Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

Hey is there any way to change where you get the greenlight? Do you put the marker down yourself? Just started playing with the mod and when I request sitrep it sets the position so I am guessing i just put that marker down where i want the jump to be

EDIT:

Nevermind just read through the other pages! Great work :) Love the mod

Edited by scooterperpetual

I got confused by one of the responses...trying to do Static lines in the future or no? Either way, bang up work.

I haven't read all the posts, but I've just played the update and encountered a few bugs.

- Jumped out and pressed GPS, it then gave a hint to get ready to jump.

-looked down my torso at my bag and it seemed to be lower than my knees. Is this correct or is the offset not fixed yet?

- I'd loaded a bag full of kit to change into, which I could do but I still have the goggles view even though I took the helmet off.

- stuck in first person view when on the ground.

I'm not urging for an immediate fix, just wanted to know the situation on them. Not sure if they've been pointed out yet, but if they have can someone tell me if there is a way to fix these ourselves or are they being looked at as we speak.

Really like this mod btw, especially the Navy Seals theme, nice touch! haha!

cheers.

*ps be really cool combining this with my off shore platform. Linking up with a sub and going in all stealthy. hehe!

@Abshire

Thanks man. Static-Line would be the opposite of HALO. So, no. This Addon is HALO only; NOT a "parajump" addon. No plans at this point. Not sure if its even possible since you can't really ride in a moving vehicle and walk around inside at the same time. From what I understand, its a game-engine thing. What is the ArmA engine? PhysX? Anyway, sorry. Maybe in the future...

@SpookyGnu

Thanks. Downloaded your platform the other day, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Looks insane bro! Very cool. Was planning on making my own platform/oil thingy at some point.

-Once you're geared-up, there is no GPS or Map. I did this to simulate that everything is packed away. You need to plan ahead. Plus, don't forget that there is a basic GPS built into your JumpBuddy.

-The scripts I wrote start when you enter the jump plane. When you jump too early, they are still running and you will continue to get the hints. This was more for de-bugging. I'm going to remove them soon and want put in a something that will throw you off course IF you jump before the green/go signal.

-The knees thing. Don't think I can do anything with this, as this is a BIS animation deal. No matter where I put the bag on your front, the knees will sometimes come up as part of the natural animation that BIS put in when under-canopy and clip through the bag graphic. Very minor issue. I'm fine with it and no plans to try and fix. Not sure if I can...

-Stuck 1st-person view. Try to re-download again. Others had this problem as well. I believe it was just a glitch. Possibly a other-mod-conflict. I've done over a hundred jumps now I think with testing, and only had that issue pop up once or twice. A planned update will be more versatile with views maybe. Not sure when. At some point I will have both 1st and 3rd. One motivation for just 1st, is in 3rd you can see the ATL altitude at the top of your screen bruising some immersion. I love 1st-person view when jumping, so its kinda low on my list. A 1st-person view for this HALO feels more immersive to me. I'm still back-and-forth with this feature...

I love the audio as well! DirtyDel sent a Navy Seals vid to me. What a major pain in the ass to convert YouTube audio. And to get all that lighting, audio, and efx into that part of the addon, phew! Even though I have more tweaks and polish coming, I'm very happy with how this all turned out for my first attempt at gaming design and coding.

@DirtyDel

(speaking of which) If you send me the personal audio you recorded, I would love to take a listen. And as for the graphics, there are merged together. I will be doing segregated layers in the future, but in early testing and development I merged them by taking a few short-cuts to speed things up and to experiment to see if my vision was even feasible.

Thanks for the info goblin!

Would be right in assuming we will get the chance to choose our drop locations. This was one feature i particulaly liked about the a2 version. Being able to map click a point a insert near the target without hiking for miles gave alot more playability.

Roger that. I DO have a map-click option in the Download. There is an WIP example ready in the Editor-Mission included. Use your Radio Trigger (press 0-0) to pull it up after it fully loads. You'll have to wait several seconds to build itself before tying it.

0-0-9 is for the map-click option and 0-0-0 is to unlock the 3rd-person option when in freefall IF anyone wants to use them. They are already built into the Editor-Mission. Just grab the SQF files and use them in your own Maps/Missions how you want. You'll just need to decide and setup how they are called (activated). They are in the wip folder. Even though labeled WIP; they both should work just fine.

