Sign in to follow this  
SSGKalle

Disable unitbar for teamleaders?

Is there any way to disable the taskbar for units in the bottom for teamleaders? I play only coop and have no need for the taskbar. I think it breaks immersion and gives me information i could not possible get as in people in my group is in vehicles or not.

Is there any way to disable the taskbar for units in the bottom for teamleaders? I play only coop and have no need for the taskbar. I think it breaks immersion and gives me information i could not possible get as in people in my group is in vehicles or not.

Unfortunately not. At least not in the game settings. But I'm certainly interested if there's an addon that does the job... Alternatively you could move the command bar (that's the name) in the interface-settings to a position outside of your screen.

is this what you're looking for ? Thread

G

I think he's talking about the command bar at the left bottom of the screen (where all units in your team are permanently listed with their respective status symbols).

Thats correct Pergor. I was thinking about making a AI player to groupleader and then in some way disable all the ai for this unit, i cant get him to get uninvolved in the actions anyway so he assigns targets and so on... Any suggestions on how to disable all the AI part of a unit and just make him a "drone" unit? :)

You could try to create him in editor, give him the highest rank and set probability of presence to 0.

Then join players his group.

You could try to create him in editor, give him the highest rank and set probability of presence to 0.

Then join players his group.

Yeah... Or just add this to the fake-groupleader-unit's init: "deleteVehicle this;"

After that every player in this unit's group would not be able to see the command bar. But the actual group leader (not the fake AI one) wouldn't be able to use the implemented command systems - everything (like placing waypoints) would have to be done manually (or verbally) - which could become problematic as soon as any sort of AI joins the group anyways (think of hostage-missions).

On the other hand, that'd be at least very immersive. :D

#edit: Tested it right now... It doesn't work, as the command goes to the next unit with the highest rank, as soon as the unit is being deleted... Another workaround would be to give your players a fake team leader and put this in it's init: "this enableSimulation false;this allowDamage false;hideObject this;".

That does work. It might be weird though, because the High Commander would still see the unit. But as long as you don't use the High Command this is probably exactly what you're looking for.

Edited by Pergor

I tried that Na_Palm didnt work. If he didnt spawn becaus or probablity of presence 0 the next player in rank got the role and he got the bar.

You get the same effect with deletevehicle. It just moves to the next player.

I found a sollution, the easiest way possible! You can enter options and move the bar all the way outside the screen and then just restart the game and you wont be able to see it anymore! That was so easy that i didnt think it would even be possible. :)

That was so easy that i didnt think it would even be possible. :)

Post #3. ;)