Sign in to follow this  
Waterman

Waterman's island...

Hey everyone!

Don't know if you would call this an addon but...

Just want to show you my island in progress - Skye...

I've just released my latest beta of my island, which is available at my page:

http://www.freewebs.com/watermansofpsite/index.htm

There are screenshots there also...

http://www.freewebs.com/watermansofpsite/sceenshots.htm

(Sorry I couldn't post them here! confused.gif )

NB: Best to view my screenshots page in full size...

Waterman. smile.gifconfused.gif

got a version of this one a while ago, very nice.

Especially like the hill top fortification and the layout of the urban areas.

In short

Nice

nice island... i really like the bridge over the valley

i know that its a very simple thing to do it (strange that nobody had the idea about bridges over valleys before) but it really looks cool

Thanks. smile.gif

Any suggestions or changes for it that could be implimented? Or does anyone have some better names I could use for it? It's not that easy thinking up names you know...

I thought it was strange that nobody has used the bridge sections on land too... I think it looks O.K. anyway...

I might be able to put some pics here soon...

Cheers,

Waterman.

this has to be one of my favorite islands just because it looks so nice and natural. the only thing you should add is to make the airport flyable and landable

ive been using it since beta 1 (your on 1.2 now arent you?) and i really like it, one thing though, isit possible for you to add more bushes and trees as theres large areas of open ground with no cover, especially in the south west portion of the island (near the base and radio tower)

other than that very nice smile.gif

As I recall, the suburban areas were very nice, if a bit overly vegetated. Also, the changes of elevation were way too extreme.

i dont think extreme is right, we have a range of hills near where i live similar to them, pretty steep (over 45°) though admitedly some shallower ones would be nice

Thanks! Recommendations a welcomed...

Sorry, but in a hurry, talk l8r!

Waterman. smile.gif

I like it Waterman, I've been building a campaign around it just recently....

I love your island, particularly the Town near the bridge across the Water. Thats a pretty neat touch

Plus the Clearing in the forest where you can land a covert ops team! smile.gif

Just two minor flaws

(i) Could you give the towns names please?

(ii) The Base on the mountain top is unreachable by foot or land vehicle, can the mountain not be so steep please?

i)Skye Beta3 has names...

ii)I will make it less steep... smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback,

Waterman.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ Sep. 17 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i)Skye Beta3 has names...

ii)I will make it less steep... smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback,

Waterman.<span id='postcolor'>

Like the others, I have to say that your map is one of the best I've seen so far! Extremely well done!

However I'm curious about something.... how did you put in the Resistance buildings??? Is there a new version of WRPedit out that I missed or did you do some other voodoo to get them in there? I haven't downloaded any new maps until I saw the new buildings in them and yours is the first I've seen that has the tall apartment buildings from OFP:R.

Excellent work! Oh...if you could put more shrubbery and buildings around the airport that would be very good so as to make airport assaults a little more interesting.

Another airbase somewhere (or perhaps on a seperate island) might be nice as well. That way for example you could take off with a squadron of A-10's, attack the enemy airbase, and then land back at your own airbase.

So far that's only been possible with Nogovo.

Thx!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Getting the Resistance objects into WRPedit was a bit of a head ache. Long story...

Remember it's a beta. More vegetation on the way! smile.gif

Also there is a second airport on the Beta3 version available now at my site.

Cheers,

Waterman.

What you need to do is find and download cut-pbo, I think it's available at ofp.info and might be here at flashpoint1985.

Put the file in the resistance dta file, load up dos and type in 'cut-pbo.exe noe.pbo' and once that task is done then type 'cut-pbo.exe o.pbo'

This will create two new files... new-noe.pbo and new-o.pbo Cut these files and paste them in the original Flashpoint dta folders and rename them to o.pbo and noe.pbo then load up wrpedit, go to the pbo's and add the textures or objects. Done, voila.

To play Resistance again, cut and paste the two files from the original dta folder to somewhere else for temporary storage until you use wrpedit again in which case you put them back.

At no time during this process, are you to move the original resistance dta files, just leave them there and play with the cut files.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ Sep. 18 2002,00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Getting the Resistance objects into WRPedit was a bit of a head ache. Long story...

Remember it's a beta. More vegetation on the way! smile.gif

Also there is a second airport on the Beta3 version available now at my site.

Cheers,

Waterman.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok I found the first airport up at the North end of the island but where is the second airport?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Make sure it's the THIRD beta you have...

If you have it, it's to the nort east of the island near the long river...

Waterman. smile.gif

Sombody should upload things like the Resistance bridges, just so us without resistance can play these custom islands! The screenies do look real cool.

@Waterman

This island is really phantastic! It's really one of the best islands I downloaded this far.

Perhaps I've got another suggestion for you. Just in front of the left runway, there is a small hill in the south and I don't think that such a hill would be nearby a runway!

Now, all you need, are custom city signs with the appropriate names of your towns/cities, and this island is perfect!

@Rukiesrule

It isn't just a matter of uploading the resistance bridge and other objects you need all the other files so that OFP know how to access and interprate them. But thanks for the compliment! smile.gif

@bigpoppa

I suppose your right about the hill, but it was just to make that particular area more interesting.

Custom city signs would require a new model with new textures, which I'm no good at. (Unless someone would like to do some for me! wink.gif )

Cheers,

Waterman. smile.gif

well bis should make it a download, and not just forget about us, i'd get resistance but i'll find it pritty useless cuz i'm lower than min specs! (I'll be way above in a few months time. 2.3ghz, hehe!wink.gif

Waterman did you make all those hills in WRP edit or in wilbur? and if you made them in WRP how did you get them so smooth?

Gotta say that this is one helluva nice island, best one so far.

But the bad thing is that it´s bold, it needs a shitload of trees, bushes and rocks. If you put them on your island then i

bet you can find it from every server. Keep up the good work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Sep. 19 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">blabla<span id='postcolor'>

Well, consider that in 1.46 the engine cant handle collision on top of each other, so u wont be able to drive vehicles etc. over the bridge in 1.46.