Sign in to follow this  
tacticaldrunk

HOW TO file a complaint with bohemia

basically have a complaint against a community threatening to take down our server if we continue to operate it... i guess it competes with their server somehow. anyways they made threats of DDos and to ban anyone that played on our server and theirs. can anything be done about this? also i have proof of this.

Nope, has nothing to do with Bohemia, best to consult your own lawyer.

thanks, you would think it would be some sort of TOS violation to DDos people and make threats because they started a server similar to yours.

thanks, you would think it would be some sort of TOS violation to DDos people and make threats because they started a server similar to yours.

There isn't much Bohemia can do against this, somehow banning their account or sending them a letter wouldn't stop them from continuing what they do except forcing them to buy again the game (minor inconvenience).

If any communications happened in the steam client/forums you could try reporting their account for harrasment to Steam but again don't expect much, a possible ban/lock down of his account and maybe a message from Steam. I expect any actions from Steam won't hinder them much and most likely enrage them more against you.

You could try contacting their game/forum server provider if they somehow break any TOS with them or their ISP.

yeh ill give that a try, i only ask because i remember bohemia shutting down a server because they found out the admin was doing such things.. but this was just hearsay nobody knew if it was true or not.

im deff going the law enforcement route, talked to a lawyer today and he said there was a few things that he could do.

This would be a legal issue, for which your best recourse would be the police or a lawyer, I'm afraid this is not an area we could or should intervene.