johnhansen

[WIP] Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF)

Brazilian Defence forces Arma III

qe4ttXL.jpg

I've been working on this Mod for a long time now, but only now

I had the opportunity to continue with the work.

This mod will include infantry units from:

1)Army

2)Marines

3)Air Force

Weapons:

IMBEL IA2 with all it's variants.

M16's and M4's

AT-4

SIG

FAL

IGLA

M240

M249

Vehicles:

Black Hawk army and Airforce

Grippen

A29 (super Tucano)

F-5

C-130

Mi-24(Sabre)

SuperLynx

M113

AAV

Leopard

Guarani

Marruá

Team:

John - Idealization, project´s head, image editing, texturing and 3D modelling;

Chagas - Texturing and image editing;

Falcão - 3D modelling and config editing;

Skay - 3D modelling auxiliary;

Anarka - Scripting;

Raphael - Testing, texturing and config editing;

Vieira - Military consultant and translations.

Special Thanks:

HLC team:

Toadie2k

Pete

Millennia

Acid_snake

Enron

Tigg

Toadie

Clifton Vlodhammer

Vunsunta

dezkit

Kaelies

fluttershy

Alduric

Aplion

sudden

Edited by JohnHansen
  • Thanks 1

@JohnHansen - GranQ (SFP - Swedish Force Pack) said he might share their JAS-39 GrippenNG with the Brazilian Armed Forces, if asked (and given the proper credits too)... PM him and we´ll fly their Grippen with your textures!

The IA-2 rifle is looking good!

cheers!

;2645436']@JohnHansen - GranQ (SFP - Swedish Force Pack) said he might share their JAS-39 GrippenNG with the Brazilian Armed Forces' date=' if asked (and given the proper credits too)... PM him and we´ll fly their Grippen with your textures!

The IA-2 rifle is looking good!

cheers![/quote']

this would be perfect but I'm currently focused on infantry units ...

but surely the JAS-39 GrippenNG prossimo would be a great step.

you must contact the creator?

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?26998-granQ

I would advise you to do so... GranQ is a nice guy, he was pissed by the dude of Altis Defence Forces that used his BTR-60 and Mi24 Hind without asking permition but if you approach him nicely - and the fact that sudden trusted his source models is a plus to convince him -he already told me on his SFP thread that he would lend the Grippen to a Brazilian Force addon (sweden is so pround to have Brazil as a partner...)

The 8 whelled AAF APC is just like Brazilian´s CASCAVEL APC (it´s only a retexture job to include it) and the Kuma is the Leopard 2 next gen, so you could retexture it as well (the Leopard 2 could be Brazil´s tank in 2035)

chers!

Congratulations on your mod Cpt.John.

Hope

-=Hk=-3ºSgt.Diogo

Great addon men your work it's pretty good are you going to do just infantary or a complete army with air and ground vehicles ?

Rc.Porto

Great addon men your work it's pretty good are you going to do just infantary or a complete army with air and ground vehicles ?

Rc.Porto

Hi Porto,

We are going to do the whole army.

yeah, when/if the gripen gets ready.. you will get it :)

Thanks a lot, GranQ, you´re the man! =)

You´ve said "if" just as being precaucious or the jet is giving some headaches to the team? I reallly wanna fly it and beat the s### out of CSAT with it ;D

You and your team have created uniforms from scratch to your mod, right? I wonder if you could give some hints to JohnHansen (If we´re not being to beggy)

cheers!

NEW UNIFORM

eO8sWAj.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

IA2 7.62

:)

arma3_2014_03_20_22_40_52_27.jpg

Now I see that the uniform is missing a belt (the region of the waist is too empty... a belt with some minibags and pistol case would work), otherwise it is perfect!

Quite anxious to put it ingame! BTW, what AT weapon are you playing to use: AT-4 or MAAWS (you can use Slatt´s, with his permition of course)?

cheers!

Outstanding JohnHansen! The mod is evolving quite nice, gotta see the rest of the weaponry and gears (are you planning on using the AT-4 or MAAWS? SAW is the M240 MAG? The DMR would be a 7.62 Marksman version of the IA-2 but the sniper rifle is going to be the M-24? And the IA-2 CQB could have a version with AFG grip)

cheers! =)

Hi guys, I'm Falcão and I've been helping John with the mod. We are so excited to be able to make this because this is our home country and we didn't know nothing about modeling and some advanced aspects of creating an addon. I mean, we did know how to retexture stuff and create some configs and stuff, but creating something from scratch is a whole new world opening before our eyes.

We are making some good progress and learning a lot throughout the process. So let's get to it and show an in-depth portrait of what we've been doing: (and prepare for a long post)

This is the overall view of the units:

unidades.jpg

The knee pads:

joelheiras.jpg

Camelback:

camelback.jpg

The radio on the vest:

radio.jpg

radiofio.jpg

The battle knife:

faca.jpg

And in the below pictures you can see other details from the vest and the weapons and it's variants:

ia2cqb.jpg

ia2762.jpg

We intend to make a FN FAL and after finishing IA2, FAL and the units itself we want to focus on secondary weapons, lauchers and that kind of stuff. So, our first priority is finishing the army and it's weapons and then go to marines and air force. And we are still studiyng the possibility of creating vehicles, aircrafts, etc.

Hope you guys like it, we still have a few minor details to fix and add(like UN in the blue helmet), but in overall the hard part for the units an weapons is behind our backs. Cheers and goodnight to you all.