Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 3: WIN - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

It was fine , just too short

also they didnt said anything new about Miller , about his mission , who send him , how they knew about csat weapon etc

same thing about CSAT and their device - whole earthquake thing looks like from The Dark Knight Rises which Bane used in the movie :D

NATO MEDCOM confirms that they know about Miller's activities to Crossroads, who then tells Kerry to not get involved with "The Brits and their Black Ops bullshit". So, you find out a lot of what's going on, and shows it's not just the brits, NATO is in on it, whatever "it" is. (And we all, naturally, have a good idea what it is)

I havent played past the first two missions but they seem to be broken with todays update:

In the first it won't let me explore the base but skips right to the briefing and the second takes place during broad daylight (I'm 90% sure its suppposed to be nighttime mission).

So I died while playing "Game Over" and it just said THE END and I couldn't load a save. I'm certainly not playing through that mission again.

So I died while playing "Game Over" and it just said THE END and I couldn't load a save. I'm certainly not playing through that mission again.

You could not load a save? Please expand. I had no problems loading from my last save.

I choosed the NATO path, didn't like Miller and James at all, in Survive they never helped my team, they always disappeared for some time.

Could someone who choosed the other path tell me what happens next? Also, what's up with the earthquake? why did they even add it? Did I miss something? Or it's explained in the James path?

Anyway, I loved every bit of this campaign...but the ending...meh, it sucked.

I actually don't think that that's a bug, the campaign supposedly ended after you handed the device to Miller. But really, I think it should have made it clear that Miller got the device back safely (we don't know for sure if he did), otherwise what Kerry did there was absolutely meaningless and instead caused a war to occur.

This episode was pretty short and disappointing, the storyline was stupid:

-An earthquake device! BIS scrapped the railgun but added an earthquake device instead? Makes no sense

Agree! i guess they couldn't get sharks with frickin .." lazers " .. attached to their heads, so an infernal "earthquake" machine instead, unless it's to summon the Kraken. which i highly doubt it is. the ending doesn't leave any questions for me, because it's simply too corny. The whole narrative could have stepped back a bit, maybe a more realistic twist, like tactical missiles aimed at Europe. dressed up with AAN cutscenes and show a glimps of the fictive 2035 political landscape. And then leave it open ended. I really think narrative and story telling is important in a campaign.

I choosed the NATO path [...] Could someone who choosed the other path tell me what happens next?

You find James dying after an apparent gunfight with CSAT SF near a research dome. He tells you to go and find a truck there and take it to Miller. You go to the dome, there is a truck with some sort of device on the back. There are several other devices on the ground in the dome, and a lab full of dead scientists (which Kerry doesn't really have anything to say about, despite having an opinion on most other things).

You deliver the truck to Miller, who is in total bad guy mode wearing dark glasses and speaking in a sinister way. He basically says kthxbye. Kerry demands an explanation, saying that Miller sabotaged the NATO invasion in order to acquire the device (I don't know what he means by this, what did Miller do to sabotage the invasion? Anyone?). Miller becomes belligerent and threatens Kerry, but then says that he likes Kerry and will come back for him in an hour, while a bunch of CSAT jets fly over and the scene fades out to the sounds of NATO radio messages talking about a CSAT invasion and telling everyone to get off the island.

After the credits, there is another mission which is basically Escape From Altis. Miller never came back for you, Kerry calls him on the radio and Miller says it was too dangerous to return, to which Kerry says "fuck you" in classic Kerry fashion. I didn't finish the mission, but one piece of information I got from an NPC was that CSAT and AAF are now fighting each other.

You find James dying after an apparent gunfight with CSAT SF near a research dome. He tells you to go and find a truck there and take it to Miller. You go to the dome, there is a truck with some sort of device on the back. There are several other devices on the ground in the dome, and a lab full of dead scientists (which Kerry doesn't really have anything to say about, despite having an opinion on most other things).

You deliver the truck to Miller, who is in total bad guy mode wearing dark glasses and speaking in a sinister way. He basically says kthxbye. Kerry demands an explanation, saying that Miller sabotaged the NATO invasion in order to acquire the device (I don't know what he means by this, what did Miller do to sabotage the invasion? Anyone?). Miller becomes belligerent and threatens Kerry, but then says that he likes Kerry and will come back for him in an hour, while a bunch of CSAT jets fly over and the scene fades out to the sounds of NATO radio messages talking about a CSAT invasion and telling everyone to get off the island.

