Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

If anyone out there fancies making a playthrough video of 'Essential Requisite', it would be most welcome - my PC struggles with running Fraps at the same time as Arma! Plus, it's always really, really fun to watch how someone tackles the mission!

well to be fair that action fly over part in Essential Requisite was so epic, that I had to record it with ShadowPlay and show friends! :D

Lol - yeah, I'm not sure what sort of rig you'd need to record that! :)

Lol - yeah, I'm not sure what sort of rig you'd need to record that! :)

ShadowPlay doesn't have any impact on performance. Isn't Nvidia great?

ShadowPlay doesn't have any impact on performance. Isn't Nvidia great?

No, they're still being silly about "YOU ONLY GET THIS FEATURE WITH GOOD PERFORMANCE IF YOU USE AN NVIDIA CARD OTHERWISE YOU'LL HAVE 5 FPS WHEN IT'S IN USE".

I have to cut out a bit of pausing I did, but my editing software is being stupid. Might take a bit longer than I expected.

Edited by steamtex

So, what's this ShadowPlay? I'm intrigued! I use FRAPs - and it's quite hard to get a smooth recording!

@Kydoimos: ShadowPlay - http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay

But with Shadowplay you can only record supported games. With this program you can stream your game to twitch (www.twitch.tv). And yes, ShadowPlay can be also used as FRAPS (you can save the video on your hard drive and upload on YouTube for example ;)).

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

'Approaching Thunder' is available for playtesting, to friends on Steam. If you have the chance, give it a bash and let me know what you think and what doesn't work etc.! Thanks all!

Grrrrr one day too late...

I can't play it...

Not sure if a bug or I'm doing it wrong, but...

Can't use the Laser Designator at start of mission (or at least I don't how to lol). I manage to get by fine using the RPGs to ambush the convoy though

Been a bit busy at work so it was a nice surprise to see this little update. Keep it up!

Great work, i played part 1-3 and it feels like a official one. The need for speed shop is so sweet. :o

Lol - glad you liked the shop! If I had the time, I'd love to re-work the whole of Altis like that! ;)

Hello Kydoimos, so I made a playthrough video of Road's End. I will do also Essential Requisite and Approaching Thunder in upcoming days, there are certainly parts which are worth recording! Enjoy! ;)

Hiya Evro! Awesome video! Thanks so much, deeply honoured for the time you've taken out to do that! I've recently uploaded some updates for 'Essential Requisite' and 'Approaching Thunder' - hope you enjoy! Again - thanks so much for the video! It's great! :yay:

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Also - in case anyone wonders - I've now changed the face of 'Knight' - because he had James' face from the campaign! :p

Hello Kydoimos, so I made a playthrough video of Road's End. I will do also Essential Requisite and Approaching Thunder in upcoming days, there are certainly parts which are worth recording! Enjoy! ;)

Nice shooting Evro! And by the way, you can take items by right clicking them, no need to drag :)

@GreenPeaceKiller - great stuff! Hope you enjoy! Do you think you could let me know if the opening titles look okay? I've adjusted them for my monitor - but suspect they may appear out of sorts on different monitor sizes! :cool:

@Variable I know, it's just my habit :D

@Kydoimos I'm glad you like it! I will record the rest with the updated 'Essential Requisite' and 'Approaching Thunder' in upcoming days! ;)

Is there a possibility to get non-Steam version? On Armaholic I see only some alpha version from May. Usually I'm waiting till project is considered 100% done, before I try (first impression can be made only once), but I'm probably too curious this time :) ... Still, those known issues with saving missions on Steam... I see, Polish translation is available? Although can't find it. Is the Polish translation complete/covered, or you need any help (my Polish is decent enough :P to perform some stylistic editorial, if needed)?

And by curiosity: how you can tell, when exactly next mission will be ready? Seems prophetic in creepy way to me. :)

Is there a possibility to get non-Steam version? On Armaholic I see only some alpha version from May. Usually I'm waiting till project is considered 100% done, before I try (first impression can be made only once), but I'm probably too curious this time :) ... Still, those known issues with saving missions on Steam... I see, Polish translation is available? Although can't find it. Is the Polish translation complete/covered, or you need any help (my Polish is decent enough :P to perform some stylistic editorial, if needed)?

And by curiosity: how you can tell, when exactly next mission will be ready? Seems prophetic in creepy way to me. :)[/Quote]

Hiya mate! Yup - will sort a non-Steam version soon (though might wait until all 5 missions are done!). The release of Road's End on Armaholic was, to be honest, a bit of an impulse decision. Sort of wished I'd waited - but yeah - it's certainly on the agenda! Polish translation is WIP - so far, we have missions 1-3 all sorted, and 4 is being done as I write! Good old 'Alan Orman' is sorting that out! Bless him! And lastly, regarding my prophetic powers... lol, Options None is so close to being finished it's easier to be precise! I think, on average, each mission takes about 3 months. From first script to finish!

How's Pilgrimage going? :) Seriously - good luck, mate - you've put a lot of work in! I had a little dabble and found it thoroughly enjoyable! +1 from me!

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

@EvroMalarkey - thanks man! I've given you an honorary mention in our credits!

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

PS: The screenshot's the official campaign thumbnail! On account of it taking me an afternoon to do! :p

Hey, Kydoimos, the last 2 missions will feature (and thus require) the Nimitz, Superhornet and PG units? IMHO this is great, or they were used only on game footage for cutscenes???

Anxious for the rest of this awesome campaign!

cheers!

How's Pilgrimage going? Seriously - good luck, mate - you've put a lot of work in! I had a little dabble and found it thoroughly enjoyable! +1 from me!

Thanks. :) Is going well. MANW edition awaits only for official MANW A3 branch/version announcement for final testing. Any possible further development except hotfixing, if necessary, will be post-MANW.

Hey, Kydoimos, the last 2 missions will feature (and thus require) the Nimitz, Superhornet and PG units? IMHO this is great, or they were used only on game footage for cutscenes???[/Quote]

Hi Corporal! Yes, they're only in the CBN cutscene which you can access in the youtube link in the mission briefing screen. I've included names in the credits as I was given kind permission to use them :) Also, the MANW rules stipulate complete vanilla material for the contest - but maybe in the future, who knows, perhaps I might look to include other user content! There's some great stuff out there!

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Thanks. Is going well. MANW edition awaits only for official MANW A3 branch/version announcement for final testing. Any possible further development except hotfixing, if necessary, will be post-MANW.

Good to hear! I'll be giving it some serious attention after the contest - looking forward to playting it to the end! :)