Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 3: WIN - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

The atmosphere was something that can't be described, it all felt realistic, an alive world, in this last episode the immersion was awesome, it felt like a war.

Absolutely agree there.

In Moral Fiber (the one where you attack Pyrgos), when the convoy was ambushed near the beginning, everyone bursts out, runs for the rusty cars and starts firing at the AAF. I don't really know what's going on, just some generally bad stuff. It felt absolutely insane. Far more exciting than anything else in any of the campaign episodes.

I like the majority of the campaign, but I'm pretty disappointed in the ending

Still better than Mass Effect 3!

I had to do it...

'Status Quo' runs at about 5 FPS for me (not measured, very laggy anyway).

I had no FPS problems that would have bothered me in any other mission in any of the episodes..

I had no FPS problems that would have bothered me in any other mission in any of the episodes..

I also took a pretty big performance hit in this one.

That's too bad, I'm sure that a lot of mission makers here (like me) had a lot of ideas/scenarios to make a really good, long and entertaining campaign.

Now that you mention it, there was a LOT of opportunities for combined arms missions during the campaign. Maybe the community can fill in these spaces?

Examples:

1. Assault on the airport (Wipeouts softening targets, tanks and helicopters moving in)

2. Siege of Pyrgos

3. NATO beach landings with amphibious APCs

Just tried the NATO decision and also had big frame drops in "Status Quo".

Or NATO attempt to defeat CSAT counter attack....

Or that, that'd be awesome.

Still better than Mass Effect 3!

I had to do it...

all jokes aside, I think it's much worse than ME3

episode 2 ended with this cliffhanger about Miller, and it was honestly pretty cool. it left me wanting to play the next episode, so I could find out what was really going on. but I was denied that :mad:

In "Preventive Diplomacy", the CAS chopper enters the area of battle without being called by the player, and promptly gets shot down by the enemy tanks :(

In "Preventive Diplomacy", the CAS chopper enters the area of battle without being called by the player, and promptly gets shot down by the enemy tanks :(

I seem unable to reproduce this, could you, please, give me repro steps?

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey guys,

I will drop my two cents here, not about ending (enough was said about it), but about branching of the story (and sorry if someone covered this thing).

The problem is that branches on the story are not made equal. One is clearly more interesting - it's clear choice: Find out more about all those thing going on - or don't.

Second problem is that you need to decide immediately where to go. If you go for James, even without cutting your CO yelling at you over the radio, you can't turn back and join the attack - NATO is already hostile towards you. There is no second chance to return to NATO guys. No opportunity to explain your CO that you will be a minute late (because from James position it takes only so long to get to NATO), or - and this time intentionally, turning the radio down.

So in the end, even if you weren't sure if you want to help Brits, you will slide down into that branch. And that is quite a pitty, IMO.

Devs, it's possible to remove the heal action from James, i have wasted one first aid kit unnecessarily assuming it would save him from death?

I finished on the first day that came out and i notice very Low fps in general on "win". Episode 1 and 2 i had 60 fps in all the missions.

I can't start "Game Over"

I always have the end credits once the conversation with miller is finished.

Is there a way to start it? I'm a bit lost here.

Edit: I just had to revert the mission instead of replay :)

Edited by Papanowel

I can't start "Game Over"

I always have the end credits once the conversation with miller is finished.

Is there a way to start it? I'm a bit lost here.

Edit: I just had to revert the mission instead of replay :)

The mission should start after the end credits :)

I have an interesting (and optimistic) theory on why the campaign has been so short and just cut off.

The original Win episode was probably planned to be much larger, and larger scale, after the AAF defeat they probably planned to have CSAT get more involved and the main plot develop more, however, probably halfway through development of east wind, they possibly decided that they wanted to campaign to only take place during the span of events of subduing the AAF, and develop the rest of the campaign as another episode, the main reason for this being that they wanted to overcome the performance issues with the engine first, because the planned scale for the rest of the campaign was supposed to be much, much larger than it can currently handle. Perhaps we will see a (hopefully free) DLC continuing the campaign as it could be a whole new chapter in itself. Possibly separate from the rumored Pacific DLC, which will probably be another OA.

of course, this is just an extremely optimistic view on it, Im not sure about it because With all the time but into ArmA 3's development, I would have expected more stuff into the game, I really expected more from this game but it really seems they are slacking, I hope they can prove me wrong. I love this game and the series but it could be so much better...

