chessmaster42

Chessmaster's Wounding System

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As was stated earlier this isn't a bug. I just don't have any functionality implemented yet for the modules in the 2D editor. It will be in there eventually, probably even the next release, but no promises on that yet.

Awesome, thankyou. My clan/squad doesn't use Zeus, so making use of this mod is, well almost impossible.

I also couldn't get the script version working.

Cheers Azza.

Awesome, thankyou. My clan/squad doesn't use Zeus, so making use of this mod is, well almost impossible.

I also couldn't get the script version working.

Cheers Azza.

Could you provide some detail about how you set it up and a log file please?

As a side question, why do you not use Zeus? Do you build each mission in the editor? Any technical reasons for that or just preference?

New update v1.1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cws.png

Could you provide some detail about how you set it up and a log file please?

As a side question, why do you not use Zeus? Do you build each mission in the editor? Any technical reasons for that or just preference?

Well form the Clan/Squad side of things, we run quite a few mods already and the apparently the server lags a bit when running Zeus. We mainly use MCC for on-the-fly mission creation.

For Me, I like making most of the mission in 2D as that is how I have learned and not a fan of a Mission controller spawning in units randomly etc. Breaks the immersion and reality a bit for me.

I will try the script again tonight after we have done our weekly mission night.

Cheers

Azza

Congrats for this awesome mod!

Just one question. Is it possible to completely remove the 3D icons over the units using CWS? (I know there is an option in CWS config, but doesn't seem to work).

Thank you.

Edited by Ivnat

Quick update ! Even after the patch 1.1.3 we dies seconds after the healing is started... The unit is at 95 % or so... when he dies.

Edit: It might be becauses of the mods i'am using. But I can't figure which one it is...

Edited by alexgardien5

Updated to 1.1.4:

• Changed most calls to ccl_fnc_GlobalExec to be NOT persistent (fixed many lag and performance issues)
  • Added start of version broadcast mechanism
  • Added some safety checks to see if player is a curator
  • Removed the use of the 'name' function in some places where the unit is possibly not alive
  • Added some general error handling
  • Restructured cws_fnc_setupUnitVariables to (hopefully) synchronize better
  • Fixed a few minor bugs in the main FSM

This was just another bugfix update. In testing we found several more rather serious performance bugs and a few other minor things that have now been fixed. Also this update contains the start of a version broadcast and control mechanism. Right now it just sends out the CWS version to all clients and the server and just dumps that to the log. So it'll be easy to tell if someone is on the wrong version. This will later turn into an optional lock-down mechanism so that you can prevent players with the wrong version from even connecting.

As for those who are trying to use this as script in a mission instead of the mod I really need to know more about your mission setup and to be able to see some log files otherwise there isn't much I can do.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v1.1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cws.png

chessmaster thanks for your continuing great work.

Hi, does this mod work without placing a model in the editor, ie just enabling the mod and it works?

Hi, does this mod work without placing a model in the editor, ie just enabling the mod and it works?

Correct. It works best with Zeus but will be fully functional just by enabling the mod. Currently the Zeus module is the only way to change the config for the mod version but I am working on support for the 2D editor.

This looks like a good improvement on the source scripts. Great work Chessmaster.

Hi There,

When I add the script in Vas doesn't load, here is my default description file, if someone could advice where to stick the script that would be great, thank you, dying to try this out.

OnLoadMission = "Virtual Ammobox System";

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 10;

disabledAI = true;

enableDebugConsole = 2;

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

class CfgIdentities

{

class Ashton_Leahy

{

name = "Steo";

face = "Face20";

glasses = "";

speaker = "Male05ENG";

pitch = 1.0;

};

class Toby_Turner

{

name = "Ned";

face = "Face10";

glasses = "";

speaker = "Male04ENG";

pitch = 1.0;

};

class Matthew_Roberts

{

name = "G";

face = "Face13";

glasses = "";

speaker = "Male03ENG";

pitch = 1.0;

};

class Shawn_Dorgan

{

name = "Leddy";

face = "Face12";

glasses = "";

speaker = "Male02ENG";

pitch = 1.0;

};

class Dav_Nagle

{

name = "Dav";

face = "WhiteHead_06";

glasses = "None";

speaker = "Male01ENG";

pitch = 1.0;

};

};

Hi,

how is the script setup supposed to work on the newer versions? The downloadable zip does not contain a cws_injury folder, so I cloned the git repository and used the cws_injury folder that is inside of the source directory.

I've cws_injury folder in mission folder and added the following to description.ext:

class header {

gametype = COOP;

minplayers = 1;

maxplayers = 23;

playerCountMultipleOf = 1;

};

author = Raskil 360th;

OnLoadMission = "Falconeers ArmA 3 Alive Campaign";

onLoadName = ALiVE | Falconeers Campaign;

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 10;

aiKills = 0;

disabledAI = true;

briefing = 1;

debriefing = 1;

allowFunctionsRecompile = 1;

loadScreen = "falcAlCmp.jpg";

respawnDialog = true;

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "cws_injury\cfgFunctions.hpp"

};

class RscTitles

{

#include "cws_injury\rscTitles.hpp"

};

When starting the mission, I get the following error messages:

