Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

I like how characters reacts on environment and overall attention to detail (links to original A3 campaign, abundance of props on levels etc). Great job!

Only one fix is neccessary - looks like enemy's accuracy is untunable in game settings. Even with 0.05-0.1 accuracy they hit you to death (one shot in 90% cases) with 1-2 shots, it is very annoying.

And after finsihing this campaign i have only one question - when new missions will be released? :ph34r:

I like how characters reacts on environment and overall attention to detail (links to original A3 campaign, abundance of props on levels etc). Great job!

Only one fix is neccessary - looks like enemy's accuracy is untunable in game settings. Even with 0.05-0.1 accuracy they hit you to death (one shot in 90% cases) with 1-2 shots, it is very annoying.

And after finsihing this campaign i have only one question - when new missions will be released? :ph34r:

Thanks for the feedback, matey! Strange about the AI accuracy - I haven't really fiddled with that too much :P Regarding your question - new missions, ah, yes! Well, here's the plan:

• Finish a few outstanding tasks on Resist - namely, overhauling the sewer scene (which will hopefully be a little mod in its own right, when it's done)
  • CTRG standalone scenario - Subtle Acquisition
  • Short CSAT campaign

Now, the above projects are not exactly set in stone, and a lot will depend on where I end up in 2016. I have a lot of ideas and a lot of things I want to try and achieve - so please, please, don't quote me on any of my intentions :) I do have a story arc for what occurs after Resist - and I'd simply love to do more - but I can't confirm when we'll see a continuation. Rest assured, I love this community and I've got a lot of energy and passion still to give; in other words, I'll be staying extremely busy!

• Like 6

Thank you for the anwser! Direct conversation with creator is important :D

Regarding your question - new missions, ah, yes! Well, here's the plan:

• Finish a few outstanding tasks on Resist - namely, overhauling the sewer scene (which will hopefully be a little mod in its own right, when it's done)
  • CTRG standalone scenario - Subtle Acquisition
  • Short CSAT campaign

So, there are no direct continuation of Coleridge story?

Hey Kyd,

just played through the first 4 missions - the impressions are great, as always.

But I feel like 4th mission should receive an overhaul - the overall AAF attack on the city seems way too chaotic, there's no response from the defenders (whether they died or suffered high casualties), they're basically useless, etc.

What if they've stole some static defenses to repel the tanks? There needs to be more options. Also, storing all the ammo supplies in the middle of town isn't the best of ideas.

The 2nd wave (CSAT's) is also a mess - you get the Titan launcher, only two rockets, I managed to destroy 1 Varsuk only, with no ammo left for the 2nd one.

I remember OFP had spec-ops missions in which you were tasked to neutralize enemy supplies or hidden bases, so enemy forces in the upcoming missions become weaker (less tanks, no air support, etc.).

This was a neat idea with good execution. 

Hope I don't come as offensive or something - just sharing my thoughts and ideas :) Hope you continue workin' on this great project. Love the attention to detail!

BTW - how about making a system that counts collectibles gathered throughout the campaign (displays ' x out of y' on every collectible got)? It motivates the player, trust me! (So I found the BIS' cap at the gas station and wondered if there's more!) :D

So, there are no direct continuation of Coleridge story?

Not for the moment :) Just need to build my stamina for that challenge!

But I feel like 4th mission should receive an overhaul - the overall AAF attack on the city seems way too chaotic, there's no response from the defenders (whether they died or suffered high casualties), they're basically useless, etc.

Hiya matey! Yeah, I agree - I could certainly add more rockets, and several caches away from the centre of the town? Basically, anything that doesn't require additional voice actor work or more translation is doable! Feel free to write me a little wish list - for example - +4 Titain rockets at the chapel / extra cache at such and such a building / static weapon here, static weapon there. I could remove some of the FIA troops and replace them with some static weapons, to make them more effective?

I remember OFP had spec-ops missions in which you were tasked to neutralize enemy supplies or hidden bases, so enemy forces in the upcoming missions become weaker (less tanks, no air support, etc.).

