Sign in to follow this  
wyattwic

Texturing the Civi's Box truck

Hey everyone!

I am attempting to put a texture on "C_Van_01_box_F", however the section of texture I am editing, I can not find.

Arma3_CfgVehicles_C_Van_01_box_F.jpg

I am attempting to replace "van_01_adds_co.paa" on that vehicle but when it comes time to set the texture, I cant seem to find the proper selection number. I have attempted 0 through 5 with no luck.

Screenshot of original PAA referred to - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61911880/Capture1.PNG (773 kB)

Below is my PAA and the final vehicle init I attempted. The texture is in the proper location in the mission, its just that section number.

Init

this setObjectTexture [5,"textures\van_01_adds_co.paa"];

Modified PAA - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61911880/van_01_adds_co.paa

Screenshot of modified PAA - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61911880/Capture2.PNG

Any ideas would be a huge help. Im stumped.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

In addition, This vehicle randomly selects if it should be red or white. Would anyone know how to make it always red? Im assuming you address the texture in the Soft_F PBO, but I dont know how to address between PBOs.

Edited by Wyattwic

You have to add it after the mission has been loaded. Its the whole random paint job thing that BI does to civ vehicles. Use the debug console.

Giving that a try now

---------- Post added at 07:20 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

No success. I attempted to set every texture on the vehicle, one by one, to transparent and I was not able to locate the damn box. It has a PAA and there is no indication of it being a proxy model, so im lost. Attempted the same with the covered transport HEMITT.

BIS Dev help would be appreciated! ANY HELP would be appreciated!

I am having this same issue with the Civi box truck, HEMTT Covered transport and HEMTT Box.

The HEMTT Box is the only one that uses a proxy model, so I can understand why there is no hiddenselection for it, but the others are not in the same situation.

Maybe a dev could tell us if were missing something?

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

I may be able to do a work around, but I have no idea how its going to impact performance. I could texture "usertexture" and "attachto" the vehicle. Id rather not do that though...

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\soft_f_gamma\van_01\Data\van_01_ext_CO.paa","\A3\soft_f_gamma\van_01\Data\van_01_ext_CO.paa"};

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

Name your box truck mytruck.

Go into debug console and put this in:

mytruck setObjectTexture [0,""];

The entire front cab should now be missing.

Now type in:

mytruck setObjectTexture [0,"textures\van_01_adds_co.paa"];

Hopefully you have that picture under a folder called textures.

Try to set it to some random color cobra, you can't texture the box of the truck, only the cab and tires, the box will always look the same, no matter which number you use.

At least not that I know of.

Grumpy, You are correct for the proxy model on the HEMTT box, but this is not the situation of the Civi van.

Interestingly enough, I am having the same issue with the HEMTT Covered transport. Same story as the Civi van, It has a PAA and is not a proxy model, just no hidden selection. Is there a work around or do we need to submit it as a bug?

Edited by Wyattwic

Did a little research on the feedback tracker and the issues with the HEMTT are known and very, very low priority. This becomes a major pain in my rump because cheap unarmed vehicles are the perfect thing to fight over! Think of the MHQ in ArmA2 Warfare BE! Its just a under-armed, no good, LAV!

HEMTT Box - Box is proxy model. While all the proxy models ive seen dont have hidden selections, It would be nice.

HEMTT Covered Transport - Not a proxy model and has a PAA! I do not understand why no one takes the minute or two to fix it.

HEMTT Ambulance - Its a Covered transport with a modified PAA! Come on!

Civilian Box Transport - It has a PAA, so why would it not have a hidden selection?

Does anyone know of something unarmed and useless that can be used to transport 2-4 people? Preferably with working hidden selections?

The issue with texturing the Civi box truck does not appear to be known in the feedback tracker. Will post when I get home tonight.

I do not understand why no one takes the minute or two to fix it.

I don't know either, there's a few game breaking things that either no one seems to care about and there's even more stuff that's just plain annoying for mission makers.

It's a pain for having to find a workaround (if possible at all) for stuff that's probably fixed with one config entry edit or similar.

Especially bugs which are in arma3 since alpha and no one bothered to touch/give feedback about are very exhausting, at least for me.

It's not like they need 40+ people playtesting these fixes for months before releasing them...

On the other hand it's ridiculous to see how, within a few weeks, Zeus is getting functionality and other cool stuff that the community requested for the 2d editor for a long time.

Cheers

Grumpy, Agreed!

The usertexture attachto workaround is our best option for now. Works like a charm, but a ton of trial and error is required to get it positioned properly. I may publish a cheatsheet for the HEMTT Box, HEMTT Covered and Civi Box Truck for all to use, when im finished working out the kinks.

I've got a similair problem, can't find how to set a color of an suv.

I've got a similair problem, can't find how to set a color of an suv.

Simply make a new mission in the editor, close arma, open the mission folder and add your textures to the mission folder.

Start Arma again, load your mission, assign a name to your SUV (for e.g. "TEST")

Then press escape an type the following into the debug-console:

TEST setobjecttexture [0,"your_texture.paa"]

remember to change "your_texture.paa" to the exact name your texture is named inside the mission folder!

Wyatwic: Please post some example code for the "usertexture attachto workaround" you mentioned. I am very interested to see that.

Hey guys, this just got fixed with today's update!

Thanks Bohemia!

XBV2XmR.jpg

Edited by Sylensis

Hey guys, this just got fixed with today's update!

Thanks Bohemia!

What did you do to get the Box retextured?

love that milk truck ironman!

Could you post the exact solution for attaching that custom pic to the truck?

Can anyone tell me where I find the folders that contains the textures of the vehiclesand clothes of NATO?