Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

It ends halfway through "Survive",

For a name, what about: Natural Selection? Seeing as only the best soldiers would survive such an attack (as shown by super soldier elite/random outpost guard Kerry).

Frankly, final effort catches me as the name for the last mission more than a campaign.

Names aside, good luck with the project. It sounds like it'll be pretty good stuff.

Thanks Kilroy, yes, another good one! Lovely input!

Ok then, so Stratis only.

I'm thinking about it and let you know.

@Kilroy: I said "Final Effort" as name for his mission "Last Stand" style, as requested, not as campaign name ;)

Edited by Wiki

Ah, but not Stratis 'only'... ;-)

Looks really great what you're doing! Waiting for release, as ideas you could try to squeeze in, maybe as a spin-off mission it would be nice to be how it is on the other side, maybe putting us on the enemy skin i really enjoy to knowing how people interpret them, maybe playing one mission of the campaign but as the CSAT or AAF or even one completely different mission, but something that show us how things are on the other side, how the soldiers think about the invasion, about these survivors and everything in general.

There's a little bit of exploration on that side, but not quite so direct. What I mean is, you discover intel, overhear conversations between AAF troops, that sort of thing... but I agree, it would be very interesting to play with a new perspective.

Eventually - when if I ever get the time - I'd like to explore the Altian civil war. But that'd be a whole new story...

You may wanna make a JTAC mission/part of mission.

Also something like "Holding the line" while resisting an armored attack - and maybe combined both (guiding an air asset to repel the attack)

I've considered the "Holding the line" scenario quite a bit... but I don't want to ruin any surprises! ;-p

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

The JTAC aspect - as much as it DOES appeal - might not fit in too well with the story. That said, the support option will be used from time to time.

Oh my... trailer looks actually better then original AAN intro :D I will look forward to this!

I totally agree! VERY good!

Kydoimos, what do you mean with this?

• Countless User Textures

In reference to the User Textures, I mean, lovely new billboards, posters, whiteboards, blood, skins, crikey - even post it notes on car steering wheels! And no need for mods!

Thanks Steamtex, much appreciated!

I'll be releasing the first mission of the campaign with the Make Arma Not War contest opening - so, late April folks!

Just a question; I've watched the trailer I dunno how many times now, how did you get / make the base for the Submarine? I have the submarine working but that base intrigues me.

Good news!

And yes, same question as AtinAkiri: where did you put the submarine for the footage?

@AtinAkiri: he also created the yellow things above the submarine.

Kydoimos

Great video.

My suggestion:

DON'T give away any of your secrets until you release the Campaign. Protect you work.

That includes questions about you submarine........I would rather be patient and play the camp upon release then to have secrets told and have played nothing.

To Wiki and AtinAkiri..............:681:

yeah, but end of october is much too far away...

Yeah guys, as Kommiekat says, I have to keep a lot on the down low. Fortunately, what you've seen is the tip of the iceberg. The REALLY cool stuff is yet to come. I'd love to share everything with you all, but it is for a contest and I have put in 2600+ hours - so you'll understand if I'm a wee bit reserved! I like the proverb 'give a man a fish, and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and feed him for a life-time'. Check out the Arma3 commands wiki and post questions on the forums. I'll try to answer what I can without, you know, revealing too much or giving too much away. I hope everyone's as excited as I am - and ALL will be revealed in time!

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Oh - and take a look at the wonderful assets library too. It's a great place for inspiration. Think of it like lego. You can stick things together to make whole new things...

Kydoimos

Great video.

My suggestion:

DON'T give away any of your secrets until you release the Campaign. Protect you work.

That includes questions about you submarine........I would rather be patient and play the camp upon release then to have secrets told and have played nothing.

To Wiki and AtinAkiri..............:681:

It was a legit question; If it was a vanilla location on Altis withholding said information would be anarchy, we didn't know weither he made it or not you ass. xD

@the people asking about the submarine base

Hasn't it crossed your mind that the "yellow things" above the submarine are cranes? The other things look like some regular buildings. I'm pretty sure no addon objects were used there.

@Kydoimos

Great trailer, better than the one for the BIS campaign IMO. Looking forward to playing your campaign!

@the people asking about the submarine base

Hasn't it crossed your mind that the "yellow things" above the submarine are cranes? The other things look like some regular buildings. I'm pretty sure no addon objects were used there.

@Kydoimos

Great trailer, better than the one for the BIS campaign IMO. Looking forward to playing your campaign!

Hum, nice thought, I didn't think about it, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

BTW, have you considered using my bases templates in your campaign?

Would be glad to see them used :)

Yes - no add-ons or mods will be used in-game! Of course, there were a few in the CBN trailer, used with kind permission!