Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

Boeing C-17 ArmA 3 Mod

Great. Sounds good! If any other aircraft are "HALO" capable, let me know. Will add to the list. Hell yeah!

Perhaps this helps you with your new version on USAF version.

we had a mission on weekend and startet directly in your plane:

arma32014-10-0415-39-gbiqp.jpg

arma32014-10-0415-40-qsfbm.jpg

arma32014-10-0415-44-jvf3e.jpg

@randomslap

in a future update, could you add the reflective strips? They are on the paintwork now but to have them light up at night?

BxT1KQLCEAED3kg.jpg:large

Cool mod but I noticed some strange stuff:

# Perhaps I have missed something but it seems not to be possible to enter cockpit in an "empty" plane. I have only entered the cockpit when spawning into it.

# The player fall out of closes side doors.

# Perhaps I have missed something but it seems not to be possible to enter cockpit in an "empty" plane. I have only entered the cockpit when spawning into it.

It is possible to get in the cockpit but you have to be in a very specific position and location.

Most of these problems will be fixed when I release the new update on the USAF mod. Please be patient.

So the link to the C-17 is now taken down to prepare for the upcoming update on the USAF MOD. The only place to obtain the C-17 right now is Armaholic or PwS, but those links will be taken down when the update is available on the USAF Mod thread.

So the link to the C-17 is now taken down to prepare for the upcoming update on the USAF MOD. The only place to obtain the C-17 right now is Armaholic or PwS, but those links will be taken down when the update is available on the USAF Mod thread.

In a way, thats great news :D

:) Hi,

Those who want to open the rear ramp of boeing simply fill in the init a trigger or waypoint the following code:

Name Boeing C-17 animate ["back_ramp",1];

For example :

AV_1 animate ["back_ramp",1];

or

Using file .sqf :

_globemaster_c17 animate ["back_ramp",1];

To close ramp just replace 1 by 0

You can open other doors (I have not tested it up to you)

Name Boeing C-17 animate ["back_ramp_st",1];
Name Boeing C-17 animate ["back_ramp_p",1];
Name Boeing C-17 animate ["back_ramp_p_2",1];
Name Boeing C-17 animate ["back_ramp_door_main",1];

Hoping to have you bring aid, soon ;)

Right Edition

Hey i think its a mistake to limit this mod only to usaf speaking on behalf of a British unit we use the raf variant without this mod are para drops will be limited to helicopter para runs which just aren't as tactically effective.

Anyway the real reason i came here is to ask for some help atm when we para drop are vehicles we cant load are jeeps/jackals the trucks wheels are damage on landing and armour glitches into the ground then springs up damaging them any help would be greatly appreciated as we are a para regiment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19345 - Trucks and armour i was talking about

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27203 - Jackals

With update 1.38 main doors and cockpit is missing from third person view what's going on ?

I will look into that. I haven't tested the C17 in 1.38 yet.

thank you for reply :D

With update 1.38 main doors and cockpit is missing from third person view what's going on ?

So i just tested the C17 in 1.38 and I found nothing wrong with it. Were you playing on a multiplayer server or just singleplayer?

Well i play in Singleplayer and this is my nightmare maybe something caused this from other addons http://i.imgur.com/is8k4JP.jpg?1 (103 kB) E5hNdUA.jpg?1

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Well i am so sorry randomslap i have turn off all 225 addons from my arma and check the C17 alone without other addons and everything is prefect !!! :D

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 ----------

I don't know how but British Ridgback PPV by cleggy (@BLX) is causing that on my C17 but it's FIXED

Edited by SRBKnight

Yes i know i am hardcore armaholic ! :D

Thank you for letting me know what was causing the issue. I will look into this issue and hopefully I will be able to make this mod compatible with the PPV mod.

Hey randomslap,

first of all thanks for this awesome mod. We still use it a lot in our group.

As far as I understood the C17 is going to be a part of the USAF Mod in the future. Is there an approximate time frame when this will happen? :)

Since we playing only in first person, it would be nice for the pilot to have sort of an indicator when the cargo is detached. Like a countdown which counts the last 5 seconds till its detached or just a shot message - something like that.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Edit: Is it also possible with an init command to spawn the C-17 with an open cargo door?

Edited by Owesome
Added a question

I send you link on my team PWS. If i spawn c-17 in editor everything is good. But i create local server or normal server join mission and spawn c-17 through mcc is every is good. But if i delete on local server arma drop and windows write process has stopped working.

Maybe I can help explain this issue: Using the MCC sandbox addon you can spawn a Globemaster and use it, however on occasion it seems to cause the Arma client to crash when attempting to delete the plane using MCC. Sometimes it appears to also crash other players connected as well. I have yet to do more testing to provide more exact scenarios or whether it crashes every time or not.

Hope that helps

-Dustin

if you have your doors of the plane closed it will take that much time for the doors to open and than cargo is ejected :) that is one thing i noticed, because most of us have their doors already opened when u click to drop cargo it is waiting for doors to open :)

if you have your doors of the plane closed it will take that much time for the doors to open and than cargo is ejected :) that is one thing i noticed, because most of us have their doors already opened when u click to drop cargo it is waiting for doors to open :)

That explains a lot! Thanks!

This mod looks real good, can I suggest adding a service menu so instead of having many variants of the same aircraft in the editor you could simply have 1 aircraft but you could choose what skin it uses in game.

I think it could be something done over the long term but it would make things easier to manage for everybody once it is in place

Will there be an an update of the inside?

But very nice Mod !!! Keep up the good work :)