Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

Breaking BIS autor wrights???

Hello,so today i was watching some vids on you tube and get arount this game "SpinTires" and game is greenlit on steam and game have dev branch in witch you can add any vehicle you want to it..so i wanted to tested some and get around this few

http://spintires.nl/st13-oskosh-hunter/

http://spintires.nl/st13-gaz-3937/

http://spintires.nl/st13-gaz-3937/

these all have something incomon Bondarchuck same autor,and there is lot of other so youst wanted to BIS see this to check is anyone using their models in some other games etc.

Well, at least he´s not charging any money for that but he definately should have asked for permission. Maybe someone can contact him and tell him that he is in for a nasty surprise if he doesn´t take it down?

all the models i showed that were a2 assets on many 3d sites are still there 2 years later after reporting them to bis so don't think there that worried

Devs are usually not too worried about assets being used non-commercially... look at Garry's Mod. You can find models for basically anything in there.

Dang, vehicles that can dig into mud...that'd be great for Arma!

I've seen tech demoes of that "simulator" before and it looks absolutely stunning. It's the only one of its sort.

So BIS has the MODEL but the other guys have the better physics engine. WHAT if ARMA3 has that effect?

People would complain that MP got even worse.

So BIS has the MODEL but the other guys have the better physics engine. WHAT if ARMA3 has that effect?

Not feasible at all, not in Arma's scale and definitely not in MP

Let's not forget that he also had to debinarize a model somehow, which is also an illegal thing without asking for permission.

Not feasible at all, not in Arma's scale and definitely not in MP

Never say never though. Scale doesn't have to affect performance at all if a game is well optimized. Car tracks across the ENTIRE island don't have to be rendered when you're not even close to them, for example you know.

Never say never though. Scale doesn't have to affect performance at all if a game is well optimized. Car tracks across the ENTIRE island don't have to be rendered when you're not even close to them, for example you know.

I thought msy meant the deforming terrain part in Spintires, car tracks are a whole different story of course, and somewhat in the game already.

If memory serves me right, Carrier Command has quite nice tracks forming in sandy areas of the maps, I'd like them in Arma too.

while we are discusing other thing here i would say i love spin tires :) and i like how mud is done and it is pretty cool mybe BIS could do that on some places like where are ponts swamps etc. not the whole island mybe few dirt roads that would be awesomee :D

while we are discusing other thing here i would say i love spin tires :) and i like how mud is done and it is pretty cool mybe BIS could do that on some places like where are ponts swamps etc. not the whole island mybe few dirt roads that would be awesomee :D

lol.

(would be f#°&in cool, indeed)

looks nice and you can feel the weight of the vehicle :) nice details, already like the tires interact with the underground.

Let's not forget that he also had to debinarize a model somehow, which is also an illegal thing without asking for permission.

sure ? i think no . its mod not a commercial ! look the many ports in arma from other games, aircraft's for example ;)

Edited by JgBtl292

Hello DevilDogCro, we appreciate your discovery! Please forward the necessary details to Kateřina Skalická through her e-mail adress: skalicka[at]bistudio.com. She will evaluate the situation.

Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

sure ? i think no . its mod not a commercial ! look the many ports in arma from other games, aircraft's for example ;)

No, that's absolutely not how it works. The Arma 3 models are provided only in binarized form and any modification or transfering into other games would require prohibited debinarization.

Additionally, we do not allow any content to be brought into Arma 3 without full permissions given and you won't find any of that here.

Edited by PurePassion

maybe we understand us - at gives more then 20 user addons in ARMA II - islands to ! with ported models from other games !