Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

So, if I understand correctly, this mod allows you to HALO from a stationary C130 on the ground, that will get you up in the air? There is now way we can use a real player pilot with this, that will fly us to the drop zone? I love the features of this mod, but I think our community wants to fly to location themselves. :)

Greetings mate.

If you HALO from the ground C130, you might skin a knee; or perhaps bark a shin.

Kidding. I'm here all week. Tip your waitress. :p

Technically yes, spite what most will say. It would be clunky though. You can not

walk around inside a moving vehicle. You could not walk around inside, then run out

the back when you get the Green Go-Light.

Maybe in v2 I can build something where the pilot clicks an option which would

freeze the aircraft in place. As I type this, I already see the code in my head...

Goblin GREAT STUFF!!! Many thanks!

I remember in Arma 2 (I think it was 2) there was an EOD mod.

You could use a speaker to warn the crowd to disperse (like in a town) when something was detected. You could also search people, randomly find intel - then arrest, call a helo for extraction. Kind like http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16289

There was also that EOD dog:

Anyhoo - not trying to add to your work/fun load. Just see you as someone who might be good at recreating that sort of depth.

Hey Dude, at first i have to say that like your addon very much!

We run your adoon on our server und get these logs:

"2014/07/31, 3:40:50 Error Undefined variable in expression: _crewmaster

2014/07/31, 3:40:50 File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\vqi_demondropper.sqf, line 306

2014/07/31, 3:40:51 Error in expression <chemlight_blue" createVehicle (position _dem

onPortal);

lightC130 attachTo [VQI>

2014/07/31, 3:40:51 Error position: <_demonPortal);

lightC130 attachTo [VQI>

2014/07/31, 3:40:51 Error Undefined variable in expression: _demonportal

2014/07/31, 3:40:51 File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\vqi_demondropper.sqf, line 311"

My friend says to me, that your PBO isnt running on a dedicated server and i want to know whether you still work on it!?

If yes, is there a date you want to update these? :)

At least i have two other questions, do you want to make these addon compatible with other planes, maybe like the Boing C17 and do you want to make animations for the way to halo-jump-area, so that the plane is not so static as at the moment?

Thx a lot for the coming answer and your donated time for the community. ;)

Is there a way to start in the aircraft - halo check done and ready to jump?

For the more clandestine operations and maps w. out runways.

@Needer

Thanks! My EOD Thread is here though...

@YesYoa

Thank You!! Yes, I'm aware of the errors in the logs. Everything is working great, so its low priority. And Yes, I will be continuing on this mod. Its my first and favorite, so it will continue to grow. Getting it to work fully in dedi is very low priority for me, but it will be done at some point. Don't know much about it though. Any help would be great. If its just using if isDedicated || isServer type tags, that I can do. Yes, there will be at least the C17 added soon. And the last question I'm not sure what you mean. Animations?

@Baagoe

Sure. You don't need the C130 parked on the ground. Just name anything VQI_HALO_C130. I recommend just placing my HALO Crate down and then name that. It will work the same. Good Luck! Have Fun! And if you don't sprain an ankle, you pulled too high! :cool:

The Cargo Lights and sounds are broken after you request a new flight plan. Trigger wasent getting attached after the move or it wasent big enough. Attaching it to the C130 it self seemed to fix it.

Your Code

//move Trigger into new pos? NOT WORKING IF CLIENT!
trgCargo attachTo [newClick,[0,0,0]];
trgCargo setPos newClick;

Fixed Code

trgCargo attachTo [VQIHALO2,[0,0,0]];
trgCargo setPos VQIHALO2;

Yup. Thanks. Just haven't had time to go back and update yet. I've moved onto my EOD and Diver Projects.

Re-Routing of the Flights is unstable and not working well in Multi-Player yet. Keep the feedback coming guys! :D

Hoping to go back and update by October since I need my own C-130 Model (or a temp replacement) for MANW.

a small question .. i tried to ware the slipstream as indbendent and i can't .. any advice??

Its only configured for BLUFOR. I think I can set it to do both. I'll have to look into it...

The Cargo Lights and sounds are broken after you request a new flight plan. Trigger wasent getting attached after the move or it wasent big enough. Attaching it to the C130 it self seemed to fix it.

Your Code

trgCargo attachTo [newClick,[0,0,0]];
trgCargo setPos newClick;

Fixed Code

trgCargo attachTo [VQIHALO2,[0,0,0]];
trgCargo setPos VQIHALO2;

Not sure exactly how to fix this cause I always thought the little sound and all was pretty cool so I figured you just open up the vqi_halo.pbo file and edit it there but it didn't fix it. It actually prevented me for launching, so I was curious if I was doing something wrong or what not. If it's set up like that so people don't modify Goblins work sorry Goblin just thought it might be a hotfix we could do till the next new patch><

@About starting mid-flight?