Just haven't yet decide how to implement in an upcoming update. Was going to do a cool office addon that would 'click' into my other mods coming. But I may just add to the JumpMaster for a quick interim option. Especially since Altis is SO damn freaking huge! Now that I'm typing this, that's a good idea. I'll go ahead and add that into the 'core' of this Mod itself so you won't have to goof around with any custom setups for the new or coding-shy public.

Note to self: Move this to top of list!

I'll add this to next update then this or perhaps, next weekend.

Hey just asking, is there any chance that you would release just the walkable C130 as a script?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the addons, but my clan is not implementing it and it would be cool to just have the walkable C130 to implement in simple missions.

thoroughly enjoy this addon man, very well executed. might be a long stretch but if possible could you make an option that would enable you to teleport into the bird from the laptop? this way the mod can still be used on maps that have no airfields (FATA for example). basically eliminating the need to have a c130 on the ground. still have a requirement for the jumpmaster to JMPI you before you can teleport into the bird. i know this takes just a notch of realism away but i believe the gains are greater as it can be used on more maps. continue the great work man.

oh almost forgot, maybe put a crewchief in the back of the bird while in flight. maybe make it so that the player can talk to the crewchief to get the flight changed instead of using the radio commands, thus freeing up the radio thing for other things.

but yeah, good stuff man.

I have already modified goblins script go be used as quick, lightweight, halo drop. I have not asked permission to release it, because i know he has worked hard on it and has many great ideas for future releases; however, if goblin would allow a modified release, or if he would release a modified version: a version not requiring a location for the c130 and precise drop points is already possible.

Edited by DirtyDel

@Antorugby

The C-130 isn't mine. You'd have to ask theebu for a 'walkable' version. (if I read that right) But you can not walk around in a moving vehicle technically. Or are you asking for just the teleport part?

@TheDog88

Some great ideas. (btw, love the ARP2 pack! Been using it for months) Will look into those features for next possible update. Was already planning on the extra crewchief in back. Some good points I never really thought of.

If you want to start from a non-airstrip location without the empty C-130 on the ground -- just place a Sphere (under Objects > Helpers) and place it at 5.5m. Then add the code to the init box: hideObject this; Then just name it the same: VQIHALO1 Bingo. The addon will never know the difference. Shhhhh. I won't tell if you won't.

@DirtyDel

Please do not release an altered version publicly. If you want to email/pm someone with changes, that's ok with me. Once you have something in private, you can change, tinker, destroy, twist, tweak however you want. Being my very first addon, its my baby and I'm a little extra sensitive right now.

@Antorugby

The C-130 isn't mine. You'd have to ask theebu for a 'walkable' version. (if I read that right) But you can not walk around in a moving vehicle technically. Or are you asking for just the teleport part?

Yeah, I mean the C130 teleport in the air and you can walk around, that part.

I tried to do it like it was done on Arma 2, with an object and the attachTo, but everytime I move go in the free fall animation.

So I was thinking if you would release just that part or maybe if you can help me achieve that, even in private, but I understand perfectly if you won't, so no worries if you are not comfortable with it! :)

Great addon anyway, I love it I'll continue to use it everytime I can!

Edited by Antorugby

hey man honored to hear you enjoy my pack and i look forward to seeing the next update on this. oh i did have a question, the jump buddy is way to big on my screen, is there a way to scale it down or even move it? cant really read it.

EDIT: just did your little trick with the sphere, so far so good :) good stuff man

Edited by Thedog88

@TheDog88

The JumpBuddy seems to be too big on several machines. Not sure why. I think it has to to with what's called the SafeZone. I'm kinda fuzzy on this. On my machines, its not much bigger than your watch. Being the dev, it looks perfect on my machines. You have a screenshot by chance? Maybe I should add this to the top of the list as well. What is your monitor res/ratio?

@Antorugby

You right on track with the attachTo. Keep trying different values so you're above the area/floor/etc before you detach.

Edited by Goblin

ill get a screeny for you this evening, its actually still usable so its not as bad as i thought. my screen res is pretty shitty (1360x768) because im on a 32 inch TV until i get my tri monitor setup... heres some issues we had last night.

put the sphere down like you mentioned, pshhhhh our secret. got in game, i was the SL and my buddy under me, he had no actions (inspection, cleared for takeoff etc) however i did. we restarted and he came in as SL and we were able to run the jump process no issues one time. he died, respawned and lost the actions, but i still had them. it might be a mod conflict but im not sure. its till awesome and we had great fun so im not complaining, ill keep you posted if this continues to be an issue and try and help you debug ;)

from a real world paratroopers perspective though, LOVE THIS ADDON BAAAAAAAAH

Firstly let me just say this addon is fantastic, really does add so much more immersion to a HALO drop. I cant wait to see where you take this in the future.

