Sign in to follow this  
Holden93

Now the most people are playing Win, what will BI do after its official release?

Did they ever mention expansion packs? Not DLCs, real expansions like OA.

*In the title I meant that, not the :|

But it is still good question.What do they mean with steam workshop?How about competition how will that enhance

game?I would speculate that first payable DLC will come in months ahead of us.

Hello there

I hadnt seen that page before, thanks for the link.

I think we have a really good framework to hang future mods and missions on.

Arma's strength has always been in the community and what it can provide alongside what the devs deliver.

Altis is a rather splendid piece of work and I think will last us for a good deal of time to come as the "main" landmass. Together with the great decision to release the A1/A2 (+DLC) content, so the more gifted among us can forward port will really assist those who just cant get to grips with the ultra modern setting.

This also massively expands the scope with previously released landmasses both official and mod.

I've had a vast amount of fun playing missions with modern and ultra modern units on the WWII Iron Front maps for example.

Then there's the mods proper. New AI, units and even super easy yet complex mission editing with the likes of ALiVE breath new life (no pun intended) into the game.

If development on the game and all mods stopped now, there's still a bucket load of content out there and I've not even touched on the great user made missions out there, many of which are very dynamic in nature and have avast amount of replay-ability.

Next up we have ZEUS, and while I think it will take a while for some groups to adopt, IMHO its well worth it. Its a very different experience to what many of us are used to. When I first heard of it, I was rather neutral about it but having played it in various builds and in various teams, I think its something to watch.

My main sphere of interest will be following the forward porting of the Arma (TOH?) franchise and especially the flawed offshoot Iron Front, which whilst it was destined not to be a stellar seller, has some wonderful content and like the 80's setting of OFP, WWII combat really seems to suit the RV engine. The models and textures seem of a far higher quality in A3's engine as well compared to its native A2fork. I love it, bugs and all.

There are some noticeable absences from the Arma community, from mission makers to map builders and modders and I do feel that their non participation in this era of Arma is a large loss, but one that we as a community can pull through, but I think the future is a little less colourful for it.

All in all there's no other game or franchise that im looking more forward to, perhaps save DAYZ, but that's a close cousin and cant really be counted as anything other than part of the Arma family, no matter how many may say so.

This has been more about what we or I are doing after win so apologies for that.

I have no idea what the next "premium" DLC (let's just call it paid, "premium" is such a marketing buzzword *blegh*) content will contain but hopefully it will be well thought out and will add some real meat to the game rather than fluff. Again, I have faith as although some of A2's DLC offerings were lacking in areas as a whole they delivered a good amount of quality content.

I may be sounding overly optimistic, but I really am still excited for the future of A3.

Hope I havnt rambled too much.

Rgds

LoK

The only specifics I got out of that scanning-the-horizon devblog were the teasing of what was later revealed to be Zeus -- which, by the way, is the next main item on the list for release after WIN -- that there was free and paid DLC planned, and that a long-term plan is for there to be another official terrain (free or paid isn't hinted at either way).

sell some dlc to make part of old bug fixed then sell another dlcs to creat some more bugs.

binoculars_25x100.jpg?w=497&h=372

[HORIZON SCANNING INTENSIFIES]

But in all seriousness, I appreciate that they're going to refine and enhance the existing stuff. Less bugs is better.

I foretell a Premium DLC with the Russian Raven PMC, armed with a futuristic AK, and with a Tigr and some BMP 3 or 4 and BTR 90 or 100. A full Russian Futuristic Army is not need as would use most of the CSAT equipment.

And probably also a new expansion maybe in a Pacific island, China futuristic army versus futuristic USMC ( this ones including some kind of V22 Osprey ). I say Pacific because it has been said that its gonna be a new enviroment diff from Altis ( Mediterranean ), chernarus ( Eastern Europe ) and Takistan ( Mid East ).

That or some snow island Russia vs USMC ( like the Aleutians )?

I foretell a Premium DLC with the Russian Raven PMC, armed with a futuristic AK, and with a Tigr and some BMP 3 or 4 and BTR 90 or 100.

I hope for some south-east asian setting with Lingor like maps, but OTOH I know BIS are well aware of the performance impact of maps full of vegetation...

Maybe the current situation in Eastern Europe can inspire some new ideas and DLCs.

Edited by Nikiforos

I believe the next big dlc with new content will continue the Main Campaign history, so it should take place somewhere which would give answers about

Miller and his UKSF

I'm still waiting for the rest of the campaign to come out because win was short as fuck.

This, we need Win Episode 2.

Snow or jungle...but I think will be snow and correspondat armies on snowy suits..

I will also hope for a winter-wonderland, i would be nice to see a large snowmap with snowstorms... And especially if it can be incorporated that the soldiers sink in when walking in deep snow... Followed of course by a array of vehicles suited for the snow enviroment and troops too... If it should follow the story-line it could be the CSAT invasion of the Balkans during winter...