Sign in to follow this  
sasha013

Flight MH370

Before it became officially recognized, this article published by the Wall Street Journal stated that the Malaysian Flight 370 continued to be tracked by satellite feed 5 hours after its disappearance from radar.

Initially this was all denied by the Malaysian authorities.

However this speculation has recently been taken seriously, and that the plane could have flown well over 7 hours, with the 'Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System' apparently and deliberately switched off during flight. Read here for further details.

For the moment speculation places the aircraft in two possible places on Earth:

1. a northern corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan through to northern Thailand
  2. a southern corridor stretching from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean

It's scary to think that even in this day and age, with careful planning planes can still be made to disappear without trace.

Thoughts anyone? Any ideas where this plane could've ended up?

Not really. The reason any of the suspected things could ever happen is due to incredible negligence at some points. For starters, turning off the radar transponder doesn't mean it disappears from radar, it only means its name and information goes away. The radar signature will still be there. And the transponder being turned off manually as is suspected means at least one of the following: Complete ignorance of post 9/11 safety precautions by the pilot and co-pilot, (as in don't let anyone into the cockpit, keep the cockpit locked, DON'T LET ANYONE INTO THE COCKPIT, KEEP THE DOOR LOCKED, DO YOU HEAR WHAT I'M TELLING YOU I SPEAK ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?) and/or the airliner company not making sure that the pilot and co-pilot weren't suicidal or unprofessional.

As I see it there are two possible options.

The plane crashed into the ocean and they simply didn´t find any wreckage yet

It was taken hostage.

Both Options point to the radar systems not beeing very effective.

I have heard Malaysia Airlines has been in a bit of financial problems for a bit now.

Could of been pilot suicide over lack of pay and debt.

Happened a few years ago with a Singaporian or Indonesian pilot crashing the plane into Sumatra.

Just my opionion.