CyclonicTuna

You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted.

I've been getting this message for a while now, something is corrupting my save files. I had this problem in Arma 2 aswell but I can't remember how I sovled it. I've been able to narrow it down to pretty much all my mods that add content of some sorts. But I can't figure out if its a single mod that's causing it or all of them. I'm using Arma 3 Sync to launch my mods. I don't know what's going on.

• Like 1

The error message usually has a file name at the end of it, what is it?

That file would be the one your missing, better yet look at your rpt and it should tell you, post it here if you could, and lets see if I can help.

This usually means that you are trying to play a mission that you have played using different mods earlier, or even that the save file is from an older version. Try to revert the mission instead, that should work regardless.

It's important to remember that when you save your game while your using mods, those mods are required to in use when you load the game again. Good luck!

This usually means that you are trying to play a mission that you have played using different mods earlier, or even that the save file is from an older version. Try to revert the mission instead, that should work regardless.

It's important to remember that when you save your game while your using mods, those mods are required to in use when you load the game again. Good luck!

I know, but see that's my problem, because that isn't the case. I get the error whilst reloading a save on the same play session. I don't change any mods, I just releoad when I die and then it gives me the error.

I couldn't find the .rpt file. For some reason my AppData/Local doesn't show an Arma 3 folder but here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/9LsDGAG.jpg?1 (162 kB)

Thanks for the help!

If you still get the same issue, delete your save, and restart the game and see what happens.

I figuered it out, turned out I didn't have the latetst version of the Arma 3 Map Pack. That was corrupting my savegames. Thanks for the help regardless guys :D!

hi any still updating this? i got this problem too.. how to solve this?? 

You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted.a3_weapon_f_exp,a3_character_f_exp...

and also asset/item/hose where to find this?? im getting crash in game when fueling my vehicle.
i try all what you post in here but still same got the error mssge T_T..
Edited by James A Velez

1 hour ago, James A Velez said:

hi any still updating this? i got this problem too.. how to solve this?? 

You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted.a3_weapon_f_exp,a3_character_f_exp...

and also asset/item/hose where to find this?? im getting crash in game when fueling my vehicle.
i try all what you post in here but still same got the error mssge T_T..

what version of the game are you running ?
This isn't a thread for updating, it's almost 3 years since the last post.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, road runner said:

what version of the game are you running ?
This isn't a thread for updating, it's almost 3 years since the last post.

..I'm currently using version 1.60.something... Can help me to fix? I really want to play ravage survival.. So epic.. Huhuhu..

9 minutes ago, James A Velez said:

..I'm currently using version 1.60.something... Can help me to fix? I really want to play ravage survival.. So epic.. Huhuhu..

It sounds like the one of the optics, and how old is the mission.sqm as it might have been written with the beta of the game.

You can always try and delete that entry and see how it goes !

7 hours ago, James A Velez said:

sion it is dependent on content that you have deleted.a3_weapon_f_exp,a3_character_f_exp...

As it states, you are missing the APEX-Tanoa content. Do you own the expansion? Cause this are the modpacks, that are missing (_exp ending in the pbos)

If you want to play that mission, you either have to buy the expansion or edit the mission.sqm and delete those required mods (with the risq that some things may brake)

• Like 2

Aaaa... Kk thx

18 minutes ago, Cosmo_D41 said:

As it states, you are missing the APEX-Tanoa content. Do you own the expansion? Cause this are the modpacks, that are missing (_exp ending in the pbos)

If you want to play that mission, you either have to buy the expansion or edit the mission.sqm and delete those required mods (with the risq that some things may brake)

I will try this.. Thx BTW how about the something/ asset/ item/hose.. When I'm getting to fuel up my vehicle or repairing the fuel.. It will crash me up ingame then /asset/item/hose error something like that...

