chessmaster42

Chessmaster's Wounding System

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looking forward to testing this out as a mod version. Used the script version and liked it, thank you Chessmaster.

Edit: Hopefully it will be on PWS soon :)

Edited by Rath

New mod v1.1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cws.png

@ chessmaster42;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Heya Chess. Great mod! I've noticed something with it, however, when I was playing with my group this afternoon.

When I load CWS onto an entire Side/Faction, it seems like there's a massive performance drop. Runs fine with just a handful of players under the system, but when I'm Zeusing it up and load it onto a side/faction, I've noticed around a 30fps drop in performance, both when I tested on my local host and on my dedi server. Considering that my game usually runs a comfy 45-50fps, this is a little alarming. Is there something on my end I can do to lessen this performance drop?

For the time being, we're perfectly happy with just having it enabled for players, but given how simple and fun the system is, we'd love to see it turned on for dozens of AI without a significant performance loss, if possible. Watching AI try to treat their fallen comrades is pretty cool to watch during a firefight, and gives them a much more human feeling.

No matter what news you've got for us about this concern, I think my group and I will be using CWS for a long time. Keep up the awesome work!

Heya Chess. Great mod! I've noticed something with it, however, when I was playing with my group this afternoon.

When I load CWS onto an entire Side/Faction, it seems like there's a massive performance drop. Runs fine with just a handful of players under the system, but when I'm Zeusing it up and load it onto a side/faction, I've noticed around a 30fps drop in performance, both when I tested on my local host and on my dedi server. Considering that my game usually runs a comfy 45-50fps, this is a little alarming. Is there something on my end I can do to lessen this performance drop?

For the time being, we're perfectly happy with just having it enabled for players, but given how simple and fun the system is, we'd love to see it turned on for dozens of AI without a significant performance loss, if possible. Watching AI try to treat their fallen comrades is pretty cool to watch during a firefight, and gives them a much more human feeling.

No matter what news you've got for us about this concern, I think my group and I will be using CWS for a long time. Keep up the awesome work!

Yeah, this has always kinda been in the back of my mind and I don't yet have a good solution to it. The thing is that in order to keep the system reliable there are a number of things that are redundant and that means a performance drop. Can you give me an idea of about how many units you were trying to run the system on that caused such a steep drop in framerate?

If you can go here and post a log that would also be helpful. Make sure that you enable debugging for CWS before you load the system on the side/faction as that will give me the most detail to go on. You can turn it back off again after if you so choose.

And I'm glad you enjoy the system. Part of what I spent a good amount of time working on with this most recent version was the AI calling for help and the AI searching for nearby wounded. It's still far from where I want it to be but a good deal better than it used to be.

Chess, any chance you are going to release a script version?

Yeah, this has always kinda been in the back of my mind and I don't yet have a good solution to it. The thing is that in order to keep the system reliable there are a number of things that are redundant and that means a performance drop. Can you give me an idea of about how many units you were trying to run the system on that caused such a steep drop in framerate?

If you can go here and post a log that would also be helpful. Make sure that you enable debugging for CWS before you load the system on the side/faction as that will give me the most detail to go on. You can turn it back off again after if you so choose.

And I'm glad you enjoy the system. Part of what I spent a good amount of time working on with this most recent version was the AI calling for help and the AI searching for nearby wounded. It's still far from where I want it to be but a good deal better than it used to be.

I can imagine that there's a number of routines which run a few times a second to keep the AI snappy and responsive. I'm not entirely surprised something like this isn't really usable without a performance drop when on a number of AI. For your intel, I had about 25 AI total on the system when I did testing, but I've noticed, strangely, it doesn't seem to get better or worse with more or fewer AI. Could just be my setup, though, as I have an usually powerful PC. Next time I fiddle around with it, I'll try to get you a log. Heck, I could even just fraps it if it makes your life easier.

