Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

No, thank you! Glad at least a few people like it. Should have an update in the next few days.

If you could pick, what feature would you like to see next in this HALO mod?

This one isnt as much a feature as I much as I would guess a tweak but as it is now you can only do one fully immersed (I guess thats the word?) jump before having to restart the mission. Every jump after that the plane is already at the drop location and there is no green light or decompression or anything like that its just as soon as your in the plane you can jump, as well as the cargo door already being open. Another feature that would be kind of cool is possibly packing parachutes and parachute malfunctions, maybe even secondary parachutes, not sure the difficulty level but that would be really cool. Finally, doesnt really go with this mod but static line parachuting would be good for training purposes. Those are just a few things I would like to see.

NOTICE:

This has been upgraded and absorbed into the full project: SpookWarCom.

This Thread will be Closed soon. Check the NEW page for more details.

Delete any Old/Test Mods, and upgrade to this new Spec-Ops System!

Thank You!

Hello very nice addons love,question,we can jump coop mision in group,like 6 people together????????

Hello very nice addons love,question,we can jump coop mision in group,like 6 people together????????

Yes. Should work fine. Don't re-route the aircraft, and it should be okay.

How do I get all my gear to save to the pack on my front when I have to take it off to put all the HALO stuff on?

Only thing I cant figure out!

Otherwise love the mod!!

Go talk to one of the guys behind the plane. Use your scroll-wheel to see more options.

Find "HALO Inspection". Clicking that will issue you your parachute and put your backpack

onto your front with your gear saved until you are boots-on-the-ground again.

NOTICE:

The "Stand-Alone" version of this is slightly out-of-date. All work is now in my

SpookWarCom project. Click Sig below.

I will likely resume stand-alone support though, but not for a while... Thanks!

I do this, when I click "HALO Inspection" it says Inspection Failed repack!

EDIT: Never mind, you cant put you PC or Uniform in your bag if they have stuff in!

Edited by Tom.Tucka

Need some help, I got the addon set up and the everything works fine until the actual jump. A guy I play with jumps out and instantly dies, and I fall for a little bit then die in the air can anyone think of a reason why and how to fix this problem?

Read two posts up.

This version is out-of-date. Try the NEW Module System in the SpookWarCom project. (BlackOps, SpecOps, Spooks, SPECWARCOM, etc). Let me know if you have better luck with that version.

Stand-Alone version will resume later this spring.

So, I have the standalone verision, is it updated now?

Also, I have a few questions for mission making.

Is it possible to call a script and finish a task before I get teleported into the air when I press the action button to fly away? Also is it possible to change the spawn location of the guys you need to talk to?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Sry, read the post dates wrong.

So you are going to keep working on this side or will that also be on the SpookyWarRoom?

Edited by SgtElis
Read wrong

Read two posts up.

This version is out-of-date. Try the NEW Module System in the SpookWarCom project. (BlackOps, SpecOps, Spooks, SPECWARCOM, etc). Let me know if you have better luck with that version.

Stand-Alone version will resume later this spring.

Goblin,

First of all I would just like to say how much my clan enjoy using your VQI HALO and Diver mods for our unit's Special Operations simulations.

I have used both mods extensively, but am always struggling to get to grips with the SpookWarCom mod and even today's latest release.

I'm putting down the XHR-1 in the editor with the HALO box, naming the Vampyre as VQI_HALO_XHR1 but when I go into game there is no load-master as there is in standalone.

I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Standalone VQI HALO version 1.4.1 works fine, changing out the latest pbo in SpookWarCom with the standalone doesn't solve the problem either.

Search online and in docs doesn't really help me with the required instructions so am at a loss.

Please if you have the time would you provide some extra guidance?

Many thanks

All the best

SSM Lancaster

qNBWPxb.jpg

Edited by CommandoUKSF

Thanks, man!

First, do not use any stand-alone versions. Use only SpookWarCom.

Second, where are you downloading from? Download from my Dropbox.

Third, I included all documentation and Editor Example Setup. You only need

the two HALO Modules. That's it. Easy Peasy. You DO NOT need to place any

aircraft or anything. Just MODULES ONLY. The Modules are the box-icons in

the Editor Menu. You do not need to name anything anymore. Module Only.

The 2 Modules are named: HALO - System ON and HALO - Jump Aircraft

(Note: I forgot to add the two extra crates to the Vampyre) Using USAF.

Goblin,

Thank you so much for your very fast reply.

I am sooooo...grateful to you because I had absolutely no idea the 'modules' were accessible via the 'boxes' on the edge of the editor, now I know that it was easy to get it all working.

I had been looking in the 'objects' all this time

We will be using your mod soon for an extensive Campaign set on the Australia and later Helvantis maps, can't wait to see what you have done with the SDVs later today.

Very happy indeed, many thanks again

Best regards

SSM Lancaster

qNBWPxb.jpg

Edited by CommandoUKSF

Hi, I love the look of this mod, only I can't seem to find the "Stingray" re-breather in the BIS arsenal.
I have tried reinstalling, with no luck, and I am being denied every jump.
Thanks

This "Stand-Alone" version of this is on hold until further notice.

This has been absorbed into my SpookWarCom systems pack:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176453-spookwarcom-darker-immersion-spec-ops-gameplay/

These new forums fucking suck. I can't post links, emoticons, etc from my phone. Just Google

it or copy/paste that link. This HALO System is out-of-date and likely will not work. The stand

alone version will be back later (next summer?). Use SpookWarCom to use the current HALO.

Can we get a version of this to put into our missions? Something where I can designate where the jump happens? I want to have players do a realistic HALO jump into battle.

Hello guys very nice mod but have error with up last up day, can you fixe please, thank alot man, the MOD is very awesome

The mod is no longer supported, as there is a combined one now, which is being updated right now.

I have just downloaded this:--->   \[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System    

from Armaholic. I aslo downloaded the C-17 and I need to get some answers about using Your Mod.

1. Is this mod the correct mod to use. i see some mentions about the "Spook War Com" mod and I'm not sure if i'm suppose to abandon this WIP Von Quest Industries - HALO System and use "Spook War Com instead? Can You please clear the confusion about that?

2. If I'm to use this ( WIP Von Quest Industries - HALO System) where in the download package is the test map?

3. i don't have a C130 only the C-17 so do i just name anyone of them? There are about 15 C-17s in the C-17 download

4. Where do I download the C130 if i need to use it other-vise the C-17 will do ?

5. I do not find any test maps in the Demon-Jumper\ HALO System     (download)

6. Do i need another addon for the 'Jumpmaster'? If so where do i get that?

6. Is there a youyube tutorial for this mod?

Having trouble getting this to work with the C130. I downloaded from the link, i put in VQIHALO1 into the variable name for it, but it refuses to work... mod looks really good, but I don't know how to use it.

- DO NOT USE -

This Project was upgraded and evolved into L.E.A.P

You can download and follow the current version here or click on any project link in my Forum Signature (below).