chessmaster42

Chessmaster's Wounding System

You probably have cws_ais_show_injury_message set to '1' in the config. Try setting it to 'true' instead.

The line's comment should probably be changed for clarity's sake, since it says "// Set value to 1 and a message in side chat will show when a unit is injured. 0 means this feature is disabled"

You probably have cws_ais_show_injury_message set to '1' in the config. Try setting it to 'true' instead.

Cool, thanks.

I'm also noticing that the "You are dead." message doesn't seem to go away after one has died and respawned. I don't have any errors in the rpt regarding the "RscDeadQuote" class, so I'm not really sure why it wouldn't be working properly. Any ideas?

There is a substantial performance hit because allUnits will pick up neutrals even and things quickly spiral out of control. Aside from players you should try to keep the loading on a per-unit basis. I may come up with some convenience functions for loading on all units of a particular faction. Depends on the need.

Doesn't matter the time that it takes to initialise on allUnits .. just needs to pick them all up (and any others that are created on-the-fly). Think ALiVE and you will then see why :)

Hey Chessmaster - I can't figure out how to initiate your CWS. It seems like the AI just drop dead when I shoot at them. I really can't see any difference with this compared to standard BIS.

I've tried playing as medic, letting AI be medic and I've used

0=[_this] spawn CWS_Load;

in one AI's init, in all AI's init and also tried directly in init.sqf.

clearly I'm missing something or your documentation is missing something however I would appreciate any tip or perhaps an examble mission.

Hey Chessmaster - I can't figure out how to initiate your CWS. It seems like the AI just drop dead when I shoot at them. I really can't see any difference with this compared to standard BIS.

I've tried playing as medic, letting AI be medic and I've used

0=[_this] spawn CWS_Load;

in one AI's init, in all AI's init and also tried directly in init.sqf.

clearly I'm missing something or your documentation is missing something however I would appreciate any tip or perhaps an examble mission.

If you call it from unit initialisation, you should use [this] instead of [_this] - though I'm not sure if the function is yet defined when unit initialisations are called? This at least seems to suggest it isn't, since cws_init.sqf is precompiled in int.sqf which is executed later.

If it doesn't work otherwise, you could just put "[ai_unit_name] spawn CWS_Load;" at the end of init.sqf to test it. Or

// call for units ai_unit1, ai_unit2, ai_unit3
{ [_x] spawn CWS_Load; } forEach [ai_unit1, ai_unit2, ai_unit3];

// whole group of ai_unit1
{ [_x] spawn CWS_Load; } forEach units group ai_unit1;

Edit: Or did you try it through an unit name already, when you tried directly from init.sqf?

Edited by Magirot

Sorry to necrobump, but I've been trying to get this script working in my COOP-mission lately, and I've run into this weird issue.

The script works flawlessly 50% off the time, and when it doesn't, it'll respawn the AI (or the players) with the wounded icon at my respawn marker, any player will also be stuck in the "wounded"-mode with the text "YOU ARE DEAD" stuck on screen.

Any ideas?

Fantastic script otherwise.

If you call it from unit initialisation, you should use [this] instead of [_this] - though I'm not sure if the function is yet defined when unit initialisations are called? This at least seems to suggest it isn't, since cws_init.sqf is precompiled in int.sqf which is executed later.

If it doesn't work otherwise, you could just put "[ai_unit_name] spawn CWS_Load;" at the end of init.sqf to test it. Or

// call for units ai_unit1, ai_unit2, ai_unit3
{ [_x] spawn CWS_Load; } forEach [ai_unit1, ai_unit2, ai_unit3];

// whole group of ai_unit1
{ [_x] spawn CWS_Load; } forEach units group ai_unit1;

Edit: Or did you try it through an unit name already, when you tried directly from init.sqf?

Chessmaster,im also in the same boat with the guy above,i cannot get your script to work in singleplayer with AI.You posted a page back to my post telling me how to activate it for AI,but that didnt work.Is there a way you could explain it in simple terms?Or could anyone else who got this working on AI tell me what you did?

Thanks

The line's comment should probably be changed for clarity's sake, since it says "// Set value to 1 and a message in side chat will show when a unit is injured. 0 means this feature is disabled"

I fixed the code in the most recent version, v1.0.1, so that it should accept 1/0 as values again.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Cool, thanks.

I'm also noticing that the "You are dead." message doesn't seem to go away after one has died and respawned. I don't have any errors in the rpt regarding the "RscDeadQuote" class, so I'm not really sure why it wouldn't be working properly. Any ideas?