Other than this performance drop when used on AI, my group just had a blast playing a mission with CWS running and we really couldn't find much wrong with it. There was a moment when an AI trying to help me kinda pushed me around with his shins before patching me up, but, as we say, "ARMA." Nothing breaking, and I doubt I can reproduce it if I tried. This is a great system for a small group which is disinterested in ACE-level medical systems but which crave something more than the vanilla system.

Hello, I'm a complete newb to this mod and couldn't really tell if it was working at all in the Editor. I tried looking at the readme but couldn't really find an answer. How would I get this mod to work in the Editor before exporting the scenario to a mission folder?

Getting really bad desync after anyone is revived and also a FPS drop using the @addon version.

I have now fixed the description.ext problem, and even modified the ais to cws change, but on DEV version, even though it tells me that CWS wounding is loaded ... noone is seeing any effects.

Any ideas ? Problems with DEV ?

fast weight loss pills, how to lose weight, slimming pills,cha de bugre

Edited by Jeroma11

Hello chessmaster42,

Thank you very much for your work here! Could you confirm that the following points in the readme are correct:

unconscious units are able to move around and fire their primary weapon

unconscious medics are able to use first aid on themselves (can be disabled in config)

Wondering if an unconscious unit should just remain unconscious.

Hey Chess,

I am trying to get your Module working but nothing comes up. e.g. I Place the module in editor, but it has no option to change (except probability, angle, height , etc). I also tried the script and that does seem to work either. Tried all that has been mentioned in this thread.

Cheers

Azza

Hey Chess,

I am trying to get your Module working but nothing comes up. e.g. I Place the module in editor, but it has no option to change (except probability, angle, height , etc). I also tried the script and that does seem to work either. Tried all that has been mentioned in this thread.

Cheers

Azza

Same here :(

Same here, I get one entry under "CWS Injury" and that one is called CWS Config. No options are available for config except vanilla options.

There is one more entry under Zeus, and that one is called CWS Failsafe Reload with no options except vanilla.

I've been trying in the editor with only CWS as loaded mod, with all my regular 20+ mods and CWS, with CWS and CBA loaded and a few other variations. Editor options for CWS remains the same. :/

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? :)

Edit: Some additional info; Im using the PWS version. Havent tried Armaholic/GitHub version due to lack of time .

Edited by bamse
more info

Same here :(

Yup, me too. Can only get vanilla options in config module. Using just cba.

Edited by Andie

I may add support for the modules into the 2D editor in the future but for now they are only functional within the Zeus (aka Curator) interface. This isn't a bug, the modules just don't have any functionality within the 2D editor yet.

Also, as long as the mod is loaded it will enable the system for all playable units all the time. This isn't configurable yet. So no worries about having to try to set something up to turn the system on.

As for the questions about the script version, all you have to do is get the two source directories from here, copy them to your mission folder, and include the cfgFunctions.hpp for both CWS and CCL in description.ext in a CfgFunctions{} block and the rscTitles.hpp for CWS in description.ext in the RscTitles{} block. The system will auto-start so you no longer need any script for the basics (i.e. running on playable units). And the function to load on an individual unit has changed but is still called the same way. Most of this is detailed in the readme as well.

Ok fair enough, but it still don't get any different heal options (except vanilla). Also with the Module version, how do I change settings? I can see how to do it with the Script version, but your readme says to use the "config Module" to adjust settings, except there are no settings as stated above...

When we fall unconsious we usually die seconds after... Is there a way to fix this ? Thanks.

Ok, so tried placing module in zeus. (In editor using MCC Zeus access.)

Got it working, but it still won't work on a mission where the module was placed in the 2D editor.

Chessmaster: okie, thanks! Will try with Zeus tonight :)

In our case our mission sets often involves creating a base template in 2D-editor and then sending that template for everyone who wants to make a mission in that campain. It would be nice to be able to bake in all the default stuff that should be running on all missions.

