Sign in to follow this  
][niipaa

[MP] CO-08 Korner Kampers

Howdy again forum goers. Been awhile, and I've been busy, though not so much with ArmA. I think however, that this mission I've been sitting on for almost 6 months now is about ready for a release. I will preface this release with this disclaimer:

Support given for this mission (Bug fixes, FAQs, content addition) will be extremely limited.

Not because I don't want to help, but I sadly do not have the time anymore to dedicate to ArmA as I'd like. Without further ado however, here is the mission download and description.

Current Version: V0.25 (Fourth Release)

Download: ArmAholic

Download Size: ~500kb - Includes both Source Mission Folder for editing and MP Mission .pbo

Mission Description: You are a small team of resistance fighters enlisted into NATO operations whose goal is to defend a town from a never-ending onslaught of OPFOR for as long as possible. Think King of the Hill style gameplay.

Features:

• Lightweight Squad Dialog for simple join and leave operations of other player's squads.
  • A Fortification System that can be used between waves to build small walls or mighty bases.
  • A Custom and In-Game Parameter Configurable AI Spawning Engine that should keep the fun going well into the night.
  • AI Skill and the composition of Groups (How many riflemen, AT soldiers, etc.) can also be configured in the Parameters.
  • Wave Length, Initial Grace Period, and Wave Downtime are all configurable as well.
  • Three playable towns which can be selected via Parameter. (More to be added when I find the time).
  • Celery's Jukebox (For BGM)
  • A 20-Track Soundtrack provided by Brian Tyler, Chris Blackwell, and DanMan87 Soundtrack has been removed until Core Mission is functioning properly.
  • Support for Massi's NATO/SF/Spetsnaz weapon addon via Parameter.

And I think that about covers it. This mission does not really innovate or reinvent the wheel, but was created for the sole purpose of starting up ArmA, jumping in with some friends, and trying to wax as many baddies as possible before inevitably running out of ammo or dying (Or both). I know that the group I roll with has enjoyed it quite a lot, and figured I might see if there is any other small band of gangsters out there who just want yet another hold-out style mission that cuts straight to the good stuff.

As far as the source mission goes, any content that was created by myself (Excluding Celery's Jukebox and Audio Tracks), is free to use as you please in your own missions and elsewhere. No credit is required, though it is always appreciated. The hope is that it will help someone, somewhere learn something more about ArmA, or at the very least give them something neat to use in their next mission. The mission itself is also open-source and welcome to changes, under the aforementioned rule set. So get scriptin', and get buildin'!

In closing, I will do my best to fix mission breaking bugs with urgency, but by downloading you accept the fact that it might not be as speedy as you like.

A special thanks to Celery for making a futureproof script that's made implementing BGMs a much more enjoyable experience, and to my friends for the hours of testing. And to anyone who downloads the mission, you don't even have to like it!

-CHANGELOG-

V0.25

-Removed: Music - Will be re-implemented when the rest of the mission is working as intended. There's no reason to continuously download a broken 17MB mission.

-Fixed: Fortification Addactions. This is a hopeful fix, not a for sure. But fingers crossed.

V0.20

-Removed: Revive - Wasn't functioning properly.

V0.15

-Fixed: Required old addon that wasn't ever present in mission. This mission should require NO addons.

Edited by ][Niipaa
Updated...Again.

The download link does not work

Sorry about that Big, it was kind of a mad scramble yesterday to try and fix this POS. The download link should be working in the main post now.