Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 3: WIN - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

How to use the drone?

Because I only have the terminal and when I use it, I can only see the map, nothing more.

How to use the drone?

Because I only have the terminal and when I use it, I can only see the map, nothing more.

On the map find the uav and Right click on it - then you should see "Connect to the UAV" left click it , after that you can control it

Edited by RobertHammer

Right click? Ah, that explains something. I had the same problem. No UAV connected and thought it was just a bug. So I improvised and used the artillery and some AAF launchers once I got close enough to spot the tank. Fortunately, when I had to defend the village, the AAF tanks both got stuck on a wall in the middle of nowhere - so they were basically sitting ducks, easy to take out with artillery.

Speaking of stucking: after securing the factory area in one of the first missions of Win, my team had to regroup at an LZ to be taken to the central airport. However, one of my squadmates was stucking in a building and apparently couldn't move. I'm not proud of this one but I had to force a little "grenade accident" so I could continue the mission. But then again I think I made a habit of getting my teams killed throughout the whole campaign. Mostly by using them as decoys and cannon fodder to distract enemies and protect Kerry. If I were resistance I really wouldn't trust that guy. :D

Edited by IndeedPete

Some tip in Preventive Diplomacy - when you have to attack and then defend the town

- use UAV's laser to bombard the whole town (use TI to see all the enemy units) , to destroy the IFV - you can use laser guided round

- after you have to defend the town - you can easily destroy the enemy ifv/tank by uav because it has 6 LG missiles and then you have to just clear the enemy inf

I used the UAV to clear the town, the IFV did the rest of the job when defending.

Anyway, I couldn't understand how to destroy all these tanks in the last mission, you must NOT call the A10 or whatever its name is as soon as you see them, it will get destroyed, there's a hill close to the blue marker on the map, go there, use the range finder and use everything you have at your disposal except the A10, use every artillery strike you have, you'll love the last explosion.

Disappointing end campaign. It seems pretty clear to be it was a "good enough" mindset to get this over and done with.

Just a heads up, if you choose the Miller ending, in the last mission you can go explore the island and find various tasks, such as to group up with some allies or research the base where you found the Tempest.

Just a heads up, if you choose the Miller ending, in the last mission you can go explore the island and find various tasks, such as to group up with some allies or research the base where you found the Tempest.

Pretty sucky mission, if you die the game ends and you have to start the mission from 0. Dunno why even add such a feature, there is no point for it, otherwise the whole campaign should have designed to be 'die-once-game-over'

Other than the above campaign quality was good, it was maybe a tad short I guess.

Some minor clitches like the already mention @STR_blahblah instead of the speaker name in sideradios in some of the missions.

Pretty sucky mission, if you die the game ends and you have to start the mission from 0. Dunno why even add such a feature, there is no point for it, otherwise the whole campaign should have designed to be 'die-once-game-over'

Yeah, that annoys me, too. I think I'm currently on my 10th try or something :p

Also, just found a Panther with some ammo. You can find pretty good stuff if you go exploring.

Yeah, that annoys me, too. I think I'm currently on my 10th try or something :p

Also, just found a Panther with some ammo. You can find pretty good stuff if you go exploring.

Yes, it is annoying. But I was able to hit "replay" instead of "revert" in the campaign menu and the game loaded my last save instead of fully restarting the mission.

I may have just accidentally escaped from Altis without exploring the whole island...

If someone is willing to explore the whole island, post if you find anything interesting :)

Disappointing end campaign. It seems pretty clear to be it was a "good enough" mindset to get this over and done with.

Yeah it's like they made 3/4 of the campaign (which was great) and then just lost all the ambition and motivation towards the end.

So I finished the campaign by going to James the first time and ended up doing that ending, but when I went to replay the fifth mission again and choose NATO I won but didn't get the other epilogue.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Some tip in Preventive Diplomacy - when you have to attack and then defend the town

- use UAV's laser to bombard the whole town (use TI to see all the enemy units) , to destroy the IFV - you can use laser guided round

- after you have to defend the town - you can easily destroy the enemy ifv/tank by uav because it has 6 LG missiles and then you have to just clear the enemy inf

Yeah, that's what I did. I saw where all the troops had mustered and I pretty much just blanketed the town with cluster munitions.

