Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

I was really impressed by the quality of your work. I do not see how one could do better, keep it up! :ok:

@All - Judgement Night is available for playtesting on Steam! :D Friends only at the mo, so feel free to send an invite! Feedback at this stage is warmly welcomed!

i am getting weird bugs playing this, my saves dont load and each time i have to restart the whole campaign. Any help with that?

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

nevermind, best to wait for the full mod :)

@Sgt Gul - hi there, mate! The saves issue is something related to Steam I believe, and has been a longstanding issue with many subscriptions! I'm working on the full mod which will make life much easier I hope. It'll have a dozen new features too, and I'm hoping the whole thing will feel much more polished when it's all done and in one PBO! :P

yeah, eagerly waiting for a standalone pbo. never liked steam's savegame mess.

yeah, eagerly waiting for a standalone pbo. never liked steam's savegame mess.

You can copy the steam subscription PBO and place it in your missions folder and avoid that.

@Sgt Gul - hi there, mate! The saves issue is something related to Steam I believe, and has been a longstanding issue with many subscriptions! I'm working on the full mod which will make life much easier I hope. It'll have a dozen new features too, and I'm hoping the whole thing will feel much more polished when it's all done and in one PBO! :P

Cheers buddy, excellent work by the way. I have managed to complete the first 2 missions. On steam i could only find 1, 2 and the 4th mission. So i will wait for the full standalone release, good luck with it pal.

@Sgt. Gul - thanks matey! Very pleased you've enjoyed it! Lots of work happening at the moment! Watch this space... plus, already got another showcase in the pipeline, though this I hope will be more of an SP scenario than simple showcase. :D

Just gave it a try, good job!

• It's pretty short compared to the 4th mission but well done and the locations look lovely as always!
  • Nice cliff-hanger, yet I feel there's more closure needed story-wise. Reminded me of the orignial East Wind campaign which had the same problem.
  • Also, engaging that high value target was coming out of nowhere for me. My last status was that AAF / CSAT overran the village and the FIA is withdrawing. But I'd need to play the 4th mission again to refresh my mind.^^
  • Debriefing image is missing, I get an error message when I fail the mission by being detected.
  • Waiting for moar. :)

Still can't kill Goblin.

No mod loaded.

If I take the shoot at the beginning of the thunder, he's invincible, because of the loop animation.

And if I take the shoot a little bit after, the bullet can never hit him, he directly go prone and it's a failure.

It seems my bullet is somehow deflected by the window...

Dunno what to do...

if I take the shoot a little bit after, ...

You're supposed to fire 3 seconds after the visible thunder, the moment its sound is expected to hit.

It doesn't have to be to spot on, so there's maybe a timeframe of a half, or maybe one second from 2.5s after you saw the thunder. There are some tricks going on to make you fail/get detected/and goblin not killed, in case shoot outside that timeframe. Goblin going prone is one of these side-effects; not sure if he's invincible too.

Dunno what to do...

Have you tried counting to three already? :p

IMHO the "rules" were clearly communicated in the mission. Then again, I can't tell if your timing is just bad :cool:, or if said part of the mission is a bit fragile, or if the timeframe might be a bit larger or something. While I had to try a few times myself, I've assumed that my timing is as bad as yours :p, but wasn't too much confused or something. Well, granted, I'd expect Goblin to die too, even if you shoot him outside that timeframe. But in context of this mission it's totally fair game. :D

Count slowly 22, 23, 24 :) Great mission! cant wait for the next 1 :p

Great and atmospheric ending... :yay: :yay:

as IndeedPete said: what a cliffhanger! So Drakon, your next campaign as you´ve advertized on Resist website, is going to be a sequel or a prequel? I mean, Drakon is one of the FIA rebel leaders, so this campaign is going to show the FIA fight before or during and after resist? Or is a direct sequel, with Resist Cpl_Colidge fighting as a FIA guerrilla to retake altis???

Anxious for your next project, Kydoimos!

cheers!

You're supposed to fire 3 seconds after the visible thunder, the moment its sound is expected to hit.

It doesn't have to be to spot on, so there's maybe a timeframe of a half, or maybe one second from 2.5s after you saw the thunder. There are some tricks going on to make you fail/get detected/and goblin not killed, in case shoot outside that timeframe. Goblin going prone is one of these side-effects; not sure if he's invincible too.

Have you tried counting to three already? :p

IMHO the "rules" were clearly communicated in the mission. Then again, I can't tell if your timing is just bad :cool:, or if said part of the mission is a bit fragile, or if the timeframe might be a bit larger or something. While I had to try a few times myself, I've assumed that my timing is as bad as yours :p, but wasn't too much confused or something. Well, granted, I'd expect Goblin to die too, even if you shoot him outside that timeframe. But in context of this mission it's totally fair game. :D

Yes, but it seems the windows stops the bullet...

Like if the bullet could break the windows but not go further...

That's so weird...

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I've made some test, on the guy on the 2nd floor : it's the same with him too.

The bullet break the windows but never hits the guy.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Unable to do this mission.

My rifle sucks, the 7.62 is unable to go through a fucking window.

I tried to sneak in then, but AI is just fucking Terminators with vision through the walls and body armor - full mag of 9mm doesn't kill....

Works for me as well. Any addons in use that might alter shooting or penetration?

No addon at all

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Ok, I sorted this out:

after the automatic save, don't take the sniper rifle, but shoot with the silenced SMG in the windows to break it.

It won't raise the arlarm or make the AI go aware.

The, take the sniper rifle and follow the instructions.

@All - hi chaps! Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear you've enjoyed it! Now, regarding the bullet / window issue - I say tentatively that it should be fixed now. If anyone is still having trouble, let me know! Also, you might need to disable CBA if you have it running as I've heard it can cause problems! :P

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

@Indeedpete - thanks for the feedback matey! Debriefing image is in now (my bad!). Yeah, the ending isn't that final - but, I didn't want to close the book just yet - I'm hoping if I do another project it will feel far more linear, as I won't have to work around a pre-existing narrative, thus allowing me a lot more freedom! :D Thanks again, for subscribing! Hope your work's going well too - let me know if I can help with anything 'texturey' :P

Thanks, will do!

Do you plan on adding equipment saving for the full campaign / addon version? Would probably add some immersion if players could keep their gear throughout the five missions.

@IndeedPete - yup! Gear saving's on the agenda! :D I agree - would certainly help with immersions!

@EvroMalarkey - Hi mate! Ah, grand! So excited! I'll watch that this evening! Thanks for the coverage!

Ah, glad to hear. Let me know if you need help implementing that idea. I've got tons of different functionality at the ready for equipment getting / setting (with blacklisting and replacement options) and stage-based saving / loading throughout campaigns.

Edited by IndeedPete

Ah, glad to hear. Let me know if you need help implementing that idea. I've got tons of different functionality at the ready for equipment getting / setting (with blacklisting and replacement options) and stage-based saving / loading throughout campaigns.[/Quote]

You legend! :D Yes, that could be really helpful! Thanks, matey!