No Idle Animations

by

Halvorson

Description:

Turns off the idle animations when standing still, still working on removing them for pistols, but that will come later.

Change log:

V1:

• Removed rifle idle animations

--------------------------------------

V2:

• Fixed some problem with moving while your weapon is down. Should work without problems now.

--------------------------------------

V3:

• Removed armed prone idle animations, kept one in for a change, let me know if it bothers anyone
  • Removed standing and crouching animations with pistol out and lowered.

Credits & Thanks:

- BIS for the game

- Dslyecxi. I saw the idle animations kick in during one of his recent videos (scout on a limb) when he was hiding.

- The community

Download:

Google Drive

Gamefront

armaholic

ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR WANT TO MAKE A SUGGESTION, PLEASE POST HERE, THANKS!

Edited by Halvorson [101st AB]
Update to V3 - armaholic link
  • Like 1

New mod or update v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@noidle.png

@ Halvorson [101st AB] ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Awesome, I've been looking for something like this for a while, stupid idle animations are such a pain.

Cheers mate.

Apparently there were some improvements to in devbranch about this, but I don't know to what extent. Until then, and even beyond, thank you very much.

Edited by 13isLucky
redundancy fix

I found a problem, dont know how I missed it. When your weapon is lowered, and you move in either standing or crouching your player continues to move or slides. Working on fixing that right now

that video was FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL....

THANKS FOR THIS MOD .. i fucking hate the idle anims... when i want to be still i want to be fucking still i dont want to swat invisible flys away from my head. or stomp off a piece of shit from my shoe.. i want to be still..

Thanks for this Hal!1

Hi Halvorson,

Is it possible to null the unarmed idle and prone armed idle anims as well?

New update v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@noidle.png

@ Halvorson [101st AB] ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@ Halvorson [101st AB] ;

All all this junk really necessary? Twice in on thread? Thanks for creating this.

Is this client side?

Yes, but I think some servers with battleye wont allow it. Havent tried yet

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Hi Halvorson,

Is it possible to null the unarmed idle and prone armed idle anims as well?

Yep working on it right now

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Updated to V3 :D

New update v3.0 signed and available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@noidle.png

@ Halvorson [101st AB] ;

Thank you for this. You have corrected the entire reason I never lower my weapon.

Thanks a lot for sending us your updated releases :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks a lot for sending us your updated releases :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you!

Hey, nice mod. my clan is using it right now! ;) Can you please sign your mod with a key and put the mod in a directory like you want to name it? @noidleanimation or s.t. like that. would be cool for future updates.

And btw. a complette remove of idle animations unarmed would be cool ;)

Edited by Numrollen

Did an update break this Mod along the way?

I cannot seem to get it working!

Unfortunately this mod causes players to freeze when they reload while lying down using the Marksman dlc weapons. Halvorson, please, please, please update this mod! In fact, it is the only one I use!

Mod is not showing on mod list in launcher, but i dropped .pbo file in arma 3/addons directory and game stopped reponding.

2 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

Mod is not showing on mod list in launcher, but i dropped .pbo file in arma 3/addons directory and game stopped reponding.

I learned config modding especially for this and fixed it myself. I see I haven't put it online yet, but I can do it later today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I have to clean it up a bit before publishing so it will be next weekend. I also remembered why I did not publish it sooner: there are many possible variations of no idle and I don't know what people prefer:

- only player noidle or AI too

- remove all idle animations or some

- remove idle animations for specifc stances or all stances

I know that some MP people want no player idle anim whatsoever. I only play SP and my current no idle mod only removes standing idle anims to prevent my character yawning and boot checking in the middle of a fight.

• Like 1