In Epsiode "Moral Fiber"

when I leave the car at the roadblocks where the shootout between NATO and greenbacks is going on

, I receive an order to follow my leader, I walk up to him and nothing happens. Mission runs a while then with nothing happening, followed by "Mission failed" - "You disobeyed your orders". Anyone else having this issue?

I was exploring Game Over, and came across this map. I don't know if it was shown before, but just incase, I'm posting it here. I was surprised to find out that it actually located Altis and Stratis in the world, when they hadn't done that with either Chernarus or Takistan (they showed the map of the Green Sea Region, but fans had to speculate where it really was).

The islands are south of Italy and south-west of Greece.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x176/JinRenegade/arma32014-03-1515-39-42-77_zps4c0ef858.png (1295 kB)

Edited by Jinzor

I was exploring Game Over, and came across this map. I don't know if it was shown before, but just incase, I'm posting it here. I was surprised to find out that it actually located Altis and Stratis in the world, when they hadn't done that with either Chernarus or Takistan (they showed the map of the Green Sea Region, but fans had to speculate where it really was).

The islands are south of Italy and south-west of Greece.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x176/JinRenegade/arma32014-03-1515-39-42-77_zps4c0ef858.png (1295 kB)

It's so small but it feels huge in the game.

What I dont like about the campaign is that almost in every mission you have your own "team", however, the campaign would be a much more enjoyable if you were just a part of some team lead by someone else....I ended up doing most of the missions myself without/or with small help of AI. They usually die fast... :D

And about the ending, well, what can I say, disappointing.

I think it was rushed. Every mission in win was good but when I played the last mission I got feeling that I am in middle of Win, not at the end. In Survive and Adapt there was much more missions, this sudden ending was just disappointing for me.

Little bug spotted in conversations (mission = moral fiber) : wrong name of speaker

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/11/1394924466-arma3-2014-03-15-23-59-01-68.png (2043 kB)

+ Altis Position = http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/11/1394924747-sans-titre.png

I don't know if I didn't understand what you say but "The islands are south of Italy and south-west of Greece." but it could be false. IRL, Altis & Stratis are between Greece and Turkey.

Edited by Guest

+ Altis Position = http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/11/1394924747-sans-titre.png

I don't know if I didn't understand what you say buy "The islands are south of Italy and south-west of Greece." but it could be false. IRL, Altis & Stratis are between Greece and Turkey.

Did you look at the image I gave you? Here's the link again. I know where the real life Lemnos and Stratis islands are, but this ingame map says otherwise (Lemnos (Altis) and Stratis have moved positions, probably to make the game seem more fictional to avoid controversy), which surprised me.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps4c0ef858.png

Edited by Jinzor

English is not my first language, that why I precise "I don't know if I didn't understand what you say", but it's ok right know.

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

And you're right, it's visible in "survive" intro (with AAN world news), there is a zoom form satellite view to an area between Italy ou Greece :bounce3: (video in A3/missions_f_epa.pbo\A_in_intro.ogv)

After playing the last missions:

Overall the episode WIN feels too short.

The end where the Green Forces surrendered makes sense. => Island occupied, everything peaceful. But there is no answer what happenend. You gave up a good opportunity to explain some stuff. With the pressguy you could have explained so many things. Why was there an invasion. Why did Green Forces turn hostile. WTF did CSAT there? Etc.... This end doesn't feel like a end with so many questions.

The other ending ist really confusing... You find James, you steal the truck and bring it to the black ops guy Miller. He leaves you alone with nearly no information at all and you have too escape from Altis on your own because CSAT is launching the second invasion. Again nobody knows why... Miller implies in the conversation that the truck you stole maybe has something to do with the earthquake you experienced during the last days. Why is CSAT invading the island again at this ending and doesn't start an invasion in the other ending? CSAT and Green Forces are fighting each other now too and I don't know why their alliance broke.

There are so many questions... For example I stll don't know why there are Nato Forces on the island at all and why Green Forces attacked the Nato. You could at least cover some questions with answers at the end.

It feels like you haven't had time for the campaign anymore and therefore you didn't finished it. So whole story is a big ?

You created such a lovely game and did really well on the first two episodes and then you screw the last episode WIN totally.. That's really sad...