Is the long:ish term solution to this running the script version perhaps? (or am I just not good enough with Zeus and there is ways of saving changes? :D)

In our case our mission sets often involves creating a base template in 2D-editor and then sending that template for everyone who wants to make a mission in that campain. It would be nice to be able to bake in all the default stuff that should be running on all missions.

Is the long:ish term solution to this running the script version perhaps? (or am I just not good enough with Zeus and there is ways of saving changes? :D)

You can do it with the new MCC. Start a new editor mission. Place a player and preview. Use MCC to place things and with Zeus through MCC 3d Editor. Save to sqm, then go into your mission.sqm and overwrite/dump it there. open in 2D editor again and put in finishing touch's... Although I don't know how it would handle this module??

Hmm, that is true. I'll sew if I can get a merge or similar going (or if that fails a brand spankin' new mission ofc) during the weekend and see what happens with CWS. Thanks for the info!

Updated to 1.1.3:

• Added Damage Unit module that is the antithesis of the Revive Unit module
  • Changed config settings to execute globally
  • Updated CCL to 1.0.2 (Fixed missing unit chat function in CCL)
  • Reorganized a few functions
  • Added curator icons (moved in from CPM)
  • Fixed error handling in canHeal
  • Changed syntax of isMedic to match the general syntax of all other function parameters
  • Fixed bug with showMessage in cws_fnc_carry
  • Fixed bug with showMessage in cws_fnc_drag
  • Turned off death dialog by default
  • Added extra error check in loadCWS
  • Fixed bug with showMessage in loadCWS
  • Fixed wording in moduleCWSLoad
  • Removed unnecessary global 'cws_injury_Config_Debugging'
  • Fixed bug with curator icons (maybe)
  • Started work on damage handler revamp
  • Improved performance and error handling for drawing 3D icons (both curator and wounded unit icons)
  • Improved reliability of canHeal function
  • Improved performance and error handling for lookingForWoundedMates
  • Improved performance and error handling for sendAIHealer
  • Cleaned up debugging output
  • Added mutex flag to indicated if a unit is actively healing another unit (used to improve canHeal function)
  • Improved readability and reliability of isHealable function

This was a massive bugfix update. The only new feature in this one is the addition of the Damage Unit module that pairs with the Revive Unit module (both of which are useable only in Zeus). I'm not going to go into too much detail but suffice it to say that everything runs substantially better now. Also, now that I've got the config working properly, you can change the settings live with Zeus and it will take effect in realtime for all units using the system. There's some weird and also fun things you can do with that. Also note that the Damage Unit module will statically set the bleed timer of the unit to 30 minutes. This will be configurable later, though.

Enjoy! :)

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

When we fall unconsious we usually die seconds after... Is there a way to fix this ? Thanks.

The min time is 60 seconds for bleeding out. On top of that it takes the damage of the unit and multiplies it by the revive time factor (default is 200 seconds). So the total bleed time comes out kinda like this:

_bleedTime = 60 + (200 * _damage);

If units are bleeding out or dying in less than 60 seconds then that is a serious bug. Try updating to the version I just posted today, 1.1.3, and see if it continues. If so, please let me know so I can work on a fix!

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Ok, so tried placing module in zeus. (In editor using MCC Zeus access.)

Got it working, but it still won't work on a mission where the module was placed in the 2D editor.

As was stated earlier this isn't a bug. I just don't have any functionality implemented yet for the modules in the 2D editor. It will be in there eventually, probably even the next release, but no promises on that yet.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Once I have functionality implemented for the 2D editor you will be able to save settings and possibly a few other module things into the mission file. But I don't yet know when I'll have that in there. Most of my work these days on CPM and CWS revolves around dynamic, on-the-fly content and I sometimes forget that there's still a need to be able to back some of this stuff into a static mission file.

Should this mod be ran only on client side in case of dedicated server or both?

Should this mod be ran only on client side in case of dedicated server or both?

It needs to be run on all clients and the server.