Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Wargame Red Dragon

So my question is do you think it is worth buying this game? I have the other 2 (and liked them) so I get the discount as well.

Dan;2657763']So my question is do you think it is worth buying this game? I have the other 2 (and liked them) so I get the discount as well.

Definately!

BTW I really like the new amphibious gameplay. I already surprised a few people by getting some infantry across rivers and into their rear.

How the game's community is taking this one, or to be more clear, will be life on previous games once this is out?

And how time consuming is this (learn, play)? Life is happenning and I can't keep up with gaming as much as I wanted to =\

The community is generally positive about it. I expect almost everyone to switch to the new game shortly. If you have a generall understanding of military tactics and if you have played one of the previous games then you shouldn´t have any problems.

Anyone noticed that many many pact players use the reddragon/chinese/n.korean decks of pure spam? I have the feeling that its very effective for a 4vs4 to have at least 2 spam buddys at your side as pact.

Finally went and got the game, downloading it now, you can find me on steam with my name if you want to do some cooping.

I made a short video showcasing an amphibious assault

I love this new feature.

If you don't play North Korea like this, you're a scrub

9ONtsL8BdLY

I made a short video showcasing an amphibious assault

I love this new feature.

That was awesome. Can't wait to get around to playing my first game in it. I like how the AI actually went pretty much straight into the water instead of messing around as if they were scared like they do in Arma.

If you don't play North Korea like this, you're a scrub

9ONtsL8BdLY

It is actually dead easy to counter such a deck.

@[EVO] Dan Thank you

Did they add an option to move camera around with mouse button (right) like most other strategy games or is it still WASD only?

WASD, mouse moving to screen edges (you can turn it off) and usually zoom out and back in to another place. But not rightclick and drag like Arma map.

Thats too bad, so you cant really play with one hand vs. AI and eat candy with other :( :D

Game looks cool, its been a few years since i played an rts type game... does it have an editor :P or is it MP only.

Also it seems like you just spam areas with hundreds of units much like Star Craft and command and conquer.

Still, it looks very nice :)

Game looks cool, its been a few years since i played an rts type game... does it have an editor :P or is it MP only.

Also it seems like you just spam areas with hundreds of units much like Star Craft and command and conquer.

Still, it looks very nice :)

It doesn´t have an editor but you canalso play skirmish matches, or coop against the AI. There will also be a few SP campaigns.

And no you don´t spam areas with lots of units, that only gets them killed^^

Watch some gameplay on YT

Huge bump. The game received a DLC and patch last week. Poland, East Germany and Czechoslovakia have been given 90s equipment (nothing western though since they are still in WP).

Autoloader tanks are hilarious now too.

You forgot to mention that the DLC is completely free.

I can't wait to play once I get home.

CS got a T72M2 with 21 front armor, 23 primary cannon AP power and it has 30mm cannon instead of MG :omg:

The DLC really seems to have balanced the game.

Autoloaders are now a thing for tanks wich means that theyr rate of fire doesn't drop when they are panicked. Since most Pact tanks have those and most Nato tanks not this has made Pact tanks more powerfull in brawl fight situations. Nato tanks on the other hand are more accurate and have much better stabilizers. Many high end Soviet tanks can now fire their ATGMs on the move.

SPAAGs are now much more powerfull and reliably kill planes and helicopters that get too clse to them. They also fuck up infantry and unarmored vehicels. Helicopter and Airspam are two things that don't work any more. Now you have to be carefull with your planes.

Indeed. North Korea could use a better supply vehicle though. Most nations have either a truck or a heli or both with high capacity. NK has neither.

Well, when your only supplies are moldy rice donated by your enemies, what do you expect?

Funny. If they have T90 tanks I think they could manage better trucks :).

Anybody got the DLC? worth a buy or not?

Haven't really played much of this game, especially compared to EE but I guess that's more a reflection of the lack of time now on my part.