Sign in to follow this  
Rafael_Schug

I'm curious about a video setting

Well, I'm using the HD 6870 1GB video card, and I'm wondering if I buy a new one, like a GTX 780, will it improve my performance in the game? I mean, of course this card is way better than mine, but since it's a 2 years old game, maybe it's not going to make such a difference. I've seen a lot of people using better video cards and still having performance issues. :confused:

Using the HD 6870, I gotta set the "Visibility" option at 5000 ~ 5200, otherwise, frames per second go around 20~25. :(

I wonder if it's a GPU limitation or a engine problem sort of thing.

My system specs:

Core i7 3770K @ Stock.

P8Z77-V

16GB 1600Mhz

XFX HD 6870 1GB

2TB 7200rpm

Is there anyone here able to run this game at maximum settings? I mean, with Visibility and Object View Distance settings at max.

Well I haven't tried in ultra settings but what I can tell you is that the fps varies greatly from one map to the other.

South Asia for example plays at approximately 50 fps, when not in cities... whereas Seattle plays at approximately 20 fps.

As for the performance improving due to your new possible video card, I doubt it. Sadly there is an issue with TOH and other Bohemia games, such as Arma games, and the fps isn't great...