Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

- The sniper/thunder sequence. Are there actual consequences to shooting out of sync with the thunder? Or is it purely for effect? Either way the result is excellent, but just curious if you have more aggressive responses or otherwise if the player doesn't sync the shot.

- In mission 1, the Mestori spec ops team insertion and interception. I played the mission a few times, and noticed the team essentially appears very much in your way. Do you teleport the team at predefined positions depending on what route the player takes? Or they just move organically based on your last known position? On my second playthrough they appeared among the cliffs on the northern side. Was quite a dramatic moment and made for a good CQ firefight.

- I noticed at least one instance that you fail the mission when the player leaves the mission area. Is this generally to keep players from getting lost or misguided? Or because they could actually break the mission? For example, in "Options None" I was out of rockets, and wanted to loot some from that hilltop AT soldier I had shot, but was not able due to perimeter restrictions.

Hi mate! Thanks for your post :D

Indeed - if you don't sync the shot... lol, well - you should try it - you'll see flares go off, hear an alarm, and well - you'll fail the mission, because the Goblin will dodge the shot, every time!

Mastori's spec-ops move to your current position, which gets updated every minute or so.

Yeah, the AO restrictions in Options None are a little tight, but that's because if you move over the hill, the player will have a clear LOS to the CSAT spec-ops, which are spawned via script. It's there to prevent immersion breaking encounters really; where you'll suddenly see the enemy appearing out of thin air :P It's a bit annoying, and neither solution is a perfect one.

Hope that sheds some light on things!

thank you for the post :) but is the undestroyable tank part of the bug?

thank you for the post :) but is the undestroyable tank part of the bug?

Yeah, it is indeed! The simulation is remaining disabled, despite a script enabling it!

Yeah, it is indeed! The simulation is remaining disabled, despite a script enabling it!

i restarted the mission and it worked now, i did get overwhelmed lol. But managed to finish the campaign, Good job! ;)

i restarted the mission and it worked now, i did get overwhelmed lol. But managed to finish the campaign, Good job! ;)

Well done, mate! It's weird, that tank AI bug though! I'll have to see if I can work out what's doing it :P Thanks for subscribing!

So i have ran into a bug, if you want to call it that, when i get a task, its name is weird, like it dosent have a name like "Defend This area" or something like that, instead its like STR_AT_Task01 and so forth, and sometimes in the briefing tab on the map screen, says i need a @STR_Briefing file or whatever it was called again, its kinda annoying, since its hard to know what am suppose to do when i the only thing i get is the above, anyone else got this bug? or is it something with the mods i use?

And before you ask, well what mods are you using, i shall list them below:

- RHS Mods (AFRF, USAF, GREF)

- JSRS

- Blastcore

- CBA

- Unlocked Uniforms

- MCC (Just to change the weapons, since i dont really like the vanilla weapons)

- TPW Mods

- YQ Mod (Single player cheat mod - I hate the AI so i need to have some kind of revive system, since they tend to have fucked up Accuracy)

Last is the required one, which is Resist.

Hi

I have just started playing Resist for the first time, and at the very beginning of the first mission (when the four soldiers are beside the broken vehicle talking), I cannot move or do anything!

Also the screen has the top and bottom sections blacked out (so that I don't see most of the text when I invoke the command menu for example.

I've 'waited' for 10 minutes and nothing happens... the only thing I can do is abort or restart the mission.

Could is be some scripting on the first mission is broken because of ARMA updates?  (I have the latest 1.6 version with no other mods installed)

Thanks! :)

Hi

I have just started playing Resist for the first time, and at the very beginning of the first mission (when the four soldiers are beside the broken vehicle talking), I cannot move or do anything!

Also the screen has the top and bottom sections blacked out (so that I don't see most of the text when I invoke the command menu for example.

I've 'waited' for 10 minutes and nothing happens... the only thing I can do is abort or restart the mission.

Could is be some scripting on the first mission is broken because of ARMA updates?  (I have the latest 1.6 version with no other mods installed)

Hi

Hi mate,

Yeah, it's a bug with the new update - could you do me a massive favour and check something for me? :) To your right, at the mission start, can you see a plume of smoke? Seems the truck is exploding randomly at mission start. Trying to isolate the problem and roll out a fix :P

Hi Kydoimos,

I restarted the missions a half-dozen times and most times I noticed a plume of smoke to my 5 o'clock about 150 meters away (in the trees on the adjacent hill).

Perhaps it got attacked by a bear and died? :)

Hello there Kydoimos! I got one question though, Today I took a look at your campaign at the last minute b4 sleeping (got addicted to some zombie mods ;_;)

At the beginning I saw a soldier sitting by the rock, holding a Franta juice. How is that possible? Did you create your own animation and used it somehow? Or is it in the game itself?

Have a nice day!

@All - Hi guys, just to let you all know, I plan to iron out the kinks in Resist next month and get it all ready for the Apex update (UI, spotlight video, etc.). I haven't forgotten you poor souls who've been stuck since the last update; I'll get there!