After the credits, there is another mission which is basically Escape From Altis. I didn't finish it, but one piece of information I got from an NPC was that CSAT and AAF are now fighting each other.

Thanks, choosing to keep fighting with the NATO has been a good idea.

After the credits, there is another mission which is basically Escape From Altis. Miller never came back for you, Kerry calls him on the radio and Miller says it was too dangerous to return, to which Kerry says "fuck you" in classic Kerry fashion. I didn't finish the mission, but one piece of information I got from an NPC was that CSAT and AAF are now fighting each other.

He didn't inform NATO of the FIA offensive, which caused the first attack at Altis AFB to falter and fail when the friendly fire incident threw it for a loop. This had the side effect, I'd guess, of making the CSAT feel a bit more secure about their position on the island so that they didn't pull the 'Device' out of there right away, so that Miller's team could get at it. Also, regarding the device, well... there is some evidence emerging that Geothermal power stations might actually exacerbate or cause tremors with their activity, so it's possible that the CSAT Device is some attempt to weaponise that principle

He didn't inform NATO of the FIA offensive, which caused the first attack at Altis AFB to falter and fail when the friendly fire incident threw it for a loop. This had the side effect, I'd guess, of making the CSAT feel a bit more secure about their position on the island so that they didn't pull the 'Device' out of there right away, so that Miller's team could get at it. Also, regarding the device, well... there is some evidence emerging that Geothermal power stations might actually exacerbate or cause tremors with their activity, so it's possible that the CSAT Device is some attempt to weaponise that principle

So Miller has been the bad guy since the start? Why was he on Stratis at first? Why didn't the NATO find him while he was there before the flashpoint started?

Kerry demands an explanation, saying that Miller sabotaged the NATO invasion in order to acquire the device (I don't know what he means by this, what did Miller do to sabotage the invasion? Anyone?)

I think , Kerry meant the Radio equipment on Stratis , which Miller team wanted to call NATO ,but they didnt - instead they destroyed it and said that AAF did it

so maybe thats how Miller delayed NATO invasion , because they wanted to find and get that earthquake device - why? i have no idea :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Used the "Campaign"-cheat to unlock the new episode.

The good, thus far:

Finally some large-scale scenarios; no more of these ridiculous two-squad slap-fights. About time.

The bad, thus far:

From what I can see, the episode is extremely short.

The voice-acting appears to be of somewhat lower quality.

A fucking GI JOE-cartoon doomsday machine? Seriously?

So Miller has been the bad guy since the start? Why was he on Stratis at first? Why didn't the NATO find him while he was there before the flashpoint started?

Not a 'bad guy'. Just Black Ops, he had objectives handed to him by NATO that didn't gel with a swift re-invasion of Altis and Stratis because they need CSAT to deploy the device for testing

Also, for those complaining about the device...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon The idea is a real one. Real enough that there are treaties banning anyone from thinking about or developing them. Imagine the damage you could cause in the pacific if you could cause massive earthquakes, for example

Used the "Campaign"-cheat to unlock the new episode.

The good, thus far:

Finally some large-scale scenarios; no more of these ridiculous two-squad slap-fights. About time.

The bad, thus far:

From what I can see, the episode is extremely short.

The voice-acting appears to be of somewhat lower quality.

A fucking GI JOE-cartoon doomsday machine? Seriously?

The device could have been better, I mean, earthquakes can destroy entire cities based on where the city is but I really don't see the point of an earthquake device, they could have thought of something else, the idea was good though but it was poorly explained, if at all.

This is the first game I see where you're *part* of the war, no Spec-Ops things, I always hated those, just like you said large-scale scenarios with everything on them, lovely. Yeah, it was pretty short, I finished it in 2 hours, it was rushed, the NATO ending proves it.

Anyway, did Stavrou in the end of Adapt?

the AAN guy tells Kerry to ask him about the brits

In the future expansion's campaign, could we potentially play from more than one perspective next time (and by that I don't just mean more than one character; I mean more than one character across different factions)? It'd be cool if we could see CSAT's perspective for once. We have not yet played, in any of the ArmA campaigns, as a guy who was not on NATO's side, or didn't have history serving with NATO (PMC).

