Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

@Fragmentpruts - thanks, man! I'll do my best! Just finished compiling new titlecards in HD OGV! :D

I must say I greatly enjoyed all 4 missions of the Resist campaign. If I didn't know this was a user made campaign, I would have sincerely thought this was free official content from Bohemia themselves, especially on the level of overall production. I'd go so far to say that Resist stands as one of the best mission/campaigns made by the community, and probably the best currently for ArmA III.

@Foffy - thanks ever so much for your kind words! Moreover, I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying it! Got some big updates on the way, which will hopefully lead to a more polished feel for the campaign overall. New HD titlecards, code optimization, some added details, textures, etc. Mission 05, Judgement Night, should prove to be a lot of fun too! :D Watch this space! Again, thanks for the kind words!

Kydoimos - Simply excellent!

Really enjoyed and can't wait for more. Very professional and enjoyable. Challenging and fun.

Thank you so much for making this.

@EvroMalarkey / Petek - ah cheers guys! Evro - great video, best one yet! Thanks! Be sure to check out the new 2015 update - worked hard on the code optimisation :D

Hey Kydoimos... I just wish you could update/improve the campaign file as well .... I reeeeally like to play it as a campaign (with gear persistency, mission progression etc) rather than scattered singleplayer missions... and hope to see the closure (Judgement Night) still on 2015 lol

cheers!

@Corporal_Lib[bR] - hiya! Yes, I feel you there! :D Here's the situation: unfortunately, at present, Steam can't handle the campaign file (with the custom videos, music, dubbing etc.) the file size is too large. For the MANW contest, I even had to submit the entry to a special Dropbox account. However, from what I hear, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently, pretty soon, Steam will not have a file size (or at least, have a much larger) limit for Arma. Moreover, as soon as I've updated 'Approaching Thunder' (within the week, I hope!) I'll upload the campaign to MODDB for downloading. Regarding 'Judgement Night', presently awaiting voice actor's material to come in - still hoping for a Spring release - but a lot depends on third party work :P Watch this space - more updates, news soon!

Great, I´ll download from Moddb as soons as it is available (don´t forget to send it over to Foxhound at armaholic.com too)... this steamworkshop limitation of single file and less than 1 gb prevents many mods to be displayed there, good to know BIS is taking these providences =)

cheers!

Hi Kydoimos.

Thx for your awesome work in this SP campaign.

In the first task, Resist, I can´t enter in the chopper to evac. Does not appear that icon... It´s a bug or I´m missing something??

Thanks again!

@Jamesbr - hiya, mate - not aware of that issue (first report). No doubt it's one of those random bugs that once in a blue moon will occur. There is a chance it had something to do with a recent update; but that ought to be all fixed now. Let me know if you experience the problem a second time and I'll look into it further. All the best, Kyd.

@Electricleash - thanks matey! Yes, 'Judgement Night' is in the works - just waiting on the final voice actor to submit his work. However, I've been keeping busy on a side project for the community :D Also, should be uploading the soundtrack to the website later on this evening. All very exciting stuff!

Hey Ky

Just been doing a play through of RESIST (The Mod/campaign version) on Dev branch in preparation for Marksman, see how the weapon Deployment/Resting affects the missions.

Thought I would give you a heads up on a few bugs I encountered:

Had no issues with Roads end.

On Essential Requisite, at the briefing screen.

1TtVCNb1.jpg

Also noticed a significant slow down at the initialisation of, and during the airfield firefight. Not sure what might be causing it but I remember it always being streamlined in the past.

On Approaching Thunder I get this script pop-up every 30seconds or so, relating to ambient animal sounds.

gINstYxE.jpg

RyNyrcrh.jpg

I haven't got to Options None yet but will update this if I spot any issues there.

Cheers

E

@ElectricLeash - thanks for that matey! Yes, the goat sounds I'm aware of - corrected error on Steam but still need to update the MODDB version - holding out until I've added a few more extras ( :D Sewer firefight anyone? ). The Scrope issue on Essential Requisite looks as though it might be related to Marksmen DLC or something - not sure if that's my end, but I'll look into it, naturally!

@Variable - ah, thanks matey! Very nervous - and am mentally-set for defeat :P

Check this out though!

Don't worry, you'll be at least on the podium.

My bet is Resist, Deliverance and either MERCS or Green Draw or Hunter Six

Don't worry, you'll be at least on the podium.

My bet is Resist, Deliverance and either MERCS or Green Draw or Hunter Six

In any case, #1 pays the beer. :D Considering the surprising choice of finalists in the first place (at least in the other categories) I also expect to see a surprise among the top three.^^ And I hope they'll tell us the exact rank even if we don't make the podium.

BTW, there's also still WLA, often forgotten yet still the biggest player by votes. If it was a fully balanced contest the winners in the SP category would probably consist of three most diverse gameplay styles, let's say from scripted-linear like Resist to fully-dynamic like Pilgrimage. But since it's a scoring system being put together of rather independent jury members I doubt it will end that way.

Had no doubt that RESIST would win. Congratulations, you deserve it.

Congratulations Kydoimos on winning the 1st prize!!! You earned it rightfully.

Congratulations. Fully deserved indeed. :)

congrats! well deserved indeed. btw, this makes you obliged to make more stuff:p