Make a fourth episode and clear some things up. I can wait. You wouldn't have to launch it in the next few weeks. Take some time. But there is missing a really big part in the storyline here..

Edited by Onto

I looked at the last episode pbo and there is a mission that's in not in the campaign (yet?):

It's called: Game Over (when you met Miller, he's telling, he's coming back to pick you in a hour... he never showed up) That mission start when Miller tell you he can't help you (again), you're alone in the dark and have to escape Altis by air or boat. You will also have the possibility to help some other soldier.

Edit: someone already talked about it... my bad.

It never showed up when I did the campaign, I might have done something wrong when I played it.

Edited by Papanowel

After playing the last missions:

Overall the episode WIN feels too short.

The end where the Green Forces surrendered makes sense. => Island occupied, everything peaceful. But there is no answer what happenend. You gave up a good opportunity to explain some stuff. With the pressguy you could have explained so many things. Why was there an invasion. Why did Green Forces turn hostile. WTF did CSAT there? Etc.... This end doesn't feel like a end with so many questions.

The other ending ist really confusing... You find James, you steal the truck and bring it to the black ops guy Miller. He leaves you alone with nearly no information at all and you have too escape from Altis on your own because CSAT is launching the second invasion. Again nobody knows why... Miller implies in the conversation that the truck you stole maybe has something to do with the earthquake you experienced during the last days. Why is CSAT invading the island again at this ending and doesn't start an invasion in the other ending? CSAT and Green Forces are fighting each other now too and I don't know why their alliance broke.

There are so many questions... For example I stll don't know why there are Nato Forces on the island at all and why Green Forces attacked the Nato. You could at least cover some questions with answers at the end.

It feels like you haven't had time for the campaign anymore and therefore you didn't finished it. So whole story is a big ?

You created such a lovely game and did really well on the first two episodes and then you screw the last episode WIN totally.. That's really sad...

Make a fourth episode and clear some things up. I can wait. You wouldn't have to launch it in the next few weeks. Take some time. But there is missing a really big part in the storyline here..

If I understood it correctly, if you help NATO, the remaining CSAT spec ops that you would encounter and kill if you helped Miller, take the device and signal AAF that they can surrender as they've got what they needed.

If you go help Miller, you kill them and steal the device, prompting CSAT to attempt and recover it, AAF probably gets pissed at CSAT for some reason and everything goes to hell.

I looked at the last episode pbo and there is a mission that's in not in the campaign (yet?):

It's called: Game Over (when you met Miller, he's telling, he's coming back to pick you in a hour... he never showed up) That mission start when Miller tell you he can't help you (again), you're alone in the dark and have to escape Altis by air or boat. You will also have the possibility to help some other soldier.

It's in the game. It happens instead of the reporter mission if you decide to go to find James instead of regrouping with NATO.

Did you look at the image I gave you? Here's the link again. I know where the real life Lemnos and Stratis islands are, but this ingame map says otherwise (Lemnos (Altis) and Stratis have moved positions, probably to make the game seem more fictional to avoid controversy), which surprised me.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps4c0ef858.png

It was a well known fact ever since Altis was released on devbranch. The coordinates of the islands are displayed during loading screens.

If I understood it correctly, if you help NATO, the remaining CSAT spec ops that you would encounter and kill if you helped Miller, take the device and signal AAF that they can surrender as they've got what they needed.

If you go help Miller, you kill them and steal the device, prompting CSAT to attempt and recover it, AAF probably gets pissed at CSAT for some reason and everything goes to hell.

Actually, I think more likely that AAF does not know about the device at all, and that CSAT was just using them as a proxy to defend their research facility from potential NATO attack. After CSAT loses contact with the squad at the research facility that was guarding the device, they assume it was taken and they launch a fullscale of the invasion to retrieve the device, even indiscriminately attacking AAF to get them out of the way.

Sounds like me when I lost my phone in my room, I aggressively tear apart everything and attack anyone who walks into my room. lol.

Honestly though, I really would've liked the ending, if it wasn't the ending. For the Miller ending, the campaign ended just as it got the most interesting, for the NATO ending, it just suddenly anti-climatically ends in a pretty uninteresting fashion.