Sign in to follow this  
Armitxes

List of Questions regarding the constest

Hello fellow competitors!

I got some contest questions and hope at least some can be answered ;)

• The contest starts delayed, will the entire timeline be changed to a later date?
  • What if a contestant doesn't make it to include all announced contents? Will he be disqualified or be rated depending on what he submitted?
  • As this is a military simulator: Must the submitted mission be related to the military or can it be independent from it? (i.e. Animal or Hunting Simulator, Life mission, etc.)
  • Are there any limits regarding size of the mission, performance, quality of the code etc. or will the jury take it into account?
  • I guess we can keep updating the submitted mission after the contest is over?

I can't help you with any of your questions, I would like to know myself to be honest.

Extending your last question: "I guess we can keep updating the submitted mission after the contest is over?"

The closing entry is 24th October 2014 - winner announced sometime in January 2015. We are not supposed to edit the entry (according to the rules) after the October date. I'm concerned that I may need to fix a bug for the subscribed players during that 4 month period, will i get disqualified? do BI take a copy of our work on the 28th October - so we can continue to work on our projects?

:/

Hello fellow competitors!

I got some contest questions and hope at least some can be answered ;)

• The contest starts delayed, will the entire timeline be changed to a later date?
  • What if a contestant doesn't make it to include all announced contents? Will he be disqualified or be rated depending on what he submitted?
  • As this is a military simulator: Must the submitted mission be related to the military or can it be independent from it? (i.e. Animal or Hunting Simulator, Life mission, etc.)
  • Are there any limits regarding size of the mission, performance, quality of the code etc. or will the jury take it into account?
  • I guess we can keep updating the submitted mission after the contest is over?

Hi Armitxes,

Let me try to answer your questions:

• Although the date for sending in applications was delayed slightly, we haven't delayed the deadlines. This because the application date wouldn't prevent people from already working on their entry. Hope that makes sense.
  • It's up to the contestants how much of their entry they want to reveal. For example, you can choose to submit your final entry just a few days before the deadline, or go for the 'early access' approach. Generally, I personally recommend the latter, as you'll probably want to at least test your work on various hardware configurations.
  • The submissions don't need to be military-related. We welcome whatever you can come up with!
  • There are no limits to the size of the mission, but technical quality/performance will definitely be one of the things taken into account by the jury.
  • We will most likely download all submissions on October 28th (contest deadline), and this will be the version which will be evaluated by the jury. You should be still able to update your work for the general public though.

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions for now. Good luck in the contest!

Sign in to follow this