I liked the missions (overall best of all 3 episodes*) but it ended rather... abruptly...

Also,

Why arent we allowed to save during Game Over?

*It only mildly pissed me off twice, compared to episode one and two which both had sections that could have made me murder the designer if he happened to be in the same room as me. Also a reason i havent bothered to replay those yet.

Edited by NeMeSiS

IMO this whole campaign was rushed and badly concepted.

Things could have been done much better - and don't tell me there wasn't enough time.

It just feel that everything happens too fast - just like in Star Wars 3 when Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

He's a jedi, ready to denounce Palpatine and then 5 minutes later he kills everybody and becomes Darth Vader... WTF??!!!

Same for this campaign. Plus, it looks like 2 choppers, 1 plane and 3 tanks and hey! we've won!!! WTF??!!!

Plus the missions were too short and felt to be a 1 man army.

The magic of OFP is gone...

That's too bad, when I heard that Zipper5 - who has made 2 of the best ArmA 2 usermade campaigns - had been hired, I thought that we (finally) would have a big, amazing and worthy campaign...

Result is definitely NO - and I bet some usermade campaigns (especially those created for the contest) will be wayyyyyy better.

ATM, there are some better missions - check out "Operation Cold Rising" for example, or "Soaring Tiger" it's exactly the kind of missions I expected for ArmA 3.

The only BI missions I liked in ArmA 3 are the choppers showcases, fixed wings showcase and Blackfoot Down.

The very end of Adapt was cool too (when we're ordered to move to the airfield), but that's all.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've only played the through mission once, but I died a few times defending the village and it happened every time I loaded the game. I will try to work out a repro after work today.

In Preventive Diplomacy, is Delta 3-4 scripted to die? It seem that it blows up every time it reaches Kappa.

Thanks for the feedback.

Okay, it happened again on the second play through. I suspect the laser designator target may be suckering in the CAS chopper. Here is a description of what I did:

1. Clear gamma and reach regroup point.

2. When given orders to attack kappa, I slowly advanced 50m from the regroup point toward kappa. I shot a few enemy troops, and the friendly IFV took out the enemy IFV. I then called artillery support (5xHE shells), used the UAV Terminal, and took manual control of UAV and it's turret and laser designator (but it did not fire any missiles).

3. I was still ~150m from the edge of town when it was declared clear. I was told to defend.

4. Again, I used UAV turret and laser designator to observe but not fire on enemy vehicles.

5. I exited UAV terminal with the intention of moving to high ground. Shortly after I saw the CAS chopper fly over the town and get shot down.

I am playing on veteran difficulty, with VD = 5000m, object VD = 2000m.

Made a third play, without using either laser designator (player or UAV). CAS chopper did not enter the field of battle.

Edited by ceeeb

Okay, it happened again on the second play through. I suspect the laser designator target may be suckering in the CAS chopper. Here is a description of what I did:

1. Clear gamma and reach regroup point.

2. When given orders to attack kappa, I slowly advanced 50m from the regroup point toward kappa. I shot a few enemy troops, and the friendly IFV took out the enemy IFV. I then called artillery support (5xHE shells), used the UAV Terminal, and took manual control of UAV and it's turret and laser designator (but it did not fire any missiles).

3. I was still ~150m from the edge of town when it was declared clear. I was told to defend.

4. Again, I used UAV turret and laser designator to observe but not fire on enemy vehicles.

5. I exited UAV terminal with the intention of moving to high ground. Shortly after I saw the CAS chopper fly over the town and get shot down.

I am playing on veteran difficulty, with VD = 5000m, object VD = 2000m.

Made a third play, without using either laser designator (player or UAV). CAS chopper did not enter the field of battle.

Thank you. :)

Well I'm stuck on "Moral Fibre"... When entering the Hunter for the second time to go help the pinned down squad, the game autosaves, then vehicle just lurches forward a couple of metres and stops. After 20 minutes or so the game autosaves again, then gives me a 'Mission Failed' for not following orders. *EDIT* Removed all mods (@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI3;@Baked_AIS;@TPW_MODS;@WW_AICover;@WW_AIMenu;@Blastcore-A3;@JSRS2.0;@blastcore-tracers) - played the mission again, and this time the Hunter parked a lot closer to the warehouses and when I entered, the mission progressed - so it was something mod related.

Edited by Lobstris

Game crashes on last mission after

escaping the island and I get "THE END" causing it not to be complete

Are you kidding me? There is no save available and I had to walk so far just to get a game crash?