Sign in to follow this  
fons

Any script for increasing the damage of explosives?

Anyone know if there is any script to increase de damage of explosives? I am looking for a script to increase the damage of the blast, focusing on 40mm and frags. Thanks in advance!

I think they need to do some work overall on explosives to be honest. One RPG-42 rocket can take down a building that it takes 4-5 explosive charges...kinda silly.

they recently broke explosives. All of my coop missions Ive made, I have had to change any objective involving the destruction of a structure. lots of buildings are now indestructible. like power line poles. I submitted a feedback bug report to bohemia.

ill link it later, hopefully you guys will go comment on it and vote it up so they will look into it.

Do a search for "poor man's getHit". This has been brought up many times, and I've personally explained it a few times.

Screw it, I'm too nice. Here you are. You'll just take it in the other direction. So instead of dividing the damage, you'll multiply it. Play with this, specifically determine what _projectile is, and you'll find that explosions are projectiles. Specifically, read this post of mine.

;2648878']Do a search for "poor man's getHit". This has been brought up many times' date=' and I've personally explained it a few times.

Screw it, I'm too nice. Here you are. You'll just take it in the other direction. So instead of dividing the damage, you'll multiply it. Play with this, specifically determine what _projectile is, and you'll find that explosions are projectiles. Specifically, read this post of mine.

Sounds good! I will give it a try and post later , thanks !

About you guys talking about the damage of the explosives to buildings ,yes they need to be tweaked but thats not the OP... Anyway thanks for all the answers.

BTW. If anyone has more info about any script that let increase the damage radius of a 40mm/ frag just let me know.

TAG_handleDamage = {
       _veh = _this select 0;
       _damage = _this select 2;
       _ammo = _this select 4;        

if (_ammo == "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo") then {

//--- Increase damage
               _damage = _damage * 3; 

} else {
           _damage = _damage;
       };
       _damage
   };

I saw this somewhere, don't remember where. Tried it out but didn't do what I wanted. I tried * 6, but that didn't do much. What's wrong with the code?

instead of _damage = _damage * 3;, try just 1;

Also make sure you're using the smaller demo charge because that's what the eventhandler is checking for.

I tried to use 1, tried 3, even tried to change from DemoCharge to SatchelCharge and use Satchel instead since it's more powerful than a c4, but it has no effect.

The structure I'm currently trying to destroy is a comms tower at the main Stratis airfield. there's one at Kamino Firing Range as well I need destroyed. Players have complained that 1 satchel wont even down those towers, when before the recent updates it only took 2 c4 to take those down. Now I have to resort to using missile strikes from that launchmissile.sqf that one guy created. It sucks because 1 satchel charge should have no problem taking down 1 small comms tower. I"m so pissed off at Bohemia for nerfing explosives.

It takes me 1 satchel and 3 c4 to drop one of those comms towers. That's just ridiculous.

How could I just alter the hit = on the explosives? Like the hit = of the "Bo_Air_LGB" is 1400, "Bo_Mk82" has a hit of 5000, while "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" has a hit of only hit = 200, and Satchels have a hit of only 500. How can I just switch satchels so they use the equivalent of like an LGB or Mk82 like IED's how you can choose what munition to use as explosive.

lol I just tried 1 satchel, 2 democharges and followed by 1 minigrenade. the minigrenade finished it off.

Edited by RTEK

Not a full conclusion but what if you placed your own towers?

Invisible helipad with

tower1= "Land_TTowerBig_2_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; tower1 addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {((_this select 2)/0.1)}];

Now even just 1 small explosive charge will bring it down.

That's a good idea, except that the original will still be there.

That's a good idea, except that the original will still be there.

^ Hence why I made it a different looking tower, so it's the only one of it's kind and there wouldn't be another one left.

If you really want to have it looking the same as the tower already on the map and in the same position then place a gamelogic with

(getPos this nearestObject 29623) setDamage 1; (getPos this nearestObject 29570) setDamage 1; (getPos this nearestObject 29571) setDamage 1; (getPos this nearestObject 29572) setDamage 1; (getPos this nearestObject 29573) setDamage 1;

^ That will work on the firing range comms tower. For the other one you'll have to replace the ID's. Also there may be a better way to write it but I'm not a scripter.

Then place an invisible helipad as mentioned before and position it in the same position as the original tower on the map and put this in

tower1= "Land_Communication_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; tower1 addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {((_this select 2)/0.1)}];