Sign in to follow this  
Fixxerdot

New content, how do i start it?

Hey! Thanks for the new content!:) However, how do you start it and how do i control the human laying on the ground in the scenario?

Hi Fixxerdot, yeah that was a bug. The entire update had several issues, however they've been fixed now, and a new build was released about an hour ago. Once it updates, the scenarios should be fine.

Hi Fixxerdot, yeah that was a bug. The entire update had several issues, however they've been fixed now, and a new build was released about an hour ago. Once it updates, the scenarios should be fine.

Cool! Thanks Dram, it was very interesting testing it !:)

Cheers! I hope you like further updates to it :)

I like what I've seen so far. I look forward to what you have store in the next few months. :)

For the Marstronaut, maybe something to add in later on would be radiation? Mars has a bit of it hitting its surface which would prevent a human from being outside long on the surface, even with a good space suit on.

Edited by EleSigma

Yes radiation is planned as well. A Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) from the sun is potentially lethal on the surface of Mars due to no magnetic field, so this will play some part in the game as well. We're making the habitats, the landing module, and the large manned vehicle shielded from this though, to give the player a place to run for cover. Feedback will shape this of course.

Yes radiation is planned as well. A Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) from the sun is potentially lethal on the surface of Mars due to no magnetic field, so this will play some part in the game as well. We're making the habitats, the landing module, and the large manned vehicle shielded from this though, to give the player a place to run for cover. Feedback will shape this of course.

Good to hear. :)

Though I find it hard to give much feedback and suggestions at this point, as a fan I have no idea where this game is going anymore to be honest. If you had asked me when I first bought this back on August 2nd I would have said that I think the game's goal was to become a Mars rover simulator allowing you to explore Mars with a progressing technology from the 1970's to 2013-ish with the added twist of being able to customize your Mars craft. Then 0G probes with Deimos was added, then an Asteroid, and now manned colonization. I have no idea what will come next and what is finished or not, Phobos? our moon? Ceres? Vesta? Space Station construction? Are the unrealistic elements like the landers/rovers only using power for movement and robotic appendages, no time delay and unlimited 0G probe fuel intentional to make things a little easier? Or will the game bring those areas up to par with the other more realistically simulated parts of the game?

It's hard to give good suggestions and feedback when I can't grasp on what the long term vision for the game is. But I do know whatever it is, it will be great. :)

Edited by EleSigma

Don't worry, the power consumption and so on will still be added. Right now we are concentrating on the manned mission to get that up to par with what is in the game now. The manned mission presents the end to the Take On Mars Space Program, covering the entire exploration of Mars.