samrmur

C-17 Globemaster lll - ArmA 2 Mod (Alpha Stage, needs lots of work)

I think that has to be done in the rvmat file.

It is caused by one of two things, the specular setting in the rvmt, or the smdi has the hull at too bright a setting.

The Smdi file is what controls the reflection and shine values with the RGB channels.

Res is unused (white)

Green is the specular map, the darker colors reflect less light whereas the white ones reflect more light, a difference of matte vs glass.

Blue is the gloss map (not to be confused with the gloss setting in the rvmat, which dictates how wide the reflection is), the whiter a pixel is the less reflection it will display. So for example pure black on the green channel would render the texture to reflect little to no light, but if you pain the gloss map black then it will reflect like a mirror.

Mind that you don't use pure white either, that seems to screw with the shading..a more 66 in RGB paint brush slots makes a nice neutral grey and 79 across the board makes a nice non reflective spot.

Edited by NodUnit

Attention

The wrong person was credited for this project, I also have full permission from him to continue building this project. The original author is MUKCEP.

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

New update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@c_17.png

Heey man,

i tested out the plane further and i noticed that you can still Attach Cargo, Detach Cargo and Open/Close the Doors when the plane is destroyed. If you click "Attach Cargo" your vehicle will be moved in the dead body of the plane.

But its nice to see that there is no more shine on the plane.

Chris [2.TacFor] ~ Germany

//Edit a few moments later....

Here are some pics with the newest Update which has been released.

http://i.imgur.com/bWWXWEl.jpg (125 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/XayzcaM.jpg (120 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/JNbmoYf.jpg (145 kB)

Another few seconds later:

Visit my Website, i will upload more pics of the C-17 III there.

Edited by christian2526

UPDATED to v1.2

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

Thanks for that christian, I will take a look at it.

Same here, cannot Attach Vehicles

Yes, the attach vehicles is not working in the Arma 2 version. But the C-17 is a very awesome addon.

Found the problem, I'm going to upload a new version tonight, you will be able to attach vehicles again.

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you the new version. It's cool. :)

This addon very useful in ours multiplayer battlefiled. The air bridge with the HAF Globemasters is life-saver for the land units. :)

Hey i would to post some Bugs that i found in the RPT.

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:VIEW_GUNNER Error while trying to generate ST for points: 13055, 13053, 13052 (A lot of them changes the numbers at the end every warning)

then i got these:

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:0 Face 15011, point 10806, face points 10799,10806,10805 - very small normal -0,0,-0

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:0 Face 26811, point 22589, face points 22591,22587,22589 - very small normal -0,0,-0

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:0 Face 26851, point 22478, face points 22480,22478,22476 - very small normal -0,0,-0

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:0 Face 26885, point 22396, face points 22398,22396,22394 - very small normal -0,0,-0

Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

Warning: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d:VIEW_PILOT Error while trying to generate ST for points: 22032, 22034, 22033 (like the VIEW_GUNNER same with the numbers at the end , with VIEW_Cargo also , a lot of shadow warnings are in there )

hope i could help to find some bugs

keep the good work forward

greetz Frostie

The model I like.

but, the Geometry LOD is still not closed.

go to

->Structure ->Convexity ->find non convexities

click on a non-convex Faces and go to

->Structure ->Convexity -> Component convex Hull

....finish

Also missing still a lot mass-points.

Greeting S@ndBob

Sorry guys about the wait, I'm waiting for someone to give me the new interior for the C-17.

Sorry guys, I kinda lost interest in the project, but I'm going to start again, expect an update in a week or so.