I really like this idea! When I started Resist, such a ploy would have been outside of my scripting skills - but now I feel quite capable of adding this sort of feature. Of course, it's a bit late for Resist, but certainly, with a future campaign, I would introduce the idea where 'actions have consequences'.

BTW - how about making a system that counts collectibles gathered throughout the campaign (displays ' x out of y' on every collectible got)? It motivates the player, trust me! (So I found the BIS' cap at the gas station and wondered if there's more!)

Awesome! Lol, you found the cap, then? Yeah - I'm up for this, I've even started work on some UI. Just need to work out how I'd script it :P

I'm always open to ideas and constructive feedback! They're warmly welcomed!

Hey there, I'd like to make a quick question regarding the last mission, I'm stuck there lol, after sneaking into the ottoman ruins, you're tasked to find "your assets", I've searched land and sea and I still have no hind where the stuff is, even disabled the grass to scan every inch of terrain, what am I doing wrong? finding a supply crate shouldn't be that hard lol.

Other than that, great job, I'm really enjoying it!

Hey there, I'd like to make a quick question regarding the last mission, I'm stuck there lol, after sneaking into the ottoman ruins, you're tasked to find "your assets", I've searched land and sea and I still have no hind where the stuff is, even disabled the grass to scan every inch of terrain, what am I doing wrong? finding a supply crate shouldn't be that hard lol.

Just played it, the "assets" are very near the castle tower, just have to look a little closer. You didn't check behind every wall ;)

@kydoimos Man... I was blown away by the quality of these missions. Absolutely awesome.

The excellent use of terrain and the little details make this truly great.

I also experienced the bug in "Options None" with the last enemy tank not attacking... I wandered around wondering what was going on for a while then noticed him in the distance sitting there, with a couple soldiers nearby. Just took him out long range with a titan and the mission ended. The IED's were incredible and worked perfectly.

I wish there was a way to selectively detonate which explosives I place. Not as effective to have to set off all 14 or so at once. Would be really cool if there was a scripting way around this. "Touch off explosives NE road", "Touch off explosives North field" or something. I just concentrated it all on/around the North east road, since that seemed like the best bet, and ended up using 14 explosives on one tank. lol. I'd love to put claymores in the field and trigger those separately

Anyways, will definitely be playing this some more. These are just plain fun

Trying to get through first mission. Gotta say, pretty brutal. I can stay alive long enough to shoot, retreat, shoot. But then the evac leaves without you. When I push, the AI accuracy makes heavy save/load a must. Most of my deaths have ended in a hail of enemy grenades.

Still haven't been able to finish it. Gonna take a break and try it a bit later.

Sorry for the complaint. I'm still very eager to get through it since there is an obvious high level of work and detail in this. I'm sure I'll get it done with some rest

@All - hiya guys!

Hope you've found it now - it could be in one of 3 places :)

@kydoimos Man... I was blown away by the quality of these missions. Absolutely awesome.

Thanks so much for saying, matey! It's been a long slog, and I'm so glad others have enjoyed the experience too :)

The bug on Options None might be related to an issue currently fixed on Dev Build - it was relating to 'AI not attacking' - a problem that seems to resemble the one at hand! Fingers crossed!

Trying to get through first mission. Gotta say, pretty brutal. I can stay alive long enough to shoot, retreat, shoot. But then the evac leaves without you. When I push, the AI accuracy makes heavy save/load a must. Most of my deaths have ended in a hail of enemy grenades.

One lesson that I've taken from Resist, is the difficulty of the missions. I aim, with my future projects, to lessen the challenge somewhat! It is doable, but man - yeah, some missions are very difficult! My advice for Road's End:

get the weapons from the locked cabinet at Kill Farm - with that heavy machinegun, you can actually shoot the helicopter down before it lands!

One lesson that I've taken from Resist, is the difficulty of the missions. I aim, with my future projects, to lessen the challenge somewhat! It is doable, but man - yeah, some missions are very difficult!