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\init\fn_initCWS.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\init\fn_initCWSGUI.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\common\fn_damageUnit.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\common\fn_drawCuratorIcons.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\common\fn_reviveUnit.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\modules\fn_moduleCWSLoad.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\modules\fn_moduleDamageUnit.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\modules\fn_moduleFailsafeReload.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\modules\fn_moduleRevive.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\loaders\fn_loadConfigSetting.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\loaders\fn_loadCWS.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\ui\init\fn_initAppliesTo.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\ui\init\fn_initConfigCheckboxes.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\ui\init\fn_initConfigSliders.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\ui\init\fn_initEnableDebugging.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_canHeal.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_carry.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_checklauncher.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_cleanUpActions.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_deadcam.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_delbody.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_drag.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_drop.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_firstAid.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_getUnitDamage.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_handleDamage.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_handleHeal.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_handleKeys.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_injuredEffects.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_isHealable.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_isMedic.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_keyUnbind.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_lookingForWoundedMates.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_progressBar.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_progressBarInit.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_quote.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_sendAIHealer.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_setHealer.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_setHealingProgress.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_setUnitDamage.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_setupActions.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script cws_injury\functions\cws\fn_setupUnitVariables.sqf not found

Its kind of weired, because the folder is inside of the mission folder and the scripts are in the places mentioned above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Raskil

Edited by Raskil

I've been able to use the mod version with success, but would prefer the script version. I am at the same point in setup as Raskil above. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Chesmaster,

could you please provide more documentation on the first page or git? It's not much clear how to active the mod ingame. I found out it's only available in zeus after 15 minutes of searching. Also could you provide more info on scripted version? Example mission would be more then nice, thanks. Or more info as A3 Wounding System has for example.

EDIT: Oh now I see that it will turn on automatic in MP, I didn't know that. I tested it only in editor.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

CWS mod now deployed on our servers as the new standard medical system! Thank you Chessmaster, the sh33p are grateful for your fine work!

This sounds like a great mod and very well maintained (credit to chess)!! something ive been looking for. I was redirected here off of the old wounding mod by psyhco. Im just wondering is this compatible with the SP campaign.

Also how can you turn down the amount of damage before an AI is killed? Is this something that can be done wothout a mod?

Sorry if this does not relate to this mod, but i read someone mentioned it.

I am implementing CWS 1.1.4 in zeus mission. Our dedicated server and users have CPM 1.9.3. I prefer script version too and i have the same Raskil and Flowers problem.

To try somethink different i unpacked the pbo of the mod version to use cws_injury folder as script version. I got an error at mission start "Script cws_injury\functions\init\fn_initCWS.sqf not found". I checked in the cws_injury folder inside my mission and path is right and sql file exist. ¿??

I'd also like to use the script version, but had no success so far.

Hi Cheesmaster,

I'm happy that you are developing the Psyco revive script. It's a good revive script.

Asking to the other Arma3 users a revive script to use successfully with MCC, someone told me to use your script so today I've installed it and tried it but I've a problem.

When I start the revive process to a friendly injured AI unit and I move away from him before the process finish, the revive process continue (it should stop I remember how the Psyco script worked) and the injured unit it's attached to myself sliding to the ground.

It's the same if ,after started a revive process, I try to use my weapon firing bullets (for example defending myself against some enemies).

Anyone has this kind of problems?

Additionally, I prefer to use it as script version or with a 2d editor module where I can put and save the wounding system settings....without redo every adjustments before starting every single mission I play with my clan.

Thanks in advance.

Regarding missing script files, I got a bit further after making some minor adjustments. Here is what I did:

1. In cws_injury\dialogs.hpp change ChessmastersWoundingSystemDisplays so it becomes "cws_injury\functions\ui\displays\" without the first backslash (\) character.
  2. In cws_injury\cfgFunctions.hpp do the same for the six file paths, again removing the first backslash (\) character.

Once this is done, I no longer get any missing script errors and can start the mission, both on a dedicated or a non-dedicated server. I assume this is because the #include statements do not need the initial backslash when run as a mission script, but need it when CWS is loaded as a mod.

Sadly, however, I am still not seeing any CWS modules when I log into Zeus. According to the Curator article, community addons must have their modules placed in the editor to appear. Since we try to use CWS as a script and NOT as an addon, this is not possible. I then tried various things on the Zeus init field to get the modules loaded, but so far without any luck:

activateAddons ["cws_injury"];

this addCuratorAddons ["cws_injury_ModuleConfig", "cws_injury_ModuleCWSLoad", "cws_injury_ModuleDamageUnit", "cws_injury_ModuleEmpty", "cws_injury_ModuleFailsafeReload", "cws_injury_ModuleRevive"];

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "cws_injury\functions\init\fn_initCWS.sqf";

I found the addon/module names listed above in the cws_injury\config.cpp file, so they should be correct, but I see no CWS modules appearing as Zeus. The first option SHOULD be the correct procedure, but once I open Zeus I get a message "No entry 'config.bin/CfgPatches.cws_injury'.". The Curator article mentions the activateAddons statement can only be executed before the mission loads, but even if I put the statement inside init.sqf I still get the same error message when opening Zeus (even if I copy-paste the CfgPatches class from config.cpp into description.ext).

So I have given up getting the script version working for now. Until Chessmaster or someone else can get back with a working solution for the script version, I will resort to the mod setup version instead.

how to make this work as an addon?

A3 Wounding System Mod version by JCae2798 works fine but is outdated