• Like 1

On 1/20/2017 at 1:11 AM, Cosmo_D41 said:

Didn't work huhuhu...it's also affect to all my save mission.. I can't resume.. Even i create my own mission and save it then resume.. It can't...sorry for the bad English... Even idelete all the a3_weapon_f_exp&a3_character_f_exp to all sgf.. Inside the pbo file.. Using pboviewer.. Huhuhu still can't save..if I buy that apex version can't afford it hahahaha... Too expensive..

Is this error related in some way to the mission.sqm file ? because I had this message on one of my mission and in the .sqm file of that same mission there weren't any of the faulty addons I got on the error mesage in the addons[]={....} section

Hey, I know it's like 4 years ago, but I have the same problem and not one of the messages above me solved my problem, or the instructions are just unclear. My problem is, when my friend joins me or I join him we get this text (See the photo) that's what my friend gets if he joins the mission I've created. I unloaded all the mods and then loaded them again bu20220714_222005.jpgt it didn't work, someone who can help pls? Because I spent a lot of hours making that missions, and now I can't even play them with my friend :(

You and your friends need to load all the mods you "chose" for creating your mission.

NB: btw, If you can't edit it, that means you lost some mods or some mods have changed some class names for objects/vehicles. The first question is: can you edit your mission?

If yes, go to editor scenario show required addons. This list is mandatory. Some of items are embedded in arma vanilla but you can have a good view of what every player needs to have as mods or DLCs.

Sometimes mods let a trace into your mission.sqm for nuts. Example CBA you could have loaded before the make of the mission, but not really used (no CBA modules in scenario...). The fact is you could need to load CBA for playing your mission, even there is no use of it. It's an example.

So, the basic rule : while creating a mission, just load mandatory mods/DLCs only. Discard all mods which have no use for that, like JSRS sound mod or enhanced movement.... and of course all unit/vehicle mods you don't use.

First, thank you for answering so fast, I was surprised it was even alive this forum. So I checked the 'show required addons' and me and my friend have all the mods needed. There was one thing missing, but then there was an option to 'force load' it so I did it. Then we tested again, but now we've got the same message with this time 1 or 2 mods less (see previous message photo). If I can remember good, it was the il76td mod and one more thing that disappeared this time. I really read your message over and over to fix it but I can't solve it. 

Yes I can edit the mission, Do I need to unload all the mods that I don't use in my scenario? 

51 minutes ago, Centurion-45e8c3fbfdc45978 said:

I was surprised it was even alive this forum.

Oh it definitely is 😉

Welcome to BI forums btw.

52 minutes ago, Centurion-45e8c3fbfdc45978 said:

Do I need to unload all the mods that I don't use in my scenario? 

Yes, only load those mods that the scenario requires, never edit a scenario with anything other then what

you plan to put into it, is the rule of thumb.

1 hour ago, Centurion-45e8c3fbfdc45978 said:

If I can remember good, it was the il76td mod

Was this the mod you were using? as that is the same name:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120419422

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centurion-45e8c3fbfdc45978 said:

Yes I can edit the mission, Do I need to unload all the mods that I don't use in my scenario? 

Yes...

The picture you shared says you cannot edit the mission. Not sure when you say you can do it.

If you can edit the mission, that means you have all the required mods.

If you can't, and you have access to mission.sqm (not binarized) the track for culprit can begin.

If your friends have the same DLCs & mods, and get an error, that's probably because one of the mod doesn't have the same version. So, check your sources (Steam or other sites) and the versions.

im having the same problem as well, does anyone know what's going on here i have all of cups mods as well as dc2 houses yet i cannot resume the game :?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Missing mod(s), or not updated, around CUP: check you have loaded : CUP Terrains - Core  + CUP Terrains - CWA (some maps like Malden) + of Course:  CUP Terrains - Maps

12 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Missing mod(s), or not updated, around CUP: check you have loaded : CUP Terrains - Core  + CUP Terrains - CWA (some maps like Malden) + of Course:  CUP Terrains - Maps

I have all of those loaded in the launcher 😞 still refuses