Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Help me ruin this Quarry...

I'm working on the Altis map, in the Quarry to the south of Pyrgos. On the north side of the quarry there is a 'Concrete Mixing Shed' and a 'Factory Conveyor Belt (Slope)' that I'd like the players to destroy. I've tried all the tricks I know including linking a trigger directly to the object ID and setting the trigger to go off on Not Present. Also tried setting up gamelogic right next to the ID's to assign a variable name to them using 'nearestobject' or 'nearestbuilding' and then watching that ID for !alive.

GL init tried both this:

mixer = nearestobjects [this, ["Land_cmp_Shed_dam_F"],20];

and this:

mixer = nearestbuilding this;

Trigger: !alive mixer

Nothing seems to recognize when these two buildings/objects go down. Any ideas?

Waypoints? Not sure I follow you. How could waypoints be used to fire a trigger showing when a building is destroyed?

Triggers can if they are grouped to the building and placed over the building set to not present.

However there are some map buildings/objects that seem to be broken and aren't behaving as in previous games.

The only solution I can think of would be to add a hidden object or a gamelogic (does that work?) next to the building and make it absorb the same amount of damage it takes to destroy one of the buildings, then use them as trigger condition instead.

I might be completely off track though.

@F2k - Normally, grouping triggers with a building works in the short term, but any time there is a patch it breaks, because the trigger is actually attached to the object ID and object ID's change from patch to patch. Apparently that will no longer be the case with 1.14 and onward though. Regardless, that method does not seem to work with those two buildings/objects for some reason, and maybe they're broken.

@Grumpy - I'll give that a shot, but I'm starting to think it's just easier to plop down some sort of object, and let the players destroy that.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Alright, looks like I got it, it might have just been a syntax issue. I set up a gameLogic object named mixGL next to the mixing tower with this in the init:

mixer = nearestObject [mixGL,"Land_cmp_Shed_F"];

And then setup a trigger to watch for '!alive mixer' and it worked. Also ran across this great little resource to find building/object class names. I always knew about the assets page, but didn't know it included all the buildings as well, great stuff.

Yes Id's should be fixed but knowing BIS who knows.