@Velocity-Overdrive - Hi mate! Yup, that's a custom animation I threw in there; it's not MOCAP, and it was an early attempt, but I guess it does the job; the Franta was simply attached to the units hand with the attachTo command :P In fact, there are a few custom animations in Resist; some were done by me, some by Bad Benson and one by Stepan Spellding.

@All - Hi guys, just to let you all know, I plan to iron out the kinks in Resist next month and get it all ready for the Apex update (UI, spotlight video, etc.). I haven't forgotten you poor souls who've been stuck since the last update; I'll get there!

@Velocity-Overdrive - Hi mate! Yup, that's a custom animation I threw in there; it's not MOCAP, and it was an early attempt, but I guess it does the job; the Franta was simply attached to the units hand with the attachTo command :P In fact, there are a few custom animations in Resist; some were done by me, some by Bad Benson and one by Stepan Spellding.

Thanks for the quick answer Kydomios! Hope I could learn to do some animations soon :D

G'day!

Just played the campaign for the first time and I gotta say ... OMG!!!!

What an amazing job you have done kydoimos ... It feels just like a DLC from the game per se. The  attention to detail as well as the story is just jaw droping! Congratulatons and thank you for making this available to us

Cheers

• Like 2

Just finished "Options None" and honestly, it was a pain. Could feel a definitive fps hit, and also the tanks are taking a lot heat... and I got constantly fired upon from invisible enemies (sitting in bushes far, far away where I couldn't even see them without scope). Also the two AAF tanks were semi-covering each other and the roads, so I had trouble getting around (to get back, grabbing some explosives). At some point I even wondered if I am supposed to destroy them / if they are set to allowDamage false. Well, then shortly after I've finally managed to disable one of the tanks with a charge... luckily I was able to get into the gunner position, so I could then use the infrared to see the soldiers in the background. Fucked them up, then fucked up the other tank who apparently couldn't see me / shoot at me (thanks god).

After that it got a lot easier, even though I still had to reload quite often to take out the next two tanks. (the rocket sometimes simply missed, and as I had two tanks with only two rockets, reload was obvious). Anyway... happy to get through it finally.

Heh, but now the next problem... the mission after is set in the dark, there is no nvg and everything is pitch black. :> Don't know if I can get myself through that.

@lexx - hi mate! Yes, ​Resist  needs some work! I've been very busy lately, working on something which will be revealed soon, but I will certainly give it the TLC it needs :D The fact that the missions work at all is surprising - I haven't had a chance to do a proper run-through since the last update! But thanks for the feedback - be sure to note out any bugs or problems, as well as gameplay elements that need looking at :) I'll get there!

The first obvious bug is a missing icon when switching into map-mode. This is due to the asset position change when BIS merged the campaign chapters into one. All assets are now found in EPA instead of EPB, etc. Oh, and that one boss dude in the town center in Options None doesn't have animations. This was already the case when I tried the mission a few months ago- He just stands there and moves his lips, nothing else.

I think I found a bug (though it's most likely the fault of playing on devbranch...). It seems that in "Approaching Thunder", at the start, the only vehicle I that appears is a Mora (first time I played there was one Strider as well). Not using any other mods (well, I've got the ADR-97 pack loaded). This is likely caused by the new AI driving system. On the same mission, I get an error:

"Cannot load texture

a3\missions_f_epb\data\img\orbat\fia_marker_ca.paa."

I'm not sure if it's related to the dev branch or not. If you could fix it, it'd be great. If not, I'll switch to stable, but I don't like doing that because it always results in a multi-GB download (and I do a lot of testing, so most of the time I'm on dev).

EDIT: The Strider showed up again, but again, just one. It doesn't look like there's anyone else coming and the mission isn't progressing after I blew them up.

@lexx / @dragon01 - thanks chaps! :P Yup, been a lot of changes, which means a lot of fixes! Giving it my full attention now, updates inbound - soonish!

Looking forward to it. :) The campaign so far is really a top-notch experience. Really professional work, the only sign that it wasn't done by BI are some story details that don't really fit into what was revealed in Win. Really looking forward to the patch.

Hi all, just published an update which I tentatively hope will fix some outstanding issues. Seems there is a bug that occurs when you convert 2D editor files to the 3D editor; when you activate simulation on an object via script, that object will then be destroyed - thus, mission-dependent vehicles were not arriving and certain tasks were impossible to complete. My workaround has been to disable damage and then re-enable it later on during the mission. I haven't had a chance to delve into missions four and five yet, but I will look at them if they need serious fixes :D As far as I'm aware, they are running correctly - though do let me know if you discover otherwise!  

I have just trough all 5 missions and there was no problem at all

For some reason I can't save after disembarking from the truck (3rd mission). The vehicles now appear properly, though.

Is the version over on moddb up to date? Says 20 dec.