So, whole campaign finished, and I gotta say I'm disappointed.

Not very long, no epic moment, I was just... bored playing it, just like BF3 campaign.

It's just like "played and forgotten".

And not to say the horrible AI that fucks a lot of things too.

Well, ArmA 3 is my most disappointing game from BIS thus far.

I hope expansion and DLC's will bring really good thing - no more futuristic gear, and a decent campaign.

So, whole campaign finished, and I gotta say I'm disappointed.

Not very long, no epic moment, I was just... bored playing it, just like BF3 campaign.

It's just like "played and forgotten".

And not to say the horrible AI that fucks a lot of things too.

Well, ArmA 3 is my most disappointing game from BIS thus far.

I hope expansion and DLC's will bring really good thing - no more futuristic gear, and a decent campaign.

The only thing that irritated me through it was the AI. I like the future setting (Although I'm still not sure how I feel about the MacGuffin, except that I think it might be a deliberate bird flip at the people who complained about the 'Railgun Tank', which I heartily approve of. In general, I think they were far too conservative about the kind of technology that will be in operation by 2035, with stuff that isn't too different to current equipment, when it seems like we'll have load bearing exoskeletons and hypersonics by 2035. Also, really exhausted with present day settings, so future setting with something other than 'Terrorists' as enemies is really, really refreshing), and I enjoyed the campaign - varied missions types encompassing all the aspects of warfare, and the writing wasn't terrible, which is an improvement (Barring the MacGuffin, which kinda came out of nowhere and should've been foreshadowed more, I think). I also think for having worked to introduce the Scuba mechanic, it was seriously underutilised by them, only showing up in that one mission in Survive. I guess due to the lack of large naval units to operate against. (BIS really needs to add something the size of a small patrol vessel to the various factions)

Before I knew what the "device" was, I thought it was a truck carrying a Nuclear warhead.

Before I knew what the "device" was, I thought it was a truck carrying a Nuclear warhead.

Pretty sure it's appearance is such so that mission makers can use it for, well, anything they want. It makes a great prop for a variety of missions/scenarios.

Maybe i was expecting too much from this episode (i though it would be more like the adapt episode but with tanks, more weapons, vehicles, etc.) but overall i'm very disapointed... When "The end" sign appeared my face was pretty much a "poker face", very short and simple episode. And second, the story has a lot of unexplained stuff. Anyway, let's hope that mission makers cook some good stuff from this arma.

Does anyone know if the "Armed Assault" -showcase mission make an appearance in Win?

Does anyone know if the "Armed Assault" -showcase mission make an appearance in Win?

It does not.

There is a new showcase for aircraft which is surprisingly similar to a mission I made back when Altis was first released, though.

Also, I will agree with people that this episode felt short, but that might be due to the lack of a hub area and the free-roaming missions present in Adapt. I think it actually has roughly the same number of "actual" missions as Adapt, from a rough headcount.

"Huge disappointment." That was the first thing that came to my mind after I saw "The End" popping up on my screen. I thought: "This is it? Really? There must be more! BIS has been building an exciting storyline over the episodes which was continiously moving towards something big. Some twist in the end, some point where Kerry discovers everything, Miller's real identity and true goal gets discovered. And they're doing THIS?! Just hop on a chopper, get off the island, make tea and go to bed?! There must be something else, some decision I fucked up so I got to drop out earlier. Let's check the DevBranch thread..."

Well, come on, BIS, you can do better, I saw it in the two episodes before. How can you leave the player alone without telling him at least something? How can you build two really good episodes heading towards a big ass finale and then just skip the finale itself? Great start, sad end.

Apart from the fucked up ending it was a good campaign. Great voiceacting, good atmosphere, nice lighting, really great missions that were fun to play, a lot of side blows on ealier Arma campaigns and a very little amount of bugs. I enjoyed the gameplay though it could have been more diversified (tank driving, helo flying etc.). But that's not really a downside, I will surely play it again some time(s). All in all - good campaign with unsatisfying end.

Edited by IndeedPete