Thanks for the advice! But I have already finished it. In the end it took the right combination of shoot and sprint. I do think it required too much save load/learning the position of enemies before it could be completed, but I understand the mission maker's challenge. If you don't throw enough bad guys at the player, the mission can be just a boring walk.

Since then I've gotten to mission 4 or 5. And I found the difficulty a lot more streamlined. I was of course killed a few times, but all in all it felt fair and exciting. Really a great campaign. The Make Arma Not War prize was well deserved. Will finish it soon.

I think it's ok if enemies stop to one-shot you. Especially in the first mission it becomes very obvious- if the enemy has clear sight on you and you don't open fire the same second, taking them out, then they will own you.

PS: The mission with the drone "doesn't work". I tried really hard to make the drone attack the convoy, but it just doesn't happen. In the end I've waited till the first car gets to the bridge, then exploded it, then took down the rest with the rocket launcher. Oh, and with this mission I've remembered that AI still reacts on red dots. Kinda funny when you point the red dot at the cars and they try to avoid it with going off the road, etc.

So, I managed to find the rifle, but the "cache" task doesn't tick green, and therefore, the mission doesn't advance, so I'm stuck atop of the tower looking at the officer without being able to shoot him, Am I missing anything?

Wow..that was ...wow! You have really outdone yourselves here-that campaign was flawless! I know everyone is waiting for more,but what I would love is to have your version of Altis to use-Altis with furniture and posters and all the little touches you added to the Island. Like the little sign at the base of the tower in the 5th mission :D

So, I managed to find the rifle, but the "cache" task doesn't tick green, and therefore, the mission doesn't advance, so I'm stuck atop of the tower looking at the officer without being able to shoot him, Am I missing anything?

I'm getting a couple of errors (I play with showscripterrors enabled) which I suspect is leading to this eventuality. Interestingly, I can't find the rifle at all, probably because the first error leads to the "cache" task being solved upon mission start.

Right at the start of the mission:

21:21:54 Error in expression <Coleridge = Coleridge_Action; _Goblin = Goblin; 3 fadeMusic 0.35; ["Task_01">
21:21:54 Error position: <Goblin; 3 fadeMusic 0.35; ["Task_01">
21:21:54 Error Undefined variable in expression: goblin
21:21:54 File Resist\missions\M_05.Altis\Scripts\Coleridge_Remark_B.sqf, line 4

...and just after climbing the stairs inside the tower.

21:34:22 Error in expression <nul = []execVM "Scripts\Thunder.sqf"; _Goblin switchMove "Acts_StandingSpeakin>
21:34:22 Error position: <_Goblin switchMove "Acts_StandingSpeakin>
21:34:22 Error Undefined variable in expression: _goblin
21:34:22 File Resist\missions\M_05.Altis\Scripts\Coleridge_Remark_B.sqf, line 42

I hope this helps with diagnosis and a fix! :)

Hy!

I'm also struggling to find the crate&the gun at the judgement night mission, i think i literally checked every m^2 of the circle where it should be, but nothing :/ I've checked two video on the YT-n, in both of them the stuff very under a bush near the tower, but i can't find there nothing.

I've just readed that the CBA shouldn't be active too? I run the Dragonfyre soundmod and the CBA, i thought none of them can be a problem.. :/

So someone could write in a spoiler where should be the rifle? And i could check if it's there or i've a bug :O (because of those 2 mods)

BTW these campaign has the same quality of the official, if not better! ;)

Sorry for my english!

Wow..that was ...wow! You have really outdone yourselves here-that campaign was flawless! I know everyone is waiting for more,but what I would love is to have your version of Altis to use-Altis with furniture and posters and all the little touches you added to the Island. Like the little sign at the base of the tower in the 5th mission :D

Thanks so much, mate! :P So pleased you enjoyed it! Well, I'm busy making some assets at present (including a fully functional sewer system!) - so, there will be some cool new things to decorate Altis with soon! Watch this space :) Also getting the hang of animations, particle effects, and the like; so it's giving me some new options too - really can't wait to share with you all! Been working my arse off, lol

• Like 1

I'm also struggling to find the crate&the gun at the judgement night mission, i think i literally checked every m^2 of the circle where it should be, but nothing :/ I've checked two video on the YT-n, in both of them the stuff very under a bush near the tower, but i can't find there nothing.