Wouldent that spawn a floating crew-chief w. a box outside the aircraft in mid-flight?

Hey guys, love the mod. I was wanting to use it on one of my recent missions but found out after a hour or so of trying to get it to work that the map was not supported. If you could add support for it or tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it.

Map: Isola di Capraïa (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12961)

Is there any possibility this can get integrated with the Ivory IL76? Or does anyone know how to make it work with it?

@GaretteMorgan (and anyone with similar issue)

Some parts are not yet fully MP ready. AND Low-Level 'normal' Jumps DO NOT have the lights or audio... just jump when ready.

@Baagoe

What!? Gearing-up is part of the fun. Can you give a little more background? Are you comfortable with scripts? I may write something you can insert into your map/mission so you can start in the plane. Are you already geared up at start?

@Warden_1

Sure! I see its an A2 Map though. Will that work? You need to open the config viewer and find me the WorldName. It MUST be exact. Guessing it will be just capraia? If you can do that, I can add the code quick and upload an update.

@SeaHawk123

Whats wrong with the C130? Great aircraft! I can look into adding it or doing a custom setup, but it will be a long wait. Late fall or early winter. Can I ask why the IL?

Edited by Goblin

@SeaHawk123

Whats wrong with the C130? Great aircraft! I can look into adding it or doing a custom setup, but it will be a long wait. Late fall or early winter. Can I ask why the IL?

Null problem with tha C-130, I guess that Seahawk123 is asking for Il-76 support cus, as myself would ask it too, it is awkward to create a mission with RUSSIAN units (from Sudden´s or Chairborne mods) and have to use an American plane to HALO jump, whe we already have a big russian Transport/cargo plane available to do that ;)

cheers!

Okay. Roger that.

Makes sense. I was looking at it from my ego-centric myopic American view point. :p No problem. Will add it to the list along with the C17 as well. I'll push up the update to the next one. If I have time this weekend, I'll try and do it. Hopefully it won't take too long. (famous last words) I'm behind schedule with the larger overall project. This HALO mod is just one part of my larger modular project that includes the Sniper, EOD, and Diver mods as corner stones.

Check back this weekend, and with a little luck, I'll have an update with the two extra planes.

Cheers!

Hey, Okay I found it in the CfgWorldList in the config file, if you ever need to tell anyone else how its just there as a class like this:

class CfgWorldList {
class IsolaDiCapraia {};
};

So I believe it is "IsolaDiCapraia"

*IL-76

Ok, just downloaded this... There is NO Cargo Hold to walk around in. How did you want me to set this up?

You can't jump out per the usual method. Did you want to spawn in the Air for an Auto-Halo? Or did you

want to be put in the cargo seat in third-person view, then EJECT when ready? :confused:

Am I doing this right? I've equipped my solo character with the suit, rebreather, helmet, and jumpbuddy, and I have an empty C130 cargo named VQI_HALO_C130, but pressing the watch key just brings up the watch and I have no use options or anything to actually begin the jump. Am I missing something?

1. Go see the guy (Jumpmaster) in the back of the plane. Walk up to him and you'll get more options. Use your Scroll-Wheel. He has a handful of options. SITREP, Re-Route of flight, Inspection, etc.

2. Open the Cargo Hold, and the guy (Crewmaster) inside the plane has 2 more options to move you into the actual plane in the air. HALO or PARA Jump.

X. The ground plane itself has HALO/PARA Gear in it as well. Plus an option to turn back ON some night lighting if its too dark out.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

UPDATE: v1.3

Changelog: v1.3

=====================

-NEW: added support for C-17!

-NEW: added support for IL-76*

*limited; not recommended

-Map Supported: Isola Di Capraia

-tweaked Crate (was sunken)

Naming Format:

C-130...... VQI_HALO_C130

C-17........VQI_HALO_C17

IL-76........VQI_HALO_IL76

This was a quicker update. So its barely been tested. DO NOT recommend re-routing of flights in MP yet. Will get to that later.

Enjoy!!! Lockheed C-17 Globemaster is FRICKEN AWESOME!!!! :cool:

Edited by Goblin
update v1.3

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to have more than one C130 that you can halo jump with, and if so how would I do it? Thanks in advance!

No problem. I forgot to add the Takistan Climate, so the Altimeter might show an error for the Temp Readout. Sorry. I will add fix later if that's ok?