johnhansen

[WIP] Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF)

Sorry Chortles if It sounded ambiguous, I just can´t edit my post sometimes (don´t know if it is a Chrome bug or BIS foruns bug... I´ll bet in the second reason lol), I´ve just mentioned the Gripen cus we had previously asked permition to GranQ to use his upcoming aircraft, was just to illustrate all cases of using just the hidden selection instead of the whole model =)

But anyway, now we have it officially stated lol thanks a lot bro! (lets see if Aplion agrees too...)

Nice... front bag its the Reserve 'chute ?

Yes its the reserve chute :)

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

To be clear, I've worked on the M113 (NOT the Gripen, nor JohnHansen's work) and am not a contributor to this mod, but I am setting up hiddenSelections so that people can retexture the M113 family in Brazilian military camouflage patterns if they so wish. :)

Very good Chortles...

If you want to contribute with the Brazilian m113 mod would be very grateful :)

Nice john, you just need to find a way to change the grip in the parachute

Ckrauslo, you mean the .rtm file that define the animation of the unit, just like the "Static Line Parachute Mod" being made by a Canadian clan. It would be cool if we could edit it same way those guys did, making the unit with parachute make a feet together stance, its the correct stance on para drops.

I think Ckrauslo meant that the soldier´s hands weren´t gripping the parachutes cords while manouvering, they´re holding thin air ;)

John, outstanding work so far, you´re just making us more eager to play with those brazilian units!

BTW, you should use Dezkit´s T-6 Texan model (with his approval of course) to retexture as A-29 SUperTucano, it would be awesome as a CAS plane =D

cheers!

;2675524']I think Ckrauslo meant that the soldier´s hands weren´t gripping the parachutes cords while manouvering' date=' they´re holding thin air ;)

John, outstanding work so far, you´re just making us more eager to play with those brazilian units!

BTW, you should use Dezkit´s T-6 Texan model (with his approval of course) to retexture as A-29 SUperTucano, it would be awesome as a CAS plane =D

cheers![/quote']

Yeah, and that's what modding the parachute rtm (animation) file will bring to us: the correct position of the hands and also feet, because no "PQD" drop with a T-10 with open lags, that's a stance for steerable parachutes like the MC-5. You can see what can be done with the rtm file on this mod. Ckrauslo was completely correct with his appointment, what I mean to say is that it can be done in other file that the P3D model file of the T-10. =) Got it?

Also, I support the idea of the T-6 Texan, but the actual version of the addon doesn't have weapons. I believe that only modding the P3D and Config.cpp would make it possible, but its a great idea.

About the textures, realy good work there John! But don't you think the color of the boot of the Marines and Army soldiers are very similar?

Yeah, and that's what modding the parachute rtm (animation) file will bring to us: the correct position of the hands and also feet, because no "PQD" drop with a T-10 with open lags, that's a stance for steerable parachutes like the MC-5. You can see what can be done with the rtm file on this mod. Ckrauslo was completely correct with his appointment, what I mean to say is that it can be done in other file that the P3D model file of the T-10. =) Got it?

Also, I support the idea of the T-6 Texan, but the actual version of the addon doesn't have weapons. I believe that only modding the P3D and Config.cpp would make it possible, but its a great idea.

About the textures, realy good work there John! But don't you think the color of the boot of the Marines and Army soldiers are very similar?

Yeah it's true, it's part of the training" Pulem com os pés juntos e mãos nos peitos e contem 1, 2,3 e velame" with the velame part holding the cords

dont thank me thank obama!

it looks really good btw

Loved it, but i hope i dont have the same problem with the original version, none of the cockpit instruments work, and the texture on the outside is replaced by instrumemts, i do have the base files

Loved it, but i hope i dont have the same problem with the original version, none of the cockpit instruments work, and the texture on the outside is replaced by instrumemts, i do have the base files

The T-6 had some seeerious updates recently, check it out at dezkit´s thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171865-Ivory-Aircraft-T-6A-Yak-42D-MiG-29K-F-15C-and-GR-4

It is quickly evolving ;D

i do have the base files

Maybe that´s the problem... since Dezkit created a new thread for this expanded Ivory aircraft mod, there´s no more need for the base files! Maybe it is messing with the T-6 v1.4, cus it is working quite alright (instruments and all) for me =)

I never tought on removing the base files... I will try that thks

Marines look amazing!

Every time i played with lingor units in A2 i was picturing them as Brazilian soldiers.

Do you plan on importing some of the vehicles from the A2 sample models or do everything on your own?