Have you found it yet? :P

It's on a randomiser; it can be under the stairs in the tower, in a bush amongst the ruins, or in the far corner of a ruined section opposite the house with the scaffolding.

I'm getting a couple of errors (I play with showscripterrors enabled) which I suspect is leading to this eventuality. Interestingly, I can't find the rifle at all, probably because the first error leads to the "cache" task being solved upon mission start.

Thanks mate, should be all sorted now! :P Was a nasty little bug - basically, came about when I introduced the new gear saving - the objective completed early if you had a certain rifle equipped at the end of mission 4. Complete oversight my end, apologies!

Really excellent campaign kydoimos. First mission was a bit too tough IMHO, but otherwise great fun. I wanted it to keep going.

I do a bit of editing myself, and your mix of setpiece action and open ended gameplay is really something I'd like to learn from. So 3 quick questions if you have a minute to answer a peasant mission editor :P

- The sniper/thunder sequence. Are there actual consequences to shooting out of sync with the thunder? Or is it purely for effect? Either way the result is excellent, but just curious if you have more aggressive responses or otherwise if the player doesn't sync the shot.

- In mission 1, the Mestori spec ops team insertion and interception. I played the mission a few times, and noticed the team essentially appears very much in your way. Do you teleport the team at predefined positions depending on what route the player takes? Or they just move organically based on your last known position? On my second playthrough they appeared among the cliffs on the northern side. Was quite a dramatic moment and made for a good CQ firefight.

- I noticed at least one instance that you fail the mission when the player leaves the mission area. Is this generally to keep players from getting lost or misguided? Or because they could actually break the mission? For example, in "Options None" I was out of rockets, and wanted to loot some from that hilltop AT soldier I had shot, but was not able due to perimeter restrictions.

@kydoimos In the mission "Approaching Thunder" could you please add an autosave just after the gunship strafes the pickup? I've failed this bit a dozen times and having to sit through the pickup ride over and over again is infuriating.

Some of this is my fault - I'm running AI on expert with bCombat and I'm no top tier player. But still ... I doubt I'm the only one who had this problem. 

I was having more fun than the original campaigns up until this point. Thanks for creating such awesome missions!!

i am still struggling to finish the defend the city mission, 1st tank is destroyed and the second is stuck just at the entrance of the town. i fired 3-4 missiles but it wont get killed, all other enemies are killed i guess. :( what to do

@kydoimos In the mission "Approaching Thunder" could you please add an autosave just after the gunship strafes the pickup? I've failed this bit a dozen times and having to sit through the pickup ride over and over again is infuriating.

Some of this is my fault - I'm running AI on expert with bCombat and I'm no top tier player. But still ... I doubt I'm the only one who had this problem. 

I was having more fun than the original campaigns up until this point. Thanks for creating such awesome missions!!

Hi mate! I'll be an adding an autosave for the next update :)

The sewer part in the mission; did you make that with objects in the game or is it a location somewhere actually built into the map?

Originally, I made it from objects - but I've created the whole sewer scene from scratch now and it ought to appear in the new update!

i am still struggling to finish the defend the city mission, 1st tank is destroyed and the second is stuck just at the entrance of the town. i fired 3-4 missiles but it wont get killed, all other enemies are killed i guess. :( what to do

Hi mate! Drat - I thought I'd fixed that bug! No idea why it's happening - I'll take a look before the next update. Might be worth re-loading as it is not a consistent issue. Unfortunately, recent updates can cause new issues which I have to fix - and I don't always realise they're there. Rest assured, I'm on it! :D