mathias_eichinger

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Hey bloodbomb,

all my missions except one actually use AiA, plus some other stuff, one of them (War of Dagestan) actually uses the AiA/RHS combo you mention, and I got subscribers for all of my mission. If you use addons within reason (meaning they should feature heavily in the mission and not just be a static prop in the intro) people will understand and download in this day and age of broadband connections.

Keep me informed if you need any more help with your mission!

• Like 1

This is an excellent initiative, Mathias_e. Especially since the vanilla Arma 3 content is very "uninspiring". I really miss the nitty gritty feel of Chernarus! I have been thinking of some sort of recreation of the Pepple Island Raid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_Pebble_Island

Please do! I really love to play this one. And then I can use the mods what you use, in my Top Malo House scenario... ;)

Guys,

check out Post #14 on the first page of this thread. I think you are already able to to this mission, and please keep in mind that this post is a bit old, so there might be more useful things for a Falklands scenario out already. I hope you can both do one, would love to see them.

Guys,

check out Post #1 on the first page of this thread. I think you are already able to to this mission, and please keep in mind that this post is a bit old, so there might be more useful things for a Falklands scenario out already. I hope you can both do one, would love to see them.

Thanks. Are you thinking of the mods to the "Dirty War"-scenario?

Hi all, thank you to @mathias_eichinger for keeping RWO alive after I disappeared from the forums and the editing community. It's been years. I've been dabbling in A3 editing, so if you liked my missions during the RWO days, get stoked because some new stuff may be forthcoming!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@h34dup Great to see you back. Lions of Kandahar still rates as one of the best SP Campaigns for A2 in my book.

Any chance that you and/or other RWO authors will develop COOP missions?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, domokun said:

@h34dup Great to see you back. Lions of Kandahar still rates as one of the best SP Campaigns for A2 in my book.

Any chance that you and/or other RWO authors will develop COOP missions?

Thanks, domokun! Can't speak for the others, but it's unlikely I will release COOP, I have always been an SP gamer in all games. That said, I'd consider giving permission to someone else in the community to convert my missions for COOP, can't imagine it's terribly hard for someone who knows what they're doing.

As for RWO, I've been away for too long to consider picking things back up, and still the project was carried into A3 by mathias, I'd say it's no longer my call where things go. However, I really only like to edit missions with a basis in reality, so all my stuff is technically RWO.

The project that got me back into editing is a 4-mission mini-campaign for UNSUNG following MACV-SOG through 1967, '68, '69, and '70. First mission, based on Practice Nine (later known as Igloo White) has most of the core game components, I started working on the 4th mission which is inspired by Operation Ivory Coast. If you like LoK and TF 42, you'll likely enjoy these missions. Another idea I had been messing with is based on the SAS during WW2 (IFA/FOW) - desert raids in N Africa, insurgency in Greece, working w/ Maquis in France. The modern setting is mostly dry for me, but I had been playing "my little operator" to find a good Op. Neptune Spear AOR1 DEVGRU outfit...might have some fun with that setting one day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, h34dup said:

Thanks, domokun! Can't speak for the others, but it's unlikely I will release COOP, I have always been an SP gamer in all games. That said, I'd consider giving permission to someone else in the community to convert my missions for COOP, can't imagine it's terribly hard for someone who knows what they're doing.

As for RWO, I've been away for too long to consider picking things back up, and still the project was carried into A3 by mathias, I'd say it's no longer my call where things go. However, I really only like to edit missions with a basis in reality, so all my stuff is technically RWO.

The project that got me back into editing is a 4-mission mini-campaign for UNSUNG following MACV-SOG through 1967, '68, '69, and '70. First mission, based on Practice Nine (later known as Igloo White) has most of the core game components, I started working on the 4th mission which is inspired by Operation Ivory Coast. If you like LoK and TF 42, you'll likely enjoy these missions. Another idea I had been messing with is based on the SAS during WW2 (IFA/FOW) - desert raids in N Africa, insurgency in Greece, working w/ Maquis in France. The modern setting is mostly dry for me, but I had been playing "my little operator" to find a good Op. Neptune Spear AOR1 DEVGRU outfit...might have some fun with that setting one day.

I understand and suspected as much. If you're interested in converting then best reach out to a fellow mission maker whose work you admire and ask for their help. In my experience, provided you tap the right people, you get results.

I'm stoked about your choice of theatres as all sound awesome. I'd be more than happy to help with researching the Maquisards missions as it literally on my doorstep (Vercors) and a passion of mine. Personally I find the low-tech conflicts of WW2 & post-colonial wars (Africa, Indo-China & Falklands) far more challenging than the modern operations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, domokun said:

I understand and suspected as much. If you're interested in converting then best reach out to a fellow mission maker whose work you admire and ask for their help. In my experience, provided you tap the right people, you get results.

I'm stoked about your choice of theatres as all sound awesome. I'd be more than happy to help with researching the Maquisards missions as it literally on my doorstep (Vercors) and a passion of mine. Personally I find the low-tech conflicts of WW2 & post-colonial wars (Africa, Indo-China & Falklands) far more challenging than the modern operations.

Thanks! I read a book about the SAS recently that provided a lot of interesting but very surface-level info about Ops Houndsworth, Bulbasket, etc. It characterized the patchwork units of SAS, Maquis, and even Russians more as a band of pirates than soldiers.

The initial setup I quickly made for SAS Ops in France is built on the Neuville map, has not a forest camp (due to lack of suitable terrain) but a remote farmhouse hosting a motorpool, where you can recruit up to 6 followers from SAS or Maquis (different weapons, specialties, etc.), I also set up a simple mortar request script, but the projectiles in Arma 3 have different classnames, and the only ones I could find that worked were Smoke rounds, 500lb Bombs, and Bazooka shells with rocket trails behind them that slowly fall like leaves before exploding (which is what I've stuck with). I would love to figure out how to make that into like a mission hub, where you can choose to take on different missions across the Neuville map (eg. Ambush the convoy, Assassinate the officer, Destroy all vehicles at X location, Rescue the prisoner, etc.).

Still, for now, I'd like to just focus on getting through making a single mission, and 'nam is furthest along.

• Like 3