Sign in to follow this  
LtShadow

F-4 Phantom @RealSound Mod | FA-18 Flyby demo

** MOD RELEASE INFORMATION **

Now available for open beta testing is the F-4 Phantom from the Hellenic Armed Forces Mod for ArmA 3!

For more info - read this ArmAHolic post below!

Video:

Thank you all for your wonderful support, without you none of this is possible!

What aircraft should I do next?

Leave a comment in the section below, or send me a PM on the forums! :)

Happy flying!

Version Information:

Current Version - Beta 1.0

Initial release - Beta 1.0

Known Issues and WIPs;

Loud distant sound - fixing

Change duration of throttle up - fixing

Edited by LtShadow
Update info

I Love the new sounds on the f-18. Great work! is this a release for the @RS mod for the F-18? Forgive my ignorance I just love this sound mod.

What in particular is updated on the F-4, apart from the sound and A3 compatibility?

I Love the new sounds on the f-18. Great work! is this a release for the @RS mod for the F-18? Forgive my ignorance I just love this sound mod.

The release will come later after I do some sound cleanup, but until then check out the release video on my channel! :)

What in particular is updated on the F-4, apart from the sound and A3 compatibility?

I am a sound developer/scripter. You will have to contact the author; Apilion. You can find him on the release page of the @HAFM (Hellenic Armed Forces Mod) for Arma3.

Great work sounds awesome. For a suggestion for the next. Have you guys thought about doing the helos from arma2?

Amazing job ! as for the next one, do the A164 ? it needs decent sound, or do you stay away from official releases ?

Amazing job ! as for the next one, do the A164 ? it needs decent sound, or do you stay away from official releases ?

Our very own @RS Shazer is doing one!

check it out here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25033

I was thinking the F-16 from @HAFM? :) (can't wait to re-do the F-22 when it is available)

Hi LtShadow
I am having small issue with the mod :(
I couldn't make it work! I have the latest version of HAFM and installed your f-4 sound mod.
I put it into the same folder where I keep your f-16 mod and run the game with your mod.

I cannot hear that mighty sound of f-4. I still hear a weak engine sound.
Any idea what can be the issue?

Hi LtShadow

I am having small issue with the mod :(

I couldn't make it work! I have the latest version of HAFM and installed your f-4 sound mod.

I put it into the same folder where I keep your f-16 mod and run the game with your mod.

I cannot hear that mighty sound of f-4. I still hear a weak engine sound.

Any idea what can be the issue?

Hi there,

Have you tried making sure that you're spawning the (@RS) version of the aircraft?  I just started editing my aircraft so they will show as the original, but since this version is older you have to spawn in or use the F-4 that says (@RS) at the end of the object name.

Hope this helps!

-Shadow

Hi there,

Have you tried making sure that you're spawning the (@RS) version of the aircraft?  I just started editing my aircraft so they will show as the original, but since this version is older you have to spawn in or use the F-4 that says (@RS) at the end of the object name.

Hope this helps!

-Shadow

Hm that's weird.

I see the menu point HELLAS and there the F-4 is named HAF F-4E Phantom II (Aegean Ghost)

There is no RS stuff around it.

Also I am calling @HAFM_A3;@ASDG_JR;@RealSoundF16C

inside realsound f16c  I have your PBOs for F-4 as well..

What is my mistake? :(

Hm that's weird.

I see the menu point HELLAS and there the F-4 is named HAF F-4E Phantom II (Aegean Ghost)

There is no RS stuff around it.

Also I am calling @HAFM_A3;@ASDG_JR;@RealSoundF16C

inside realsound f16c  I have your PBOs for F-4 as well..

What is my mistake? :(

Alright;

Have a look in your @RealSound folder.  Inside that folder there should be an "addons" folder, and inside that should be three files.  The first file should be the F-16, second file should be the F-4 and the third file should be the F-4's MP key (bisign file).  

So your directory should look (something) like this;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\@RealSound\addons (this is where you place the realsound PBO files).

Now, to make sure ArmA 3 is actually loading the addons.  Be sure to use the mod manager in the ArmA 3 launcher and load the mods that way. It's much easier instead of using command lines or launch options through Steam.  Be sure to have loaded all of the mods you need (@HAFM, @RealSound, etc...).  If the game boots without error, continue on to the next step.  If you get an error - I will need to see your arma 3 RPT file. To get this:  press the windows key or press the windows button on your desktop and type "Run" and click the program that starts up.  Or you can use the keyboard combination CTRL+R together to bring up the dialog box.  Next, type in this: %appdata% and click "run" or "start".  This will bring up your "roaming" application data, we need to get back to the "local" data.  On the top of the windows explorer you will see in the address bar "AppData -> Roaming".  Click on the part that says "AppData" - this will go back to the main selection of folders named "Local, LocalLow, Roaming".  Click on Local, then click ArmA 3. Inside the ArmA 3 folder you should see multiple files.  Note the files that have are named something like "arma3_current_date_and_time.rpt". Copy the most recent RPT file to your desktop and upload to dropbox/mediafire/Mega, etc and paste a link here so I can view it.

If you do not get an error:

Load up a new mission in the editor on Stratis (takes the least amount of time to load).  Go to the spawn menu in Eden and scroll the Planes menu (or wherever the HAFM aircraft are) until you see the F-4.  I made this config so that it does not interfere with the original aircraft, though now I do things a little bit different.  My RealSound aircraft for the F-4 will be named "HAF F-4E Phantom II (Aegean Ghost) [@RS]" or "HAF F-4E Phantom II [@RS]".

If you still do not see the aircraft anywhere in your spawn lists (try going through the Empty section as well) - send over your RPT file for me to inspect.  Instructions are above the "If you do not get an error" line.

Hope this helps! :)

Shadow

• Like 1

It's probably because the mod isn't updated too the new sound system

It's probably because the mod isn't updated too the new sound system

He sent me the RPT - nothing in there about my mod not working.  Looks like the HAFM mod isn't supported - all my previous projects are still working on Apex, just not optimized for the new sound system (yet).

@LtShadow,

I took a look at your sound files and they are really realistic. I need your permision to include them in a project.
How can I reach you to discuss?