chessmaster42

Chessmaster's Wounding System

Make sure addon is loaded, then start 2d editor, place the CWS Config module in mission, save, play mission in multiplayer, CWS injury should then load automatically.

Or, make sure addon is loaded, then play any mission in multiplayer as Zeus, place a "Load CWS" module on top of a unit on the map, CWS Injury should then load automatically.

oh so this isnt an actual addon that starts automatically in every mission?

i guess im stuck with the outdated

A3 Wounding System Mod version by JCae2798

noone wants to revive it??

Is the addon version no longer working? There are no options under the module, only placement radius and no effects are working.

This is very sad since it's the only wounding system with AI support.

Arma v 1.28

Is the addon version no longer working? There are no options under the module, only placement radius and no effects are working.

This is very sad since it's the only wounding system with AI support.

Arma v 1.28

Use psychos wounding system.Its the same as this only a script.i use it-works fine.

I am back after a break from this for about 6 months now it seems. I'm doing preliminary testing to weed out any major bugs that might have come up given the large number of Arma updates since then. So far my testing is showing that everything is in fact still working and the functionality for the AI is also working. I don't plan to do any more major development but I will be fixing up bugs and getting things as reliable as possible. If anyone is currently still using the system and has bugs please let me know!

chessmaster,im actually using psychos script.Since i play SP only,addons are always more my thing.And psycho stated he will no longer support his script.

The only issue i had with your wounding system is when i play,i play usually as opfor,and noticed the wounding system would apply to enemy blufor units.It was a little emmersion breaking sniping with a high powered rifle,and not get to see a kill,(AI drop down into revivable state)

Is there any way to limit your module to player AI group only?

Great to hear your back chessmaster42 I love using this mod.

Thanks

Edited by taumargin

Hi there, I was wondering if you could include a script-only version updated as best as possible with the bugfixes in the latest mod version? the mod version no longer includes the script version it would seem. Thanks.

Hi Dude, I got error

Addon 'ChessmastersCommonLibrary' requires addon

'A3_UI_F_Curator'

could you please try to fix this so i can this awesome mod.

thanks

Is this still working in script form? I can't seem to get it working on a mission using the source files with the fixes aforementioned in the previous page. I am really interested in this since AIS was great, though I can't get that working either.

Hey chessmaster,

Just chiming in to say thanks for your work on this mod. Makes it easy to implement an AI compatible revive system into my missions. I look forward to your updates!

I have been using this mod for a while now on every mission and it is generally great. The only major issue I have come across is with the player running the server as curator the CWS never loads and that player will always be subject to the standard ARMA wounding system. For all JIP clients it loads just fine, simply nerver loads for the player who is also Zeus. Is there anything I can do to make it load for the Zeus player?

Hi! Congratulations chessmaster, this mod is AMAZING. Relatively simple to use and so fun to play with. Plus, the ability to use it in Zeus is so cool. I spent some hours playing with it, and wanted to share what I found out, like odd behavious and strange stuff.

I use MCC as a mod, and play as a zeus game master (playing normally, and sometimes switching to zeus to spawn stuff) on a local server created game, just to let you know.

Odd/buggy behaviours:

- If you order some unit (soldier X) to "Drag soldier Y", X either ignores your order and just starts resuscitating soldier Y as soon as he reach him (in the middle of the battlefield, which could be a problem) or soldier X sometimes gets stuck in the drag animation pose, and he just remains glitched forever. Can't move, can't do anything else.

- Strange Icon on units heads. When I use the "load cws" module on a group/faction, a csw icon appears on everyone's head. Should not be default behaviour, looks like some kind of debug stuff that gets activated even when I don't want.

- Part of the features in the CWS options module seems to do nothing. I cannot switch on or off "Show 3D icon" and the other "Show" options. Nothing changes. Other parts, like the slider to set the amount of bleeding seconds seems to work ok.

- 3D Icons ingame and on the map tend to appear VERY RARELY. Very rarely (like every 20 wounded units sometimes 40, sometimes 5) the icon appears. Sometimes, still rarely, a big text will appear on screen sayin "Unit X is being assisted". Feels like it should appear everytime a unit is being assisted, not so rarely. So feels like buggy behaviour.

I could post a video showing the different problems. Some images can tell more than a thousand words. Thank you for your work, Chessmaster, I would be very happy to help you test this and help you improve this game changing piece of mod!

On the armaholic site it says there's a script version?

Where is it ?

Does this mod work with ACE3? I'm assuming there's quite a few conflicts.

I can not seem to get CWS to work. First I don't even see a cws_injury\functions\init\fn_initCWS.sqf. In the Addon folder or is this just to use via scripts. However even when I go to the editor and place the Chessmaster config module there are no options to configure in the module. I know I am doing something wrong so I hope someone will help set me in the right direction. Would like to try this.

Hey chessmaster42. Are you still tracking this addon? I still use it in all my missions and was wondering if your still keeping an eye on it?

In the hope that there are still people reading the thread and using the mod: does it still work? I'm asking because a lot of the old missions I'm using for coop sessions are pretty unforgiving and the people I play with aren't the hardcore Arma sort who have the patience for quick and early death. Having a mod that works with all or most missions that means people get wounded first and can be got back up on their feet, rather than the all too common one hit, one kill thing, From the description, this mod would be the ideal thing.

Why not remove that script and use the new wounding system that comes with Arma?

It allows you to come to a wounded state and make medics patch you up in a simple way.

Since I've got a few hundred downloaded missions, I'm hoping for a mod that 'injects' this sort of functionality into those missions. If I need to un-PBO and edit the missions, though, I'd probably go for the new wounding system.

To some extent it's laziness: I've already gone in and edited 300+ missions in order to make the mission names consistent and to add a slot for a Headless client; can't say I'm overly eager to do the same again to make sure that all the missions use the new wounding system.

Edit: I just realised that supposedly you can use the new revive system with all missions by setting things up in the multiplayer lobby. However, I just launched a (non-dedicated) server to check this out, and perhaps I'm blind or stupid, but I wasn't able to find any settings for this. Am I looking for the wrong thing or in the wrong place?