Secondly i would just like to enquire as has been mentioned previously, about the possiblity for a version of this addon or indeed a method of implementing with what he have currently.

A way to start in the back of the C130 ready to jump, currently what we have is great and as a training scenario is spot on. But from a mission point of view, having to request a flight plan, and get all your kit isnt a viable option for most missions.

So for clarity what i'm asking, is the possibility of starting in the back of the C130, in the air ready to go. With a mission maker defined drop point... Or the ability to define an area where the drop zone will be (like a 2x2km box).

As i say the current version is great for training, but i'd like to put that training into practice in missions.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

so, im not sure if this is related to the map or what not but on clafghan everytime we halo jump into rough terrain we explode on impact... literally there is an explosion and we die lol anybody else have that issue?

I heard in the last Intel Report that they just shipped in some of that new exploding-sod from Acme.

I don't know, I don't think they'll sell too much... public safety hazard and all.

Same opinion like Shadow.D. ^BOB^... Starting mission in the back of the C130! I experimentalized in editor but I haven't the skills to add this...:butbut:

I asked goblin before his beta release if we could start in a c130. After weeks working with his code, i dont think this could be achieved without taking a total different approach to the mod. It essentially would be a whole new mod, with all new script. However, making small modifications to goblins code and using the nimitz carrier mod, an easy way to start a mission, gear up, and jump, is possible. I will not be sharing it publicly, nor soon- goblins newest update has set me back (i now have to edit this version). Pm me and i keep you mind when i finish editing.

Goblin, i plan to release a mission soon that utilizes your mod and my edits. Do you know how we could turn the mod into a folder within the mission folder?

@DirtyDel

Thanks for the static-line link. Very cool. For every post here, I think I get double the PMs.

Please do not unPBO my work to re-release in missions. You can do anything in private or share

privately with buddys, clans, etc. The Addon must be as-is if using in a publicly released mission,

or other project. It must be a "required addon" along with theebu's C130J. Separate Download.

At the very least, post an alternate-code version here at the 'official source' so there is no

confusion, misrepresentation, or general shenanigans that may unfold undermining my work.

Thank You! ;)

Notice:

Should have an update to v1.1.0 tomorrow if I can find the time. This week for sure...

Some main features I did quick this past weekend:

-Added the option to change the Flight with the Jumpmaster

(this will still be random, but you will be able to Map-Click the area you want, need HQ approval)

-Added IF you jump before the GREEN/GO, then will be very likely to be thrown WAY off-course

(the quicker you jump, the farther you may end up away from the intended DropZone; the closer you Jump to GREEN, the closer you will be)

-Removed mandatory locked 1st-person view. Now you will have the Helmet-view only if in 1st-person view. Altimeter will work in both!

Edited by Goblin

hey man, we had a locality issue with the map click.

geared up, got JMPI'd nd then my buddy requested a new flight, we all got the map click option and when we clicked we all got different c130s :( also, in MP non dedicated we still had the issue where the whole process wouldnt execute. we would be in the back of the bird waiting for a long time and nothing would happen, so we just jumped. not sure why it was doing that... just to let you know ;)

MP is a dark mistress... Should have these issues ironed out before update.

For the MP lighting/audio - the host pc has to be in the plane. Is this what you

were referring to? Can you be specific. MP testing here, works great... :confused:

ok so we tried it a few different ways

first way, me (host) am group leader. we grab our gear, my buddy has no options to get inspected or clear for takeoff.

2nd way, my buddy is the group leader and i (host) am just a team member. we get gear, pack it, and we both have options to get inspected. we get inspected and pick our drop zone via the radio command. we get on the plane and we both get cleared for takeoff options. we clear for takeoff.

this we tried in 2 different ways

first one, my buddy clears for takeoff first, i follow. we are both on the bird in flight, nothing further happens.

2nd one, i go first, he follows. both on the bird, nothing follows.

we did test this on a custom mission so maybe something got messed up during installation into the mission. what ill do sometime this week is use the example mission and test the same thing through that. ill report back.