johnhansen

[WIP] Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF)

I had an emotional reaction.

What license will you release this under? It would be magnificent if hiddenselections allow us to retexture them (the Leo 1 is certainly prolific across many armies) and unbinarized p3ds would go a long, long way to make it even better.

Hey John! Whenever possible, would you please check your Private Messages, thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

---

Name: Hugo

Nickname: Joey_Ansbach

Steam: Joey_Rennd

Battlefield 2(2005) Project Reality(2007-2014) player

Brazil

if you need help just tell me and I have several Blueprints of MBTS, Helicopter here at my computer for example Guarani, Osorio MBT and EE-17 SUCURI (substitute Rattlesnake)

Osorio sucks, ask to the people who drove it

Great one John, I was talking with Ckrauslo about the weapons and definely the FAL and PARA-FAL its a must have necessity of the mod. Leopard its one of our most recent aquisitions in terms of MBT's, and Osorio was a good ideia in the political point of view but, like Ckrauslo said, it was definely sucks. Anyway, keep up that good work with the mod, we're very anxious to finaly have it.

Nice! Could you modify the .skm animation so the stance of the player would be holding the magazine, like a 2nd version of the rifle (Ex: PARA-FAL; PARA-FAL Mag Grip) got it? Ckrauslo told me some tips about what he learn with US army, and what he told its true: the brazilian way to hold a weapon its definely wrong, cause it will increase the soldier's silhouette.). Good models!

These are very nice looking. I realize that feature requests are frequent and sometimes annoying, but do you believe you might go on to create an L1A1 SLR from the groundwork you've laid with the FAL? It would be tremendous for British cold war scenario makers. =)

Great work John do you plan release some of the vehicles to allow edit they as retexture all the stuf

Nice work, I can´t wait to use IA2 rifle.

Are you considering any opposition force? any Red force? or hypothesis of conflict? That would be nice.

Cheers

Nice work there John, T-10 look's almost done and MC-5 its realy awesome. It will need a script to make the animation of that "Pilot Chute" in the back of the Parachute so it will shake just like the real one. Realy good work, keep it up!

JohnHansen, you´re a machine, maaaan! loving it all so far, gotta tell you I´m quite anxious to test units of yours!

Don´t forget to ask Aplion permition to use his UH-60 blackhawks so you can retexture to EF colors and insignias!

cheers bro ;)

;2674876']JohnHansen' date=' you´re a machine, maaaan! loving it all so far, gotta tell you I´m quite anxious to test units of yours!

Don´t forget to ask Aplion permition to use his UH-60 blackhawks so you can retexture to EF colors and insignias!

cheers bro ;)[/quote']

One unit asked aplion for permission to retexture a few of his chopper he said he don't allow people to break his work appart, and if they want they should port on their own...but don't know if he will still deny it

If the A2 choppers becomes a requirement for the Brazilian mod, there´s no such problem cus you won´t be bundling just the UH-60 from aplions mod, but it would requere that the user have both addons activated, the brazilian mod would just have the hidden selection texture, so none aplion´s work would be broke apart... just like Drongos middle easter units use some of Reyhards tanks without actually having those tanks inside its addon (they become a requirement...)

Chortles is porting the M113 apc with hidden selections (and so is the Grippen, and any A3 vehicles JohnHansen may retexture), the same method could be applied to use them without breaking his addon, of course with the due permition, but hidden selection was incorporated to Arma exactly to help in these cases =)

keep up the great work!

;2674957']Chortles is porting the M113 apc with hidden selections (and so is the Grippen' date=' and any A3 vehicles JohnHansen may retexture), the same method could be applied to use them without breaking his addon, of course with the due permition, but hidden selection was incorporated to Arma exactly to help in these cases =)[/quote']To be clear, I've worked on the M113 (NOT the Gripen, nor JohnHansen's work) and am not a contributor to this mod, but I am setting up hiddenSelections so that people can retexture the M113 family in Brazilian military camouflage patterns if they so wish. :)