This has been fixed in the latest version, v1.0.1. It was a side effect of the initial setup in the new repository.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Sorry to necrobump, but I've been trying to get this script working in my COOP-mission lately, and I've run into this weird issue.

The script works flawlessly 50% off the time, and when it doesn't, it'll respawn the AI (or the players) with the wounded icon at my respawn marker, any player will also be stuck in the "wounded"-mode with the text "YOU ARE DEAD" stuck on screen.

Any ideas?

Fantastic script otherwise.

Can you give me a little more to go on? I've never seen that happen so chances are it has something to do with the mission that you're using as a base. Can you share a log on pastebin that I can look at? Is the mission a completely custom one or is it based on something else (VTS, MCC, DAWS, etc.) ?

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Chessmaster,im also in the same boat with the guy above,i cannot get your script to work in singleplayer with AI.You posted a page back to my post telling me how to activate it for AI,but that didnt work.Is there a way you could explain it in simple terms?Or could anyone else who got this working on AI tell me what you did?

Thanks

You know I haven't tested things out in single-player in a very long time, I should do that. But can you give a little more for me to work with? What Magirot posted is exactly the right way to load the system, especially on multiple units. What code are you using and what kind of mission are you using?

Thanks for informing us about the updated version and for registering on our website :cool:

frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Chess,

Does your system look for "B_medic_F" or any medic class or does it only look at whether the player has a medikit?

If im wounded, will the AI come to my aid? on A3 Wounding, I could never get them to help me when I was down. They'd just walk past me like I wasnt even there. basically id be removed from the group in A3 Wounding. Will I remain in the group if im down and about to order the AI?

Good news on the latest version. Have been testing with bCombat (and ALiVE of course!), but need more information on how they behave together.

Hey Chessmaster

First of all i would like to thank you for an awesome script, it's is in my opinion the best one out there at the moment.

but we are a couple of people (around 40) that has tried to use your script in multiplayer but it eats the fps.

exept for that i would like to recomend that you get rid of the carry function since it is bugged.

would be really cool with a max amount of lifes setting also.

but as said great script hope you get some of the issues fixed, and will hope for an update soon again, keep up the great work.

Edited by ImCrazy

Ok, after testing with friends (don't know whether you talked about it):

- If you drag someone and the AI shoots the dragger, the wounded is still attached. You need to detach after getting shot. If someone drag the second one, he will also drag the first guy. looks funny.

- If a car hits you, you can still run like hell but the others are able to drag you. looks also funny: http://s1.directupload.net/images/140326/u757py4w.jpg (457 kB)

OK saw a problem today (will need to totally confirm with just this revive running and no other mods) where a friendly AI was shot and rolled over (as he should). Another friendly troop got to him and started reviving, but in the middle of this action he was shot and rolled over. THEN a grenade came in and killed the first guy, but made the second reviver roll over prone and starting to spin around on the spot.

Anyone else found that?

Also any way to turn off the 'too late for this guy' message when you are NOT the one reviving them ?

not working for me at all in singleplayer. nor for player, either for AI. All done like said in readme and here.... Simple test mission, only 2 units.

UPD. Started from a trigger with 5 sec. timeout 0=[player] spawn CWS_load. timeout made the thing

Actually great system. finally I can drop the unreal armor of the bots. 4-6 shots sometimes to kill. now 2 is enough, like always.

Is it possible to setup a reveive chance in percentage? Or is it random, when cws_ais_revive_guaranty is set to false? Maybe it would be nice to be able to set up this chance manually in the future.

Moreover I would switch off the heal actions on enemy corpses, it causes bugs after first aid and I dont think somebody will want to heal enemies. At least this feature should be disablable

UPD2: Not playable with teamswitch , key "U" in SP. All injured effects (tunnel view, shaking) remain after changing player/applying help (it means a healthy soldier has these effects and is not playable). Some script errors pop up also. It seems that there is no checking wether player unit has changed..

I wanted to use this system in my missions, but unfortunately it is still too raw and needs a lot of fixes.

Edited by Fedator

not working for me at all in singleplayer. nor for player, either for AI. All done like said in readme and here.... Simple test mission, only 2 units.

UPD. Started from a trigger with 5 sec. timeout 0=[player] spawn CWS_load. timeout made the thing

Actually great system. finally I can drop the unreal armor of the bots. 4-6 shots sometimes to kill. now 2 is enough, like always.

Is it possible to setup a reveive chance in percentage? Or is it random, when cws_ais_revive_guaranty is set to false? Maybe it would be nice to be able to set up this chance manually in the future.

Moreover I would switch off the heal actions on enemy corpses, it causes bugs after first aid and I dont think somebody will want to heal enemies. At least this feature should be disablable

UPD2: Not playable with teamswitch , key "U" in SP. All injured effects (tunnel view, shaking) remain after changing player/applying help (it means a healthy soldier has these effects and is not playable). Some script errors pop up also. It seems that there is no checking wether player unit has changed..

I wanted to use this system in my missions, but unfortunately it is still too raw and needs a lot of fixes.

Sorry about things being so dead here. I've swamped with other project but I swear I'm still working on the bugs. As for this one in singleplayer I know for a fact that teamswitch will not work. I need to update the known issues with that. It has to do with the way the finite state machine is loaded.

As for the first aid on enemies, why even load the wounding system on them unless there are players on that side? It's an unnecessary load on the system and doesn't add all that much to the experience. I can certainly look into adding some more to the action conditions to check the side of the unit. I don't think it would be very complicated but it may be a while before I implement that.

I have a what i think it is a bug! When a player dies and ut's revived the CWS dosen't works no more, the player dosen't have the "agony" time it just dies! Anyone with his problem/bug!? And another thing, the AI's come to life after being shot down! I have to confirm if it is the medic that does this, but it seems not!

thanks for your hard work on both projects (the amount of stuff you put into CPM is pretty crazy recently). Looking forward to an updated version of this mod, as its the best of the injury mods out there IMO.

Quick update:

I have a much updated, with many bugfixes, fancypants new version that I'm just about to release. My currently plan is to deprecate the script-only version and release the new Zeus-compatible mod version of the system. Short details here. Expect to see an update here with the new version within a few days time.

Just to clarify, are we going to see another script version at all? Fingers crossed to see at least one last one with bugs squashed and some of the new nifty bits you speak of ;)

+1 I would be more interested in the script version :-)

Just to clarify, are we going to see another script version at all? Fingers crossed to see at least one last one with bugs squashed and some of the new nifty bits you speak of ;)

Aside from the dependency on my new core library mod CCL (Chessmaster's Common Library) you should be able to use it as-is just by getting the source. The only thing that's really changed that might be a problem is some of the init stuff. I'll have to do some more testing to be sure on all of this. I'll be sure to at least have a script download on here as well once I have the mod version officially released. And that should be sometime this week just don't know when just yet.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Hi Chess,

Does your system look for "B_medic_F" or any medic class or does it only look at whether the player has a medikit?

It checks to see if the unit class in CfgVehicles has the "attendant" property. With all of the other changes I'm working on I may make this configurable but no promises on that just yet.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

If im wounded, will the AI come to my aid? on A3 Wounding, I could never get them to help me when I was down. They'd just walk past me like I wasnt even there. basically id be removed from the group in A3 Wounding. Will I remain in the group if im down and about to order the AI?

This works substantially better in the newest version but I don't technically have it released yet. It's packaged with my CPM mod but I still need a few more tweaks so that it can run as a script as well as the mod.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

OK saw a problem today (will need to totally confirm with just this revive running and no other mods) where a friendly AI was shot and rolled over (as he should). Another friendly troop got to him and started reviving, but in the middle of this action he was shot and rolled over. THEN a grenade came in and killed the first guy, but made the second reviver roll over prone and starting to spin around on the spot.

Anyone else found that?

Also any way to turn off the 'too late for this guy' message when you are NOT the one reviving them ?

Both are being fixed in the next version. The former is being tracked here and the latter here.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

I have a what i think it is a bug! When a player dies and ut's revived the CWS dosen't works no more, the player dosen't have the "agony" time it just dies! Anyone with his problem/bug!? And another thing, the AI's come to life after being shot down! I have to confirm if it is the medic that does this, but it seems not!

The addition of Zeus has introduced a number of odd issues with respawning due to the way Zeus interrupts the default respawn mechanism. This will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

Updated to 1.1.2:

• Fixed bug with Revive Unit module
  • Mod version of CWS released!
  • Reworked the AI mechanisms when calling for help and looking for wounded
  • Reworked the bleeding mechanism to pause better when being healed
  • Added Zeus modules (mod version only)
  • Tons of bug fixes

This release should also work as script in your mission. Theoretically you can just grab the source for both CWS and CCL and put both folders in your mission, add the right includes to description.exe, and call "[_myUnit] spawn cws_fnc_LoadCWS;" to load on specific units. I'll report back later with more details on any extra steps needed to use in mission files.

Edited by chessmaster42
Fixed list formatting