted sight and this could be as good as a horizontal situation display so then you can see tgts and steerpoints in your helmet. If they modelled an AWACs or JSTARs you could have the location of every tgt vehicle and unit in your view with the helmet.

No they do not say "wings level" unless its to their wingman while flying formation(even then not really, they only generally say when they are turning). The correct term is "IP"(Initial Point) then "In Hot" when commencing the attack.

Yeah I was talking about how easy the HUD is to read, not what information the HUD displays. I was kind of hoping for a helme mounted display but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

As for “Wings Level†it depends on the pilot you’re talking to. When you start out with “Be advised, I AM NOT A JTAC†lots of pilots tend to talk to you on a more personal and sometimes even Barney Style level.

I have experienced two calls in which the guys flying for us said “Wings Levelâ€â€¦ Could have been the same pilot both times though, I don’t know. 2nd Platoon’s JTAC apparently caught pneumonia. I wasn’t the one talking to the pilot but we were listening in on our radio from a little ways away. I believe it went something along the lines of… “Ok. YEP I see what you’re talking about. I got wings level. Stand by….. I’ll be coming in Northeast to Southwest†Blah blah blah…. That was over 4 years ago so I don’t remember the whole conversation yet I do remember them both calling Wings Level shortly before showtime. Could just be a unit/squadron thing.

At anyrate I don't think the jargon really matters so much as long as everything works properly. It would be neat to use voice commands and call in 9 Lines to AI pilots on a JTAC level using proper terminology but I kind of doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

The wings level may have been directed at his wing man to let him know that he is no longer circling. It is kind of unusual to me because I can think of no reason to tell a JTAC what my wings are doing unless they fell off(oh no my wings fell off, can you dudes pick me up) lol. (you maybe right it may have been a unit thing as well)

At anyrate I don't think the jargon really matters so much as long as everything works properly. It would be neat to use voice commands and call in 9 Lines to AI pilots on a JTAC level using proper terminology but I kind of doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

From my experience with Arma over the years I would not be surprised if someone added AI JTACs and 9 liners to missions for AI and also in mp. In DCS we already have JTAC AI and the way they work is quite realistic as seen in the video(maybe not as realistic though as Barney style). From what I've seen of the capabilities of Arma JHCMS helmet displays are a possibility because we already sort of have that on the screen when using trakir all that's needed is the other stuff placed on the display. What would be good is to also have some of the features such as markpoints, waypoints, an HSD, some decent HUD modes in order to make the aircraft operate realistically and make it lethal not laughable to those on the ground.:yay:

From my RL experience it's quiet standard for the JTAC to say "Report when wings level with final attack heading". This call comes after the talk-on on target when he pointed out what the target is and you confirmed you are setting up your attack.

They just want to be sure you are attacking in a straight line and your attack heading is not changing anymore. Especially in Type 2 controls where the JTAC doesn't see the aircraft he wants this reassurance to eliminate possible fraticite.

HMCS would be great and I think very easy to make with arma.

The wings level may have been directed at his wing man to let him know that he is no longer circling. It is kind of unusual to me because I can think of no reason to tell a JTAC what my wings are doing unless they fell off(oh no my wings fell off, can you dudes pick me up) lol.:
From my RL experience it's quiet standard for the JTAC to say "Report when wings level with final attack heading". This call comes after the talk-on on target when he pointed out what the target is and you confirmed you are setting up your attack.

Yep that's what I mean... I didn't go to JTAC school but now that I think back, during our CAS Courses before work up I'm pretty sure the term used was "Wings Level" Basically it's saying, "OK I see the target, you can stop describing it to me now. I'm setting up for my run, listen for and double check my heading."

Like I said if you're not an actual JTAC you don't have to know all the fancy attack controller lingo.

Google says:

(U) WINGS LEVEL -- An informative call from aircraft to FAC reporting rolled-out on final attack heading.

That's interesting now if that were added to AI it could be more detailed, from my own experiences doing CAS in MP you could add such radio calls but not all of my ingresses are straight in attacks. eg with a popup attack the final attack heading is not until the last couple of seconds. In Falcon 4 Allied Forces you have an automatic radio call from the player eg Fox1/2/3, Bruiser, Rifle etc Perhaps in Arma3 something similar could be done so when the player is on the attack heading it automatically gives wings level call at the right vector and distance.

How would the game know when you are on the attack heading and intending to employ weapons?

It could be when you cross the IP[initial point](which in MP is what I call instead of wings level, "IP, Running in") and are on the attack heading.

You could make it an addon, using various unused keybinds. Like the seagul movement.

Here is some basic Flying, Shooting, and Gun strafe gameplay with the To-199. I may not be that great with cannon in this one, because i was actually tired as hell. This was like 12 at night. Lol

On 4/22/2017 at 7:56 AM, alif.alemran said:

How do I add more falchion-22 in A-164 cas using arma3 editor? Can anyone tell me the code please?

Not sure what you mean here; now in the aircraft you right-click them and select Attributes, then go to the Object - Pylon